Hammerne

Is it possible to use a Hammerne staff to restore uses on another Hammerne staff?

I'm asking because I've just beaten Lagdou Ruins for the third time and unlocked Lyon. Seeing as he comes with another Hammerne staff and my current one is down to one last use...

Yeah, I've heard that you unfortunately can't repain another Hammerne staff with a Hammerne staff. Probably because it would be an unlimited exp. pool for staff users: repair one hammerne, then use the other to repair that...

But by that point, you've cleared the game and the hardest post game challenge THREE times. It's just an unfair restriction, by that point I should be able to do what I want, right?

• 3 weeks later...

And S-Ranking Staves are EXTREMELY pointless. Besides, you have StacheMoulder/Artur/Lute/Natasha/Ewan/Saleh/Riev/Lyon/Knoll as your only staff users anyway. Thats 9 people.

Mainly, because of this:

Sieglinde gets to 1 use

Hammerne A is used, Hammerne A goes to 1 use

Hammerne B is used on Hammerne A, Hammerne A has 3 uses, Hammerne B has 2 uses

Siegmund gets to 1 use

Hammerne B is used, Hammerne B goes to 1 use

Hammerne A is used on Hammerne B, Hammerne B has 3 uses, Hammerne A has 2 uses

Rinse and repeat.

Mainly, because of this:

Sieglinde gets to 1 use

Hammerne A is used, Hammerne A goes to 1 use

Hammerne B is used on Hammerne A, Hammerne A has 3 uses, Hammerne B has 2 uses

Siegmund gets to 1 use

Hammerne B is used, Hammerne B goes to 1 use

Hammerne A is used on Hammerne B, Hammerne B has 3 uses, Hammerne A has 2 uses

Rinse and repeat.

Dun need. Just repair 1 weapon then constantly mutual repair.

For example, consider this scenario:

Lute is down to her last Bolting shot. Selena comes in and repairs Lute's Bolting with her Hammerne. Lute then uses her Hammerne to repair Selena's Hammerne.

Next turn, Selena uses her Hammerne to fix Lute's. Lute then uses hers to fix Selena's.

Basically do the last step for a long long time.(and its any stf character)

Dun need. Just repair 1 weapon then constantly mutual repair.

For example, consider this scenario:

Lute is down to her last Bolting shot. Selena comes in and repairs Lute's Bolting with her Hammerne. Lute then uses her Hammerne to repair Selena's Hammerne.

Next turn, Selena uses her Hammerne to fix Lute's. Lute then uses hers to fix Selena's.

Basically do the last step for a long long time.(and its any stf character)

Um, and how does that even help you with your weapons? Or are you just using this to staff abuse to get high levels? Not everyone is willing to have turncounts in the thousands. The point of JB25's post was to show that you could use sieglinde and siegmund as if they were unbreakable weapons and you'd never run out. And you could do it for other super-weapons, too.

Er, Narga, turncounts wouldn't even matter. You can't get two Hammernes until the Creature Campaign, after all.

Yes, they are locked to eachother. (Just Checked.)

I noticed that Hammerne's don't do anything to items with -- uses. If a weapon has 30/20 uses, the Ham will return it to 20/20, but it does not do such with a --/(Any number) uses.

Er, Narga, turncounts wouldn't even matter. You can't get two Hammernes until the Creature Campaign, after all.

Aren't most units going to be 20/20 then, anyway? I'm just saying, there is little point in merely staff abusing with them rather than making infinite use weapons. And yeah, I did read in this topic you had to go through it multiple times just to get it, but it's a similar principle. some people don't like just spamming end turn while having two units use staves on each other. A more appealing use (for many people) would be the ability to have unbreakable sacred twins and other s rank weapons (and probably braves).

Yes, they are locked to eachother. (Just Checked.)

I noticed that Hammerne's don't do anything to items with -- uses. If a weapon has 30/20 uses, the Ham will return it to 20/20, but it does not do such with a --/(Any number) uses.

Just a thought: This means it doesn't do anything to Naglfar/*insert monster weapon name here not called Nightmare/Stone/Shadowshot*, right? Maybe its because the -- tag means that it has infinite uses. Or that Naglfar/*insert monster weapon name here not called Nightmare/Stone/Shadowshot* actually do has set uses, but the -- there means that its infinite uses, thus, its more like the weapon usage is not reduced.

Full use weapons can't be Hammerne'd.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a thought: This means it doesn't do anything to Naglfar/*insert monster weapon name here not called Nightmare/Stone/Shadowshot*, right? Maybe its because the -- tag means that it has infinite uses. Or that Naglfar/*insert monster weapon name here not called Nightmare/Stone/Shadowshot* actually do has set uses, but the -- there means that its infinite uses, thus, its more like the weapon usage is not reduced.

Full use weapons can't be Hammerne'd.

No, I meant when its something like --/20. Not --/--. If it is above full weapon uses; say, 254, it will revert to 20, but if it is at 255 (which is --, in case you didn't know) it will stay at 255/20. If you use an item that has --/20 uses, it will still go down.

Edited by Bryan

• 2 weeks later...