Oh hey guys!

Ein

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering how hte black pokemon is presented on a white backround and vice versa for the other, I'd expect something more on the basis of chaos and order (Yin and Yang, for those who can't see the pattern).

Well, I Google'd one of the names and an article claiming that Zekrom was available in White while Reshiram was available in Black appeared. Whether it's reliable, I have no idea, but it would explain the backgrounds.

Well, I Google'd one of the names and an article claiming that Zekrom was available in White while Reshiram was available in Black appeared. Whether it's reliable, I have no idea, but it would explain the backgrounds.

Doesn't change the fact that the base concept of Yin and Yang is still presented.

Hmmm, I am more of a fan of Zekrom. Reshiram is sort of awkwardly shaped.

Also, I think they need to add in a Light type of pokemon. It would go perfect with Reshiram being all white, the fact that the versions are white(could represent light) and black(could represent dark), and it would just make sense to have a Dark type and a Light type(not just a Dark type).

Light type would be a lame idea. C'mon think about it, what kind of moves would it have? Would Flash and Aura Sphere become that type because there wouldn't be much else? Light Blast? Light Ray? Light Beam? Light Burst? Light Bomb?

Light Ray sounds cool, maybe Light Bomb, but there would be very few moves. It'd be like 2nd gen dark- relatively uninspired and thrown in at the last minute.

Both of the Legindaries look awesome though. I'm going to have to buy both...

Light type would be a lame idea. C'mon think about it, what kind of moves would it have? Would Flash and Aura Sphere become that type because there wouldn't be much else? Light Blast? Light Ray? Light Beam? Light Burst? Light Bomb?

Depends what kind of light we're talking about. I'm going to assume normal light rather than holy light.

Photon, Defraction, Laser Cutter, Prism Beam, Lightspeed, Pulsar, Concentration, Energize.

Got 8 right there.

There is already psychic anyway. Which is the opposite of dark. However, Psychic which basically could work as light doesn't supereffectively work against Dark.

Both of the Legindaries look awesome though. I'm going to have to buy both...

Or trade online...

Dark isn't supposed to be "ZOMG TEH DARKNESS" but fighting dirty, which such great moves as biting the opponent, hitting him before he returns to his Poké Ball or knock off his item off show.

Which is also why Fighting is super-effective, since they use proper martial arts.

Don't forget getting everyone on your team to attack one guy, literally sucker punching people, crying crocodile tears, and tormenting and taunting your opponent. Dark-types are assholes, to put things bluntly.

They're... alright, I guess. They're not very interesting designs, but they're not insulting to look at. It just looks like they designed one poke (based on Dialga and Palkia) and inverted the color.

They were announced Dragon types....

Almost every legendary is part Dragon. They should be more creative with the typing for them.

Well... dragons are mythical creatures and part of so many legends around the world after all... I'm just happy they didn't change the typing of previous pokemons in the generations shifts. Ho-oh and Lugia are clearly dragons in Japanese lore, iirc, (phoenix and leviathan). But the trend is indeed getting annoying. Perhaps that's the way Gamefreak found so that they would be weak to each other (you only have ghost beside dragons for typings being weak to each other, there's no other combination if you don't consider dual typings).

Well... dragons are mythical creatures and part of so many legends around the world after all... I'm just happy they didn't change the typing of previous pokemons in the generations shifts. Ho-oh and Lugia are clearly dragons in Japanese lore, iirc, (phoenix and leviathan). But the trend is indeed getting annoying. Perhaps that's the way Gamefreak found so that they would be weak to each other (you only have ghost beside dragons for typings being weak to each other, there's no other combination if you don't consider dual typings).

not only that but, but being dragon makes them harder to kill by normal pokemon.

I guess thats part of what makes them Legendary. But still...

An electric pokemon without yellow markings? BLASPHEMY!!!

yeah yeah, magnemite and voltorb lines, screw them

At least it's a new type combination and since it has wings, it'll have Levitate so that electric type doesn't hinder it.

Sweet. I've been waiting for a Dragon/Electric type. Hopefully the rumor is true.

Hope so, too, but I've been waiting for a Dragon/Fire for a much longer time :/

If that turns out to be true, then it's official. Zekrom will be the most badass legendary next to Mewtwo.

IMO anyways.

Badass indeed, though I slightly prefer Reshiram's design.

I love both of the new legendary pokemon and Zekrom possibly being a Dragon/Electric type makes it even more awesome.

We just need to find out what type Reshiram is.