Gatrie Vs. Oswin

Gatrie Vs. Oswin  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who is better

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, in Blazing Sword, there isn't any advantage to capping a stat. All it does is cut off your growth. In RD it helps for BEXP, so capping is a LOT better there.

In RD, even terrible units like astrid and makalov cap 3 or 4 stats. Shnon/Rolf/Ike/Gatrie cap almost all of their stats. My Laura capped every single stat. But, I digress, many characters in RD, such as Gatrie, don't even need BEXP abuse. In Blazing Sword, many characters need stat boosters to cap even a single stat *cough*Priscilla*cough*.

In RD, even terrible units like astrid and makalov cap 3 or 4 stats. Shnon/Rolf/Ike/Gatrie cap almost all of their stats. My Laura capped every single stat. But, I digress, many characters in RD, such as Gatrie, don't even need BEXP abuse. In Blazing Sword, many characters need stat boosters to cap even a single stat *cough*Priscilla*cough*.

So? Priscilla doesn't cap stats. Doesn't mean that she isn't incredibly useful.

Look at the enemies that Gatrie faces and look at the ones that Oswin faces. Oswin doesn't need capped stats to rip through shit.

I don't really want a unit doesn't cap a stat until, like, 20/20(/20) because otherwise it just prevents them from improving. All that Priscilla not capping stats means is that she has the potential to be even better. Someone who usually caps everything can't really be blessed at that point.

I don't really want a unit doesn't cap a stat until, like, 20/20(/20) because otherwise it just prevents them from improving. All that Priscilla not capping stats means is that she has the potential to be even better. Someone who usually caps everything can't really be blessed at that point.

Depending on whether or not someone has good stat caps.

Osw1n. Gatrie is doodoo!

Eh? Have you played RD? I can understand you voting for Oswin and maybe Gatrie is less-than-amazing in PoR but calling RD Gatrie essentially crap is beyond ridiculous.

Osw1n. Gatrie is doodoo!

What yo talkin bout foo'? Gatrie wrecks yo feces and all that shiz man.Oswin don't got nothin on dat.

...Anyway.While it's pretty close for me,I'm voting FE10 Gatrie.

Eh? Have you played RD? I can understand you voting for Oswin and maybe Gatrie is less-than-amazing in PoR but calling RD Gatrie essentially crap is beyond ridiculous.

Yeah, and Gatrie is really good in that game, but being a god amongst two dozen other gods isn't a big deal. Osw1n has like...the best durability in his game by far and awesome stats overall.

Yeah, and Gatrie is really good in that game, but being a god amongst two dozen other gods isn't a big deal. Osw1n has like...the best durability in his game by far and awesome stats overall.

And being one of the strongest among gods makes him doodoo? Besides, there aren't nearly as many gods in RD once you stop playing the easy modes. And aside from Ike all the other "gods" need something to make them so godly. Be it Gatrie's crown or Haar and Titania's speedwings or Mia and the Ike support + Adept or Volug and a bunch of attacks when lots of casual players don't want to use him because of his 1 exp and think it is better to not use him until later (gimping his strike growth and thus making him worse later on). Ike's like the only guy that doesn't need you to do something above and beyond to make him great and even he still needs careful bexp management if you want him to rock (note: not reseting, just managing his cexp gains and giving him bexp at the right times).

Whatever you may decide about who helps the most, being one of the best in RD is most certainly not "doodoo". Even though it kinda seemed like a joke, you have to expect to be told how wrong you are when you say that.

It's like the bizarre way that people say that Seth isn't the best character in FE because his game is easy, conveniently forgetting that Seth is the reason that Sacred Stones is really easy. And that 'easy' doesn't really apply, since you can always make any Fire Emblem more difficult by trying to go faster, which you should be doing anyway.

It's like the bizarre way that people say that Seth isn't the best character in FE because his game is easy, conveniently forgetting that Seth is the reason that Sacred Stones is really easy. And that 'easy' doesn't really apply, since you can always make any Fire Emblem more difficult by trying to go faster, which you should be doing anyway.

Gatrie not existing in RD wouldn't drastically change everything, lol. Seth not existing in FE 8 is another story.

Also, I was clearly joking when I called Gatrie "doodoo". Ya'll suck at being fun. For serious. :facepalm:

Gatrie not existing in RD wouldn't drastically change everything, lol. Seth not existing in FE 8 is another story.

Err, Seth not existing in FE8 wouldn't change much. It's still piss-easy if you're not playing the hard-mode hack. I've done playthroughs of FE8 Hard(No hacks) without using Seth at ALL. Still had no problems.

No one said Gatrie > Seth. And Seth not existing wouldn't change too much, either, since, although he's part of what makes FE8 so easy, it's still pretty easy without him after the first couple maps.

Also, I was clearly joking when I called Gatrie "doodoo". Ya'll suck at being fun. For serious. :facepalm:

Sorry if I don't find calling good characters crappy to be fun. Also, I may not be the best at detecting sarcasm on the internet, but I'm not sure you made it obvious enough, especially since you make serious posts that sound like that often enough.

That's why I voted for Oswin, but Gatrie is still outstanding. This may be off topic, but isn't Seth a Jeigan? People say that Seth and RD Titania actually turn out decent, but they have always been inferior during my playthroughs.

This may be off topic, but isn't Seth a Jeigan? People say that Seth and RD Titania actually turn out decent, but they have always been inferior during my playthroughs.

Seth and PoR Titania start out broken and even much later, they're still not bad. RD Titania isn't godly anymore, but she still rocks.

Honestly, in stats I would chose Gatrie of RD, let's face it, the RD bonus of the third tier is quite amazing in this game.

On the other hand, Oswin has a secret weapon that can be still pulled (if they ever crossed paths and dueled): the Spear of Vaida, which can be acquired with the mine glitch gives him an amazing extra bonus in all senses!

I can't decide who's best, really.

I know that they both are insane and Gatrie receives better stat caps in RD, but the HP cap is the same. Aside from that, who is better?

Caps are overrated in some cases, this may be one of them, unless you're a stat junkie.

Oswin is more helpful in his place than Gatrie in either, sure, Gatrie is an exellent tank, but he's actually getting damaged by some mages you will encounter (more than FE7), his start is similiar to Oswin's earlygame. But Oswin can actually double reliably upon promotion, not every enemy, but he'll get the chance of doing so with little AS gain.

Caps are overrated in some cases, this may be one of them, unless you're a stat junkie.

Oswin is more helpful in his place than Gatrie in either, sure, Gatrie is an exellent tank, but he's actually getting damaged by some mages you will encounter (more than FE7), his start is similiar to Oswin's earlygame. But Oswin can actually double reliably upon promotion, not every enemy, but he'll get the chance of doing so with little AS gain.

Oswin with capped speed and a rex hasta won't be doubled by a swordmaster with capped speed and the regal blade. Oswin does have much better resistance. Hitting a cap just symbolizes a character that is especially good in a certain area. As I said earlier, that depends on a class's stat caps. Take Rave, for example, he has insane base speed and speed growth, but caps at a mere 26 spd.

Oswin with capped speed and a rex hasta won't be doubled by a swordmaster with capped speed and the regal blade.

What?

Oswin does have much better resistance. Hitting a cap just symbolizes a character that is especially good in a certain area.

Caps and stats don't have much significance alone, it depends on the enemies around you, Gatrie is facing stronger enemies, and even though his Res is actually better, there are more mages. And I think if we pit 'em up in a fight they would have to have the same caps, it wouldn't be fair seeing as FE10 has third tier options as well as many characters with superior growths, Gatrie doubles Oswin Spd growth and has an insane Spd base.

If you want to judge [Character] vs [Character] it is best to do so by their performance, not by who would win if they fought each other. I thought you wre saying who's better in their proper settings.

Oswin with capped speed and a rex hasta won't be doubled by a swordmaster with capped speed and the regal blade.

What?

Sorry, just a random fact.

Caps and stats don't have much significance alone, it depends on the enemies around you, Gatrie is facing stronger enemies, and even though his Res is actually better, there are more mages. And I think if we pit 'em up in a fight they would have to have the same caps, it wouldn't be fair seeing as FE10 has third tier options as well as many characters with superior growths, Gatrie doubles Oswin Spd growth and has an insane Spd base.

If you want to judge [Character] vs [Character] it is best to do so by their performance, not by who would win if they fought each other. I thought you wre saying who's better in their proper settings.

I was asking who's better in their proper settings, it was other people who twisted it to seem like they were fighting. Did they get that impression from the topic name?

Edited by FireEmblemReignsSupreme

Most actually would get that impression, because it is more likely to compare their perfomance and not who would win in an improbably match.