Shiny Pokemon v. 2

Anacybele

Since my old thread on this topic is like really old and dead, here's a new one. :3

Cause I caught a shiny yesterday in Emerald! My shiny Aron is the best shiny I've ever gotten so far, cause Aggron is one of my favorite 3rd gen Pokemon. I'm keeping this little guy on my team for sure. Shiny Aggron, here I come!

I also have a shiny Raticate in FireRed that was the shiny Rattata I mentioned in the old thread. Maybe next I'll meet a shiny or two in Pearl and Platinum. XD

Who else has shiny Pokemon or have had the pleasure of seeing them?

In Gold or Crystal, I managed to grab a shiny Girafarig at the Lake of Rage and a shiny Kakuna in the bug-catching contest. Haven't seen any in the later games (besides the trainer ones in one of the battle towers).

Sorry but...

Cystal: Red Gyrados (Duh)

Ruby: Zigagoon-Linoone (Event)

Taillow-Swellow (Random Occurance)

Tentacool (I caught it but then in about 10 min my cousin erased it... but she counted)

Golbat-Crobat (Trade, but I had 2 pink crobats)

Sapphire: Rayquaza (Random occurance, i didn't know until later he was green...)

Emerald: Treeko-Grovyle-Sceptile (Egg)

Poochyena (First pokemon I ran into that I could catch, thank goodness!)

Colluseum: Crocanaw-Feralagatr (Snagged from the blue guy in the snagem hideout, didn't figure out it was shiny until he evolved)

X D: Sandshrew-Sandslash (Pokespot, looked funny when i saw her then i saw it was shiny and i flipped)

Firered: Ninorina F, Poliwag-Poliwhirl-Politoad (Random occurance)

Pearl: Cressila (Thought I had my action replay in, didn't pay it mind, then noticed it was at my friend's house)

I think thats all, but i always wanted a shiny oddish, love those guys.

Can anyone top my list? I'd love to think so. I had 14 without cheats.

Edited by Uphir

I encountered a shiny Gyarados (obviously), Trapinch, Geodude, and Doduo. Of those, I only captured the Gyarados and I think I captured the Doduo too. That was before I knew how valuable they were.

Wait, where is this red gyrados that everyone has caught?

Gold, Silver, Crystal, Heart Gold, Soul Silver. Lake of Rage.

Red Metapod in one of my many gold saves. Also just remembered that I had gotten a Shiny Mudkip but the batteries died before I could save. That was pretty sadistic of the game.

Edited by Speedwagon

I never caught any, then again, i stopped catching pokemon as much when i learned people would hack them instead. I gave up and went the easy way, now give me hell.

-Red Gyarados about 10 times. I restarted because I felt like it every once in a while for Crystal, so yeah.

-Shiny Pichu that hatched from an egg in Crystal. I thought it was always shiny at first but when I found out it wasn't I was psyched, Pichu happens to be my favorite Pokemon :awesome:

-Shiny Hariyama in my Ruby version. Weirdly enough, I was looking for one since I lacked a fighting type for E4 and couldn't be bothered to raise a Machop.

Apart from the red Gyarados, I might have seen an alternate coloured Caterpie on my old Gold game many years ago. I remember seeing a yellowish one and thinking my Gameboy was broken, because I didn't know that there were other shinies other than that red Gyarados. Since then I haven't seen any, but that might be because I try to avoid wild encounters at all costs.

Yesterday (or so) I found my first non-Gyarados shiny.

Platinum, Geodude. Managed to catch him because he didn't know selfdestruct yet (level 17).

Edited by TheEnd

• 2 weeks later...

My Shinies' list :

Add to this the following 4th Gen Shinies I got :

* On Diamond, 2 Bidoofs, both caught in a chance encounter, one Modest (with good IVs : 6 / 20 / 25 / 23 / 23 / 25) and one Hardy.

* On Diamond, the Event French Shiny Pichu (not taken out of the Poké Mart yet)

* On Japanese Platinum, the Event Shokotan Shiny Pichu (The only Poké along with Movie Arceus I had to PAY for : 1300 yen to get the reservation for this Poké along with the ticket for the Arceus Movie when I was in Japan last year). Its IVs (got it without use of the RNG) : 24 / 25 / 30 / 21 / 27 / 31.