Villain?

whase

Lekain is lazy, he wouldn't take hours going by ship, he'd use his teleport staff. which is another problem, as soon as Lekain sees trouble, he's out of there. only with a goddess on his side he dares to fight~

I guess you've got a point with that. Gotta take him by surprise and no Volke around to grab him from the shadows.

Personally, I think he'd be too overconfident in the army to abandon if he hears you are invading, but unless you catch him by surprise when you reach his house I suspect you are right that he'd teleport out of there before you could get to him. Jack Bauer never had to deal with a teleport staff.

And that's an interesting theory. He'll only actually fight when the goddess is around otherwise he'd have run away. Like 4-3, actually. I guess he was afraid to feel her wrath if he ran away or something once in the tower.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ashnard is like the :kefka: of Fire Emblem. He tries to destroy the world just for the sake of destroying the world. Same like :kefka:. They're both dicks just so they can be dicks.

Edited by King Russell

Ashnard is like the :kefka: of Fire Emblem. He tries to destroy the world just for the sake of destroying the world. Same like :kefka:. They're both dicks just so they can be dicks.

And yet kefka was one of the most successful villains in the history of video games. Ashnard I guess was able to take over a Country, but Kefka took over the entire world. And he held it for a year. How long did Ashnard even hold Crimea?

But yeah, aside from success rate, he's probably the closest that FE has to Kefka.

And yet kefka was one of the most successful villains in the history of video games. Ashnard I guess was able to take over a Country, but Kefka took over the entire world. And he held it for a year. How long did Ashnard even hold Crimea? A year?

But yeah, aside from success rate, he's probably the closest that FE has to Kefka.

Kefka is awesome because of his personality. Everyone else in FF6 is decent (Locke is the only person who I really find interesting) but Kefka actually says hilarious shit time to time because he wants to.

Not really. Ashnard is more about creating a world where the strong survive... weakness disgusts him, and he wants to create a world with no weakness. I don't think he ever really believed that the dark god would destroy the world, just recreate it into Ashnard's paradise.

Ashnard amused me anyway, because he admitted that he was allowing the enemy army to win in order to drag out the war as long as possible. And his conversations with the laguz royals.

1000 days. 1001 x 1000 / 2 = 500500 dead in 1000 days. That's around 2.7 years. Also, pull a Jack Bauer on Lekain. You don't have to simply kill him when you find him. "WHERE DID YOU PUT THE PACT?!?! TELL ME WHERE OR I ...(some horrible atrocity to be committed on Lekain's family members)"

Torture is morally reprehensible and not something I want in my FE. Besides, I can't see goody two shoes Mickey and Ike torturing people. Maybe Tibarn...

I would have liked Kefka more if he actually did something in the second half of the game. He's supposed to be this godlike figure who blasts everything for kicks and all he does is sit in a tower the whole time jerking off for all we know.

Their was so much potential for this guy in the WoR. And none of it was used. He could have been like FF's version of the anti christ. Have his own fake religion (sure their's a cult but they just walk around a tower in circles all day) and demand sacrifices just for the lulz of it. But no.... he just sits in a tower doing god knows what.

Edited by Lancelot

Ashnuts was the best villain in FE, period.

I say this because he actually had a position. He felt that, were he to be defeated in combat as Ike did, he was obviously unfit to rule the world. Ashnuts wanted a world where only the strong thrived - and if he were to be defeated, he felt that he didn't belong in his own world, because he obviously wasn't the strongest. That level of commitment is something you never see from either hero or villain.

Kefka was great. He already ruled the world, what'd you want him to do? He already spent a year killing people for kicks, after all.

Edited by Integrity

Ashnuts was the best villain in FE, period.

I say this because he actually had a position. He felt that, were he to be defeated in combat as Ike did, he was obviously unfit to rule the world. Ashnuts wanted a world where only the strong thrived - and if he were to be defeated, he felt that he didn't belong in his own world, because he obviously wasn't the strongest. That level of commitment is something you never see from either hero or villain.

Kefka was great. He already ruled the world, what'd you want him to do? He already spent a year killing people for kicks, after all.

First off.... All fire emblem villains suck. On the subject of ashnard... social darwinism is so overplayed. He's a crazy guy on a dragon who believes the weak should die and the strong survive. End discussion. Also the black knight while a giant cliche was the true main antagonist so after beating him you were kinda like who gives a crap about ashnard?

Secondly, Kefka never ruled the world he just tore it apart and put it together as he saw fit. I, the player, don't care if he blasts random no name villagers.... he could AND should have made the battle personal for several main characters. He is basically a bored god. Why can't he have a little fun at Terra and the crew's expense? Why can't he, I don't know, ACT LIKE A BORED MALEVOLENT GOD TAKING HIS FRUSTRATIONS OUT ON MERE MORTALS JUST FOR THE FUN OF IT?! He could have been an active player in the majority of the characters you recruited stories. He doesn't have to kill anyone but a little torture here and their would have spiced up the plot and given the player a bit more incentive.

That would have been a hell of a lot better than sitting up in a tower jerking it off to Tifa for all we know.

Third, anyone who hasn't played ToS is indeed deprived.

Edited by Lancelot

Eh, I played ToS, it's a little bit overrated. The combat is fun, but I hate the plotlines in the Tales series.

Oh, and somewhat vaguely on topic, Ashnard wasn't really scary or sympathetic, he was just really, really cool. Same goes for Lekain - he has a cool mustache, so I like him. I quite liked Narshen and Oliver as well, since they were quite funny, same for Izuka. Ashera was cool too, with some pretty badass lines.

Worst villain was Medeus, by a wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide margin. All he does is sit in his castle and wait for you to arrive. I guess that technically, Gharnef was the villain, I guess he was a little bit better, but again, you never really see him do anything aside from run away in Khadein, then subdue a little girl, and then create lots of clones of himself. I mean, even Lyon (the whiny girl) did some cool stuff.

Edited by Anouleth

First off.... All fire emblem villains suck. On the subject of ashnard... social darwinism is so overplayed. He's a crazy guy on a dragon who believes the weak should die and the strong survive. End discussion. Also the black knight while a giant cliche was the true main antagonist so after beating him you were kinda like who gives a crap about ashnard?

Secondly, Kefka never ruled the world he just tore it apart and put it together as he saw fit. I, the player, don't care if he blasts random no name villagers.... he could AND should have made the battle personal for several main characters. He is basically a bored god. Why can't he have a little fun at Terra and the crew's expense? Why can't he, I don't know, ACT LIKE A BORED MALEVOLENT GOD TAKING HIS FRUSTRATIONS OUT ON MERE MORTALS JUST FOR THE FUN OF IT?! He could have been an active player in the majority of the characters you recruited stories. He doesn't have to kill anyone but a little torture here and their would have spiced up the plot and given the player a bit more incentive. But Kefka doesn't give two shits about the team until they come knocking on his home. That's what makes him awesome. He just doesn't give a shit and destroys the world for the sake of destroying it.

That would have been a hell of a lot better than sitting up in a tower jerking it off to Tifa for all we know. He probably was.

Third, anyone who hasn't played ToS is indeed deprived. Naw. Good game but overrated story. And this is coming from someone who has beaten it now less than 10 times.

Eh, I played ToS, it's a little bit overrated. The combat is fun, but I hate the plotlines in the Tales series.

Oh I agree on the subject of the story. Although despite my criticism I kinda feel it's at least better than abyss/vesperia in terms of story since they don't talk about fonons or blastia hour after hour. Instead they talk about the chosen and all that nonsense but I just felt they didn't get into the fake science crap anywhere near as much as the two games after it did. Symphonia just never really took itself that seriously.

Despite the stories flaws I felt the game itself was immensely fun. It had the best level design of the tales series (which isn't saying much) and I just felt it's battle/equipment system was the easiest to immediately dive into.

Lyon is a sob story. Beldo would fit your reasons more since he was just some Dark Bishop serving the mastermind behind the chaos that occurred in Jugdral.

I do agree with the Tales of Phantasia comment. From one perspective, Humans were the monsters in that game.

I should've specified, I was talking solely of the Demon King. Of course, saying that now, I suppose this includes FE7 (And a vast majority of other games as well) as well seeing as the Dragon was the final dude as well.

As for the ToS stuff going on... Meh... It was a good game, but compared to the rest of the series it's mediocre IMO. The redeeming feature it has is Multiplayer, which other (better) games had later, like Abyss/Vesperia.

It isn't the social Darwinism that makes Ashnuts cool. Ashnuts was cool because he felt his own system applied to him.. It wasn't that he had awesome ideas or nothing, it was that he accepted that should he be defeated, he too was weak.

EDIT: Additionally, Levail is the best villain in the series. I felt so bad for that guy and then ORKO'd him with Meteor. :(

Edited by Integrity

after reading everything in this topic about ashnard, this changed my opinion about him.

survival of the fittest is the reason why species have been able to develop and survive.

at the moment human kind is not or barely developing due to the fact that we have no natural enemies,

meaning that with only a slight change of climate, human kind could get extincted.

good plan there, Ashnard smiley_happy_thumbup.gif

I'm not seeing what's so great about Ashnard. Sure, he's a badass riding a dragon, but thinking his own rules apply to him doesn't suddenly make his incredibly generic goal any better. If it does, then Zephiel wanting to give the world back to dragons should be seen in the same light.

(also ToS has the worst plot ever written in a video game, no joke)

The only villains which I've been able to agree with (more than 50%) are the 6 God Generals and Van in TotA. Just the "We don't need the Score" part, not the "replicate the whole world" part.

As for FE, though, I do agree with Zephiel that we don't deserve to rule.

Oh, Merlina (or whatever her name was) from Sonic and the Black Knight. Seriously, Sonic's liek "Why would I want a world where everyone's always happy and never dies or gets hurt when we could have this world that's about to fall apart where everyone's unhappy a lot and dies and gets hurt a lot?" Now, I don't remember it very well (I don't think I've ever seen everything that explains that) so maybe there's something that I'm missing, but from what I know, I 100% agree with her over Sonic. Although that whole game was, well, weird, so...

Villains?

Well, of the FE games I've played so far (well, the ones released in the US), the worst (best?) villains were the ones from Radiant Dawn and Blazing Sword:

Izuka:

pretty much the Josef Mengele of Tellius

Lekain:

I hated this guy so much, I restarted 4-E-1 about 7 times just to kill him over and over.

Sonia:

Oh, how I HATE her...let's count the ways in which she is a complete bitch:

1. Manipulating a band of Robin Hood-esque mercenaries to the evil side

2. Abusing her adopted daughter all the while making false promises of love and affection to her

3. Killing leader of said band after laughing at him for believing that she really loved him

4. Trying to get one of her subordinates to kill her adopted daughter after another empty promise of love and affection

5. Revealing that she murdered her adopted daughter's entire family, right before her final attempt to kill her

Lundgren:

DIALOGUE

Lundgren: I'm poisoning my brother for the lulz and for the throne but mostly for the lulz

Mook: Well if you want him dead so much why not use more poison

Lundgren: No fuck you I'm using the same dosage for the lulz

Desmond:

orders an assassination attempt on his own (legitimate) son, out of spite.

small wonder Zephiel's the way he is in The Binding Blade.

Ephidel:

man I wish I could've killed him, instead of the plot doing it

Edited by Ankoku1990

I'm not seeing what's so great about Ashnard. Sure, he's a badass riding a dragon, but thinking his own rules apply to him doesn't suddenly make his incredibly generic goal any better. If it does, then Zephiel wanting to give the world back to dragons should be seen in the same light.

(also ToS has the worst plot ever written in a video game, no joke)

I agree with this post, 97%. There are worse plots than ToS IMO.

Hey, FE9 isn't just Ike going against King Ashnard to keep him from taking over. In fact, Ashnard isn't trying to take over the continent, he's trying to destroy it. Ike is also trying to figure out pretty much everything he knows in FE10 about Lehran's Medallion and his parents and such. Really an awesome game, though I do like FE10 better.

I did agree with Ashnard on one thing though. When he asked Bryce if he would still protect him after finding out that Ashnard killed his own entire family, he implied that it would definitely be hard to support an ally if he/she did something so terrible. That is a good point right there.

• 3 weeks later...

While not a true villain i found myself agreeing with Dheginsea.

agreed, Dheginsea had a very good point. that Goldoa wouldn't move was a good choice, only the siding with Ashera in the end had some flaws in judgment.

I see Deghinsea deciding to sit back and watch everything, despite the fact that war was still going on (The whole reason he took everyone into seclusion was to prevent war) as a very dumb move. If he had gone in and helped, bringing all of his drgaons, no more war!