Oh hey guys!

Ein

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Part of me is kind of off put by the slightly boring colors they chose, but I realize there isn't much else for them to use.

You're wrong about that actually. there are plenty of other colors/gems/elements they can use.

But I don't know which one I'd get first.

The president of The Pokémon Company admited that the original Gold and Silver were intended to be the last in the series. However the success of Pokémon Gold and Silver forced him to change his mind since it was selling faster than Red and Green.

They also added that with Balck&White they want to reinnovate every aspect of the games. Since the latest releases are HGSS (remakes of Gold and Silver as we all know), the names Black&White are probably referring to a new, fresh start of pokémon, keeping somewhat true to Gold and Silver being the last ones before any major overhaul of the series.

Edited by Magna

Of which adds a nice thick layer of curiosity on if they really mean that or if they're just blowing smoke up our asses.

It's pokemon though so I'll know it's at least enjoyable, cause really...Fuck the story. However, if the game in general is in fact truly going to get a major overhaul, I can't wait to see how it works out, and I hope it's just as enjoyable.

While the gameplay of these generations has been quite nice, it's nice to see that maybe they'll take a fresh new start with it all. Would be quite refreshing.

*Waits patiently for April 15th*

When they say "completely reinnovate", I hope they don't mean COMPLETELY. Like, I'd still like for it to be a turn-based RPG, where the main goal is to beat the gym leaders and such. If they mean stuff like giving the story an overhaul, then I guess I'd be for that.

When its localized maybe they'll change it to Pokemon "Ebony Version and "Ivory Version"

I actually like the sound of this.

When they say "completely reinnovate", I hope they don't mean COMPLETELY. Like, I'd still like for it to be a turn-based RPG, where the main goal is to beat the gym leaders and such. If they mean stuff like giving the story an overhaul, then I guess I'd be for that.

Turn based RPG? Of course. Gyms? Nah, we've done that every game save the Gamecube games. I would actually like the goal to be something completely different from pokemon league and beating team *insert name here*.

Other elements? We'll simply have to see what they did in fact change.

I actually like the sound of this.

I honestly prefer Black and White as Ebony and Ivory, while not bland, just are weird sounding words. On top of that, imagine the neverending Ebony and Ivory reference jokes.

I hope they dont pull another Ruby/Saphire

with them talking about "reinventing" things

Do you reember the original gameboy games? Some things were just badly implimented, a tweaking I think was necessary and paid off well. There was so much cheesiness in the old games it wasn't funny.

The EVs and IVs thing was more for the competitive scene, so I won't get into that as I'm not huge on that edge.

SIDE NOTE: I loved 3rd gen, but being forced to forgot about the first 2 gens left a bad taste in my mouth

I missed a lot of pokemon in Gen 4, but I still liked it. Gen 3 sucked because it was so goddamn boring."Let's make the last quarter of the game just surfing on wide nearly barren ocean, with dull locales and uninspiring and perhaps even ear-grating music!"

Hoenn is just unpleasant, boring, and frankly I don't care to go back to it.

Turn based RPG? Of course. Gyms? Nah, we've done that every game save the Gamecube games. I would actually like the goal to be something completely different from pokemon league and beating team *insert name here*.

But that's what Pokemon has always been. A drastically different formula should stick to being sidegames. Besides, the best human characters in the games are all gym leaders.

I honestly prefer Black and White as Ebony and Ivory, while not bland, just are weird sounding words. On top of that, imagine the neverending Ebony and Ivory reference jokes.

So you prefer Pokemon Negroid and Pokemon Caucasian versions?

But that's what Pokemon has always been. A drastically different formula should stick to being sidegames. Besides, the best human characters in the games are all gym leaders.

Like Collosium, probably the most underrated game in the series? It's far more interesting than any of the "mainline" games simply because it attempted to be something different and did fairly well with it's idea. Not saying it has to follow Collosium to a cue, but it's not like pokemon can't do something different and not work.

So you prefer Pokemon Negroid and Pokemon Caucasian versions?

What the fuck? It's just Black and White, are you seriously thinking that's some sort of racial thing they're doing?

I think they should get rid of HMs altogether.

SIGNED!!

Edited by Cait Sith

Like Collosium, probably the most underrated game in the series? It's far more interesting than any of the "mainline" games simply because it attempted to be something different and did fairly well with it's idea. Not saying it has to follow Collosium to a cue, but it's not like pokemon can't do something different and not work.

Colosseum, while underrated, still is pretty bad. I liked it and all, but I certainly wouldn't want the next games to be like that. It's not a great example to use. But anyway, the main games are for the gym leader challenge, and I think it should stay that way.

What the fuck? It's just Black and White, are you seriously thinking that's some sort of racial thing they're doing?

You said "ebony and ivory jokes". My comment was that the names Black and White certainly aren't going to be without jokes.

SIGNED!!

The HM system used to have a purpose (putting them HMs in the PC and making a poke forget it might get you stuck somewhere), but now that you have unlimited bag space... It's like the game mechanic from hell, that refuses to die.

Colosseum, while underrated, still is pretty bad. I liked it and all, but I certainly wouldn't want the next games to be like that. It's not a great example to use. But anyway, the main games are for the gym leader challenge, and I think it should stay that way.

Except...Colosseum wasn't bad. I don't get why people think that.

Rangers. THAT would be a bad example.

You said "ebony and ivory jokes". My comment was that the names Black and White certainly aren't going to be without jokes.

I guess there were gonna be jokes anyways...

Except...Colosseum wasn't bad. I don't get why people think that.

Sephiroth was the main villian. I think that says enough.

Rangers. THAT would be a bad example.

Even worse, yeah.

I would actually miss HM's....some where actually good...like surf...

However Flash is the worse thing ever invented by Game Freak, that and Defog...

No one said the moves would be gone forever, just the fact that they were HMs. 100 TMs sounds like a good idea, compared to the odd amount of 92 (the total amount, not the number itself is odd). Defog, Flash, Rock Smash, and Cut should GTFO forever. Surf, Waterfall, Rock Climb, and Fly are all great.