Clash of the Titans

Phoenix

This is my review of the movie.

Perseus: I'm glad they picked Worthington for the role. He did a great job as a father hating proud revengaholic :lol:

Lo: Gemma Arterton is gorgeous. I thought she was a better love interest than the princess, and very helpful. Nough said :wub:

Zeus: Hahahah! I like how the Gods in this movie are almost unlikable and seemingly neutral given the pain they cause humanity. Zeus reminds me of Nixon for some reason. Also, Zeus screwed a man's wife to make an example? What? Perverted much? :huh:

Hades: He's better than the Hates from the animated Hercules movie, but he's about three times as stupid :lol:

Kraken: The kraken was a bit overplayed in my opinion. Sure it was big, but for a creature of that size it caused very little collateral damage in the time it had. Also it was very slow and easy to get near without the fear of being swatted down. Not very scary overall. Not as scary as playing hide and seek with Medusa :o

The Witches:AHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!! :lol:

Medusa: She turned out to be the key to the entire story which I wasn't expecting because I never read the story and never saw the 1981 film. Her face is actually cute if you can ignore the snake hair. She has a bow and get's really pissed when she misses lol. I think she was a proud marksman. She's also a sadistic bitch who likes to laugh and sneak around. Typical.

Special Effects: Not enough of them.

The Pegasus: I play Fire Emblem... so a man riding a pegasus is a bit taboo/feminine/funnylookin to me. The black color doesn't help much. If a man's driving a Prius, he's driving a Prius. It doesn't matter if it's painted black. Get your ass on a wyvern, Perseus! :lol:

Edited by Phoenix

• 5 weeks later...
Zeus: Hahahah! I like how the Gods in this movie are almost unlikable and seemingly neutral given the pain they cause humanity. Zeus reminds me of Nixon for some reason. Also, Zeus screwed a man's wife to make an example? What? Perverted much? :huh:

Well he is kind of a god. Can't mean much more to them than worshipers do when playing Black and White. >__>

Hades: He's better than the Hates from the animated Hercules movie, but he's about three times as stupid :lol:

YOU TAKE THAT BACK RIGHT THE FUCK NOW

Edited by Esau of Isaac

I meant better as in more antagonistic.

Besides, you just like the animated Hades because he's funny. I do too, but I can't let comedy be a deciding factor when this movie has little of it.

Lame movie. Sam just can't fake that damn accent.

Also characters get nearly no development whatsoever, and the Kraken 5 minutes? Fuuuckit

Also, can you believe they only had the mechanical owl in the new one for like 2 seconds!!?? What the heck!?

you lie!

TT_TT i'll never see this movie, then!

you lie!

TT_TT i'll never see this movie, then!

I got so happy when I saw his golden feathers. Then, almost as fast as he appeared, he was gone! I nearly cried. Also, I hope I didn't spoil it for you. I maybe should have marked that as a spoiler...oh well.

honestly the person they chose for the role of perseus was poor( in fact the entire movie was poor). Usually in mythology perseus has long hair (or at last curly hair) where he has none at all. Also, the movie strays from the actual mythology by a great deal( oh and did you see that ridiculous sword that perseus had? honestly, it didn't even have arm guards).

Also, it's unicorns that only females can touch, not pegasi.

Also, the movie strays from the actual mythology by a great deal.

Why care about the Mythology, when you can give SHINY ARMORs to the gods?

But in all siriusness, American movies usually suck when it comes to things like theese.

One part in particular that made me sick is when those two hunters(that weren't even in the original story) commented that they knew the correct jugular to cut on the hydra. Honestly, you don't slit any one jugular, you chop of the heads and burn the stumps!

Edited by Sophius

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, this movie deserves to be raped stone cold on the temple floor. lets talk about rainbows and sarcastic gremlins tempting giants to eat cake. THE CTDC STRIKES.

Another upseting portion of the movie( and all media presentations of mythology) is how Hades is always depicted as a satanic being atempting to take over the world( they are trying to say hes' the devil). When, in actualality, Hades isn't evil in the least, hes' just frustrated, angry, and bitter.

Edited by Sophius

Another upseting portion of the movie( and all media presentations of mythology) is how Hades is always depicted as a satanic being atempting to take over the world( they are trying to say hes' the devil). When, in actualality, Hades isn't evil in the least, hes' just frustrated, angry, and bitter.

TBH it was always like that. I blame Disney and that Hercules movie.

For reference.

TBH it was always like that. I blame Disney and that Hercules movie.

For reference.

The only problems with the arguments in that link are that 1. Hercules is a DISNEY KID'S movie. Can you really blame them for taking out incest and adultery? 2. It is a movie, and from a business/marketability standpoint movies kind of need a good and bad, right and wrong, heroic and evil feel. At least for kid's movies.

Other than that I completely agree. Greek mythology is great and it is sad when it is butchered.

Honestly though, I didnt really like this movie. It completely screwed with the perseus story. I liked percy jackson and the olympians better.

Another discrepancy in the movie is the inclusion of Djinn, which play no part in greek mythology.(They're Arabian)

I'd even bet that they would call the gods Jupiter, Neptune, Pluto ect. if the greek names weren't the most commonly used.

I think they went for more of a 'all myths are real is this world and all mosnters from every region and religion are going to attack you.' type thing