What you have to say about this game

There's only one thing I'd like to say about this game: I hope that this is the last time IS decide to make the Lord of a FE game a magic user.

Assuming we are playing on Hard Mode: What about Meg, Fiona, Lyre, Astrid, Muarim, Tormod and Vika?

As for Meg, Fiona, Astrid Tormod and Vika: Check, check, check, check and check.

I'm just not sure how many on that list I've ever used at once. I do remember using Meg and Fiona at once. I also remember having Tormod and Vika supporting at the Tower of Guidance. Vika was a lot of help with damaging the Aura thanks to her great speed.

I've only used Lyre in NM so far and she kicked arse! Even though I never gave her Rend.

Muarim just never appealed to me... I've only used him twice in all of my PoR runs to date and not once used him in RD. I just never felt like it.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's only one thing I'd like to say about this game: I hope that this is the last time IS decide to make the Lord of a FE game a magic user.

Really? I wish they'd do it more. It would be fun. Actually, give me a sword + magic + staff Lord. That'd be cool. I don't need overpowering stats, just pretty good stats in both and decent speed. Rather than double nothing or double everything, something in between. Of course, in a game like RD there isn't much "in between". Enemies aren't weighed down so things don't randomly lose 3 speed because of wielding a steel axe while being a bandit. Or lose 4 for a fighter or 5 for a pirate. Thus allowing slower characters to double something while rewarding faster characters with being able to double the ones using iron or something.

In RD, there is just, what's the enemy type? OK, I can probably tell you within 1 point what its attack speed will be if you tell me what chapter you want to know about.

Because planning and actually pulling off a warp-skip run isn't ambitious at all. :rolleyes:

Fine, let's look at it this way.

Step 1: Obtain a slayer weapon

Step 2: Forge it

Game won, due to overabundance of enemies weak to slayer effect.

Screw warp, the forge alone can break the game pretty bad. Is using a basic option of the game ambitious?

I think FEDS is a bad example, though FEDS did try on many aspects to change it up. Succeeded in that sense, but...It had other problems is all.

Edited by Master Tang

What do i say about RD?

Story:

I thought it good enough but a bit rushed in some places. We had massive build up to the point where youre sitting on pins and needles by the time 3-E comes along. After that, things get a bit rushed. All the reveal about Micaiah was really badly done in my opinion. Also Ranulf being a jerk and spoiling you hard about the BK. I was not happy about that. All in all, i did enjoy switching character scenarios. If you play for the really good ending, its even better. Too bad it doesnt involve Micaiah enough. After all, she was the first one established as the core of the story, not so much Ike. Oh well.

Gameplay: I liked this aspect since it was basically the same as PoR. It would have been perfect if the support system was the same. I see why they made the support system the way they did but i still didnt like it.

Characters: Since most of the cast is returning from the previous game, it was cool to see them all again. (Soren! :awesome: ) The new additions should have had a bit more backstory (Im looking at you Dawn Brigade!) but they were cool. The new laguz additions like Lyre and Kyza werent incorporated well. I would have liked to see another hawk too.

I'll reply in brief to some of the issues people have brought up:

Balance: For me, the game on normal mode is quite difficult. (On Easy mode, you can just bulldoze through levels after Part 1.) This has a lot to do with the fact that I have an idiosyncratic playstyle where I will train units just because I like them, and ignore good units which I think are dopey. For instance, I think pegasi are cool, so I train Sigrun, even though she's not very good and pegasi got nerfed in this game anyway. Aside: my favorite character ever is probably Isadora from FE7, because there's something romantic, in the midieval sense of the word, about a noblewoman riding into battle. And her support conversations with Harken are so romantic (in the gushy 16-year-old girl sense of the word) that it makes me ignore the fact that she's useless without a body ring and angelic robe at minimum.

Helmets: Nobody wears a helmet because we want to see their faces. Same principle as the chainmail bikini. No, it doesn't make sense.

Music: I've played FE7 thru 10, and I don't know if any FE had good music. Sorry. But this one was the best.

Gameplay: All the blades and poleaxes and greatspears add versatility, but I get so caught up buying that stuff that I forget to forge things. Sure it's redundant, but my default position is that more options = good. The way they did supports was dumb though; I liked the detailed conversations. Also, there are chapters which don't push forward the storyline, but playing FE for the story is like reading Playboy for the articles.

Story: All FE games seem to have lots of reading. I always get to a point where I just want to press start and bypass it all. I think it was around Ch 18 of PoR where I had the first feeling of "Whoa, this is actually a pretty good story." One thing I didn't like, and this is based on my deep personal beliefs, was the whole metaphysics where they reveal that good and evil don't really exist as universal absolutes. But that's a can of worms we can open elsewhere.

Ike: By RPG standards, he's not very well developed, but he's got more personality than Mario or Samus or Link. You want character development? Read a book or watch a movie (or USA).

Elincia: I was surprised when Elincia ended up with a different blue-haired guy with no personality. I suppose it establishes Ike as a "citizen of the world" rather than being loyal to Crimea, as well as emphasizing the overall message of subverting authority and being loyal to your loved ones. Still, the Hero should get the girl in the end.

Bottom Line: I liked this game. Because of the enormous variety, it's my favorite FE. I have minor complaints about the support system and how the weapon triangle can be pretty much ignored, but this is definitely the best IMO.

I think FE10 has the best mugshots and art.

I agree with Adam, it's pretty hard indeed, not that I don't like it, but there are many enemies relying on just about every stat and may sometimes even be comparable (or better) to your characters.

The most noticable nerfs, as we all noticed, are Magic users and Paladins. There's also the fact that FE10 faps to unnecesary growths, like mages, many have ridiculously high Mag/Res growths even though they could cap said stas with lower growths. Their Spd caps won't get them to double just about anything, and it isn't helping them when they're facing enemies with actually reliable Res and HP.

The gameplay is the most ideal and it should be used as a model for future FEs, although the lack of support conversations is pretty bad, then there's the fact that everyone supporting everyone is effeciently great, but just doesn't seem right.

I didn't like how the lords and most forced characters got the spotlight while those sorrounding them were just backrounds, then there's the fact some of those forced characters were generic.

In some respects it's realistic that not everyone gets a spotlight. Not every person is a unique snowflake, and not to mention it IS an army. If each and every one of the seventy-two characters had a spotlight on them, the story would have suffered even more IMO (Which says a lot I think).

However, I would have liked that. The story wasn't grand anyway...

Ike: By RPG standards, he's not very well developed, but he's got more personality than Mario or Samus or Link. You want character development? Read a book or watch a movie (or USA).

IMO I think it's interesting how somebody can go from being a fresh recruit that barely made it to a no-name mercenary company to being this guy who slays a goddess in the span of 3 years.

The most noticable nerfs, as we all noticed, are Magic users and Paladins. There's also the fact that FE10 faps to unnecesary growths, like mages, many have ridiculously high Mag/Res growths even though they could cap said stas with lower growths. Their Spd caps won't get them to double just about anything, and it isn't helping them when they're facing enemies with actually reliable Res and HP.

Well, if anything the magic users have some decent earlygame utility. Also don't forget poor availability.

And Paladins... lol25%strgrowth with Oscar.

Edited by Joey

And Paladins... lol25%strgrowth with Oscar.

It's 35% actually.

Anyway long story short : the game brought a lot of innovation, but not a lot of them were implemented well. I can see FE going in that direction and some day it will be better.

Then again I would rather have something closer to Tear Ring Saga, just harder like FE 5 was.

Fun Fact: Oscar and Geoffrey lose in DEF growth to MIA.

Oscar also loses to Mia in almost everything.

What the FUCK?

EDIT: Oscar also loses in strength growth to SNACKY SANAKI.

These numbers are making me happy to look at.

Edited by Integrity

I love this game! just needs support convos, balanced class caps and character stats and growths. everything else is great. or and more availability is needed for most characters. the 3 different teams would be even more awesome if each team had a good amount of time to level up

and earth affinity needs to be toned down. also balance the other affinities more

Edited by Killer Poleax

I hate the support conversations, the new characters are quite useless or have no availability.

poor mages, especially thunder

but the game is long and challenging which is fun I think i would give it an 8/10