Oh hey guys!

Ein

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why all the dual types?

The bottom one looks like a chicorita clone, lets hope his/her stats will be better.

The top right one looks like piplup, sorta.

The top left looks liek charmander, sorta.

I dunno, these look pretty unimaginative atm.

Articuno looks like Vulpix, Zapdos looks like Zigzagoon, and Moltres looks like Tangela.

It's been confirmed that left is grass, middle is fire, and right is water.

It's quite obvious.

Where has it been confirmed? As far as I know, it hasn't been.

It says it might still be fake, but it seems reasonable in design to the silouettes and the fact there are battle sprites and animation for an attack (must be Ember). That, and the trainers do look fitting to the sprites we've seen of official scrreenshots of their in-game sprites, so...If it turns out to be fake, I doubt things would be too different.

That being said.

Leafy lizard makes me lol in it's design, but it's quite cool.

Is the water type supposed to be a beaver? Regardless, I think it might evolve into a water-ice type. Due to how often strong enemies in-game tend to have dragons, that would be pretty cool.

But wait...

FIRE PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG!!

Oh, and the trainers look cool enough.

Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gooooosh~!

I'm loving how the grass starter looks! Can't wait to see its other forms.

But yeah, it still could be fake. Which would kill my buzz. LET ME BELIEVE!

Edited by EmeraldFox

22253452.jpg

Full image because Serebii is dumb.

Also yeah, this isn't fake.

And that's just sort of obvious you know

female trainer is gr9

I like how the trainers look. They're supposedly older than past generations.

As for the starters my opinions have completely changed. I didn't like the silhouette of the grass starter but I love how it looks now, I liked the fire silhouette but now I only think its average and I quite liked the silhouette of the water one but looking at it now I think it's terrible!

Edited by Tambo

The water one's alright, I guess. I don't particularly like it, but I don't hate it either. The pig bunny fire type's kinda cute, too. The grass one is a badass though. He looks smug as hell, and even has his own built-in collar. He'll definitely be my starter (as if there was any doubt).

edit: I saw fanart yesterday of the girl that looks almost exactly like that. I like her design, as long as she doesn't have a ridiculously short skirt. The boy is... well, this might be the first time I've ever picked the girl.

edit2: HOW GODDAMN FAST DO THE JAPANESE WORK?

this isn't the picture I was talking about, I don't feel like looking for that one

127368768179.jpg

12736865859.png

127368676363.jpg

They are simply not human.

Edited by NotSal

The water one's alright, I guess. I don't particularly like it, but I don't hate it either. The pig bunny fire type's kinda cute, too. The grass one is a badass though. He looks smug as hell, and even has his own built-in collar. He'll definitely be my starter (as if there was any doubt).

This.

And the girl is hot. I normally play as a boy (except in Crystal) but I might just have to be the girl. <3

It seems I'm not the only one who is finding the idea of a FIRE PIIIIIG as awesome. It's also nice to see that the starters aren't so bland at first stage as they are in let's say RSE or DPPt.

Here will be my nicknames for them.

Grass Lizard-Elton John

Fire Pig-The Dude

Water Otter/Beaver/Thing-Fuzzles

Now just some ideas.

Grass starter-Grass Dragon anyone?

Water starter-Would be nice to have a Water/Ice type starter evolution that way I have something with STAB on those inevitable Dragons.

Fire starter-I think it'll just be another fire/fighting since the ears+black coloring along it looks like a bandana (so unless it goes fire/water as it's like a pirate bandana...), so I think it's possibly another one. However, some have thought perhaps Fire/Ground, or even Fire/Dark.

But hey, regardless it's all good. Looking forward to it.

The water one sucks. It is a disgrace to otters everywhere. EVERYWHERE. EVEN THE STUPID MENTALLY RETARDED DISFORMED EVIL ONES.

The girl trainers really ugly, IMO. And whoever drew the boys face didn't do a very good job. It's lopsided =/

For those of you on the competitive front of this game, more unconfirmed stuff, but regardless...

-Zoroark has an ability called Illusion (イリュージョン) which will allow it to transform into various Pokémon. How it differs from the move Transform remains to be seen.

That...has to be weird.

-A move called Trickery (イカサマ) seems to allow the attack to be calculated using the opponent's stats

Once it gets looked into, my prediction is that it might be a good way to know what kind of Ivs or EVs the pokemon hit has, so you can learn what kind of what pokemon it is in competition.

-Another move called Claw Sharpen (つめとぎ) raises the user's Attack and Accuracy stats

What's next, Def and Evasion bolstering?

-Another move called Claw Sharpen (つめとぎ) raises the user's Attack and Accuracy stats

What's next, Def and Evasion bolstering?

Speed instead of Defense seems more plausible if you ask me. Mook Golbats should have those for intense rage, along with Mean Look, Poison Fang and Confuse Ray.

I really hope they don't add any more evasion boosting moves. Double team is already terrible as it is, we don't need something else like it. Raising accuracy isn't so bad though, since that can make the stronger moves (Thunder, Fire Blast, etc) more viable.

You think that's bad, there was another theory that popped up.

Fog being a usable weather effect like Rain Dance. I would RAGE.

That would immediatly banned in competitive gameplay.

Something i'm hoping for, pokemon not weak to hail that are not ice type.

If we're speaking competitive, they need to do something about Stealth Rock. If they don't nerf it, one thing they can choose to do is make the same move utilizing different elements. Couple come to mind already.

Jagged Earth-Ground type

Molten Vent-Fire

Bramble-Grass

What have you.