I Eat Tables's mafia game signup

Tables

It's another mafia game! This one will take place between General Spoon's game and Ether's game. Bizz will be assisting me in this game.

This game will have a loose FE9 theme, and will be very open rule wise (PMs are allowed, any kind of roleclaiming is allowed, etc). However, I'll also be running it to a schedule, finishing each day/night phase at 9pm GMT - if you miss the deadline at night, you miss out on doing your action. Because of that, please sign up only if you can be online at least once every 24 hours.

Please Bold your name when you sign up.

One twist I'm strongly considering in this game is a shop of items. These effectively give you one time abilities of a normal role, such as defending someone for one night. You get money every day (100G per day), and can spend it at night. Every role has a special item which basically augments their ability (E.G. Detective can get a Magnifying Glass, and find out someone's role as well as alignment, including Godfather/Miller).

Here are the basic items I'm considering, are any too expensive/cheap?

Iron Sword: Prevent anyone from affecting you tonight (including attacks, investigations etc.) (250G)

Rescue Staff: Protect one person of choice at night, including yourself, from any attacks (300G)

Killing Edge: Assassinate one person during the night (600G)

Warp Staff: Swap your place with one other person: any actions done to you will be done to them and vice versa (400G)

Spy kit: Allows you to watch one person and find out if they're innocent/guilty (300G)

[spoiler=Pretty much the rulebook of this game]

Roles:

Ravens (Mafia):

Raven: Mafia good

Master Raven: Returned innocent if investigated, makes kill choice.

Kidnapper: Stop someone's night action.

Backstabber: Vote via PM

Thief: Steal 1/2 of someone's money

Active:

Spy: Find out if one person is innocent or guilty

Priest: Save someone's life

Vigilante: Kill someone

Passive:

Gallian: Cannot be killed by lynching

Paranoid: Kills anyone who tries to visit during the night

Soldier: Survives one night attack

Daein: Shows guilty when investigated/killed

Money:

Senator: Starts with more money

Merchant: Gains money more quickly

The plan is, all of these roles will be posted, but then I'll say (e.g) "There are two different active roles, three passive roles and one money role in the game", so basically people know what might be in the game but not exactly.

Money:

Money works in a very simple way. You start with a small amount between 0 and 150G (Citizens will start with randomly 50-150, people with roles randomly 0-100), in increments of 50 (so 0, 50, 100 or 150). Every day that you make at least one post (excluding anything stupid like 'money post'), you get 100G, except Ravens who get 50G. Then, you will have a fixed inventory of items you can buy from at night (which varies from person to person, chosen randomly except for special roles) - when you buy an item it can be stored, or used immediately (storing may be good if you think the thief is around). All items are effective for one night only.

Items:

Iron Sword (250G): Prevent anyone from affecting you tonight

Rescue Staff (300G): Protect one person of choice at night, including yourself, from any attacks/hinderances (e.g. Kidnapping)

Killing Edge (600G): Assassinate one person during the night

Warp Staff (400G): Swap your place with one other person: any actions done to you will be done to them and vice versa

Spy kit (300G): Allows you to watch one person and find out if they're innocent/guilty

Magnifying Glass (250G, Spy/Master Raven only): Discover one person's role and alignment, including Daeiner (Miller) and Master Raven (Godfather)

Rexaura (300G, Priest only): After saving a person, allows you to counterattack and kill the attacker

Laguz Stone (300G, Gallian only): Choose one person to terrorise at night, they are unable to do any actions that night

Interrogation Kit (250G, Vigilante only): Find out if a person is innocent or guilty. If Guilty, they're killed. This counts as one of your attacks regardless of if they're innocent/guilty

Beer (150G, Paranoid only): Slows down your reactions enough to not kill someone if they aren't trying to kill you.

Steel Lance (300G, Soldier only): Kill one person who attacks you at night. This does not protect you from harm.

Crimean Flag (200G, Daeiner only): If investigated tonight, you appear innocent

Lockpick (300G, Thief only): Steal all of someone's money

Bribe (450G, Backstabber only): Bribe the mayor, making your vote count twice. Can be used automatically during the day to save a Raven from death

Duct Tape (400G, Kidnapper only): The kidnapped person is unable to speak or vote during the following day phase.

As you can see, most items are specifically designed to augment special roles, while others basically grant one off uses of special roles.

Shopping Lists

Each player is assigned a shopping list for the game. This contains all the items that person can buy. There are six lists for citizens, chosen randomly (in a fixed ratio, although it's only a slight difference) for each citizen. Every special role has a premade list.

Citizen (common): Iron Sword, Rescue Staff, Spy Kit

Citizen (common): Iron Sword, Rescue Staff, Warp Staff

Citizen (semi-common): Iron Sword, Spy Kit, Warp Staff

Citizen (semi-common): Rescue Staff, Spy Kit, Warp Staff

Citizen (semi-common): Iron Sword, Rescue Staff, Killing Edge

Citizen (uncommon): Iron Sword, Spy Kit, Killing Edge

Citizen (uncommon): Iron Sword, Warp Staff, Killing Edge

Spy: Magnifying Glass, Iron Sword, Rescue Staff

Priest: Rexaura, Spy Kit, Warp Staff

Gallian: Laguz Stone, Iron Sword, Killing Edge

Vigilante: Interrogation Kit, Iron Sword, Spy Kit

Paranoid: Beer, Warp Staff, Spy Kit

Soldier: Steel Lance, Iron Sword, Killing Edge

Daeiner: Crimean Flag, Rescue Staff, Warp Staff

Thief: Lockpick

Backstabber: Bribe

Kidnapper: Duct Tape

Master Raven: Magnifying Glass

The Ravens list is combined, along with all their money, and items to be bought is decided by the most 'senior' member (in order, Master Raven > Kidnapper > Backstabber > Thief > Raven (if there are no more power roles, but 2 or more Ravens, items must be bought by group agreement).

Signups:

Ether

Hikarusa

Lux Aeterna

Balcerzac

King Russell

BK-201

General Spoon

Ninji

Cheezperson

Mordecai

WeaponsOfMassConstruction

Lightning

Furetchen

Core

Dracohon

Fayt Zelpher

Total so far: 16

Edited by I Eat Tables

Hmm, interesting you thought the Iron Sword was overpriced, I was actually thinking it was underpriced (Every innocent being able to protect themselves every other day, even 2/5 days, seems far too powerful to me)

Reinfleche :awesome:

I really like the idea of items. It lets people with a passive role who have a suspicion take matters into their own hands. However, I think you should also start with some gold or gain slightly more, since it'd be rather frustrating to save up for stuff.

Edited by Reinfleche

Actually, I was planning on having people start with some amount of gold - typically 50-150 for citizens, 0-100 for innocents with roles, and the mafia (who have a joint pot) 100G.

In fact, I'll just post the entire plan now, roles and all, since I wasn't planning on having much hidden information. I've made a few changes since making it, so if there's any contradictions, the bit in spoilers is probably wrong. It's added to the first post.

Bump up again, this is likely to start around the weekend. With current numbers, there'll be 4 Mafia (2 special roles, 2 goons), 4 Special Roles (2 Active roles, 1 Passive role and 1 Money role). Give or take. I'd rather a few more people join so I feel a bit less guilty about having 4 mafia, I want 17-18 really.

I'll have 2 roles :awesome:

That'd be interesting if somebody played as 2 people in the same game... as long as 1 of them wasn't mafia or a special role though, it could work, but... it'd be kinda weird...

This game will start tomorrow afternoon. That basically means you'll get an extended night phase until 9PM GMT, so, yeah. Signups are open until I close them, which will probably be once I get back from school tomorrow.