April Fools: New Fire Emblem for 3DS

VincentASM

In case it wasn't obvious, this was a hoax for April Fool's Day

Fire Emblem: Souryuu no Senki (roughly translates as Chronicles of the Twin Dragons) was revealed in this week's Famitsu. I got a tip off from an old friend that this news was posted on 2chan half a day ago, but I was sleeping so I missed it.

It seems there were a few scans posted, but the only one that still works is this one.

Details from this page that should be correct.

• Game is going to be for 3DS (apparently a launch title, releasing this Winter).
  • Main heroes are the brown-haired swordsman, Rick, and the white/blue-haired girl Firio.
  • Graphics seem to be similar to FE9/10. Screenshots are widescreen, like the PSP.
  • It seems Rick has a new sword called a Kirizi.

Details from the other pages:

Note: At this moment in time, there is no confirmation of whether these are true or not.

• Online battles like in FE DS, but supporting 2-4 players.
  • Skills and Supports are back. It seems there are Skills that affect the whole map.
  • Map affinity from FE10 seems to have a larger role.
  • Story is about Rick, a member of a large dragon-hunting guild, who meets Firio, a young Manakete girl.
  • The player chooses which side to play: the humans (Rick) or Manaketes (Firio).
  • The Manaketes are like the Laguz but can also wield some weapons.
  • Will have CG movies and voice-acting.
  • It seems Senri Kita, the character illustrator for FE9/10, will be drawing the characters again.

EDIT

Official artwork from IS

Edited by VincentASM

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

first I was like; "YES, FINALLY NEW FE!!!!! :awesome: "

then I looked better, saw it will be for 3DS, and already hate it.

I won't be able to play it either, since I guess there won't be an emulator coming for this~

I'm getting a 404 error... :(

me too~

Edited by whase

I messed up the link the first time. Just refresh the page and it should be okay.

I also added details from the other pages of the magazine into the first post : )

I can choose to refuse to believe this.

Please try to think a little. If Vincent was serious about this, wouldn't you be able to easily find this info on the main site, likely under the news or the updates section?

Edited by General Spoon

Please try to think a little. If Vincent was serious about this, wouldn't you be able to easily find this info on the main site, likely under the updates section?

I can also choose to refuse your logic, sir, sound as it may be.

Edited by Integrity

Do any of the 20 users currently reading this topic have any input to add? I know you're not all guests.

18 of them are, according to the tally at the bottom.+

EDIT: BLAST, it shrunk to 17 as I typed.

Edited by Integrity

Oh why, oh why do you crush the hopes of the innocent so heartlessly? >__>

Through some help from a friend at 2ch and my haX0r skills, got better images from the protagonists:

Hero

Manakete

Oh why, oh why do you crush the hopes of the innocent so heartlessly? >__>

Through some help from a friend at 2ch and my haX0r skills, got better images from the protagonists:

Hero

Manakete

The Hero looks a bit more like someone I'd recruit as a Merc. They're probably going for a second non-royal lord.

The Manakete looks nice =D She kinda reminds me of Ninian.

Obviously an April Fool's joke. How can you guys not see that?

hahaha crunts XD it did seem quite suspicous