Skills Tier List!

Meaning what? The masteries that aren't Sol/Aether are pretty much equally useless.

Actually Luna is a decent mastery.

And I think Canto should be on top of the list just because granting people a second turn makes a huge impact in this game along with the fact that the user of it is a flier himself. And once Reyson is transformed it gets even better when you can Canto up to four units.

Edited by Joey

I beg to differ. Luna isn't giving you that much extra damage unless you're facing a general, wyvern, or dragon, and none of those are exactly what I'd call common. And considering that most Luna users kill most enemies in two hits, if they're doubling, then Luna's irrelevant.

Edited by Richter Lanford

I beg to differ. Luna isn't giving you that much extra damage unless you're facing a general, wyvern, or dragon, and none of those are exactly what I'd call common. And considering that most Luna users kill most enemies in two hits, if they're doubling, then Luna's irrelevant.

Yeah but still sometimes your units will be like 2-5HP off from killing the guy, if Luna procs then it becomes a clean KO. It can make a minor difference.

No, it's a fuckload of shit. It's not helping Gatrie OHKO what he doesn't double, and his problems are spd, not str, so this is a huge case of not helping.

Yeah but still sometimes your units will be like 2-5HP off from killing the guy, if Luna procs then it becomes a clean KO.

This is FE9, there are ONLY Clean KOs. If for some reason Gatrie/Brom/Neph still can't ORKO on doubles, you're doing it wrong.

Luna for an Occult is one of the worst economical choices you can make.

No, it's a fuckload of shit. It's not helping Gatrie OHKO what he doesn't double, and his problems are spd, not str, so this is a huge case of not helping.

This is FE9, there are ONLY Clean KOs. If for some reason Gatrie/Brom/Neph still can't ORKO on doubles, you're doing it wrong.

Luna for an Occult is one of the worst economical choices you can make.

Neph might be shy off KOing some things on doubles and misses can because you to be 2-3HP off from a KO due to a miss but if Luna procs on one of the hits anyways it kinda makes up for the miss. I'm not saying it's any good but it's not as terribly bad as people expect it to be.

Not necessarily. I'm 90% sure mounted units in this game have 5 less base capacity than foot units. And what do you know? FE10 Canto takes 5 more capacity than Shove. Coincidence?

Sure. I could argue that IS decided to give mounted units less capacity for a variety of arbitrary reasons. This is a FE9 skills tier list, not a FE9 skills that existed as skills in FE10 but not in FE9 tier list.

Neph might be shy off KOing some things on doubles and misses can because you to be 2-3HP off from a KO due to a miss but if Luna procs on one of the hits anyways it kinda makes up for the miss. I'm not saying it's any good but it's not as terribly bad as people expect it to be.

Dumping Wrath in favor of Luna is a flat-out losing trade.

Who says we're ditching Wrath? lulz. Not like Neph is entitled to Vantage anyways.

Wow. Did you find a way to give Neph 30 capacity or something? If you are saying Luna doesn't suck because of how Neph performs with it, you are ditching Wrath. And who cares about entitlement. If she's better than everyone else with Vantage, why are you giving it to someone else when Neph is used? Variety? That has no place on a tier list of any sort. Besides, I'd say wrath without vantage is still better than Luna anyway so who cares?

Who says we're ditching Wrath? lulz. Not like Neph is entitled to Vantage anyways.

Well, you did mention that Neph might miss or fall shy of killing on doubles.

Wow. Did you find a way to give Neph 30 capacity or something? If you are saying Luna doesn't suck because of how Neph performs with it, you are ditching Wrath. And who cares about entitlement. If she's better than everyone else with Vantage, why are you giving it to someone else when Neph is used? Variety? That has no place on a tier list of any sort. Besides, I'd say wrath without vantage is still better than Luna anyway so who cares?

Yeah, nevermind I thought Neph had enough capacity for both skills. I forgot. Besides, I never give her Luna anyways lulz.

Edited by Joey

Actually, IMO, provoke is pretty useless. The only time you will want it is if you need to draw attention to someone on the enemy phase who won't kill them (a general who doesn't double or a sniper). However, since they aren't killing, the enemy will target them anyways.

Both down then. Provoke is better for protecting people than Shade and helps draw enemies out of position (however that can be useful). Shade I've never actually seen work.

Both down then. Provoke is better for protecting people than Shade and helps draw enemies out of position (however that can be useful). Shade I've never actually seen work.

I see it work quite frequently, actually. Just don't expect it to save a unit that is OHKOd/ORKOd/doesn't counter.

Yeah. It works; it just doesn't work miracles. I'd say it's more useful than Provoke since it says "don't touch this unit" whereas Provoke can sometimes get you killed or hog experience if you're not careful. But there isn't a drastic difference between the two in usefulness.

• 3 weeks later...

I think Nihil should be a little higher. Doesn't Nihil negate goddess's blessing? That extra damage to Ashnard could help. I mean Calill is then somewhat useful then :/

It doesn't. Even it worked, Calill gets OHKO'd by Ashnard even at --/20.

Yeah. It works; it just doesn't work miracles. I'd say it's more useful than Provoke since it says "don't touch this unit" whereas Provoke can sometimes get you killed or hog experience if you're not careful. But there isn't a drastic difference between the two in usefulness.

Once, my Mist with Shade could have been OHKO'd by a dragon, but he instead attacked Jill, who he couldn't kill. It's not reliable, but it can work miracles (it really saved me there).

Resolve up. In fact, I'd say Resolve = Aether. +12-15 Str/Skl/Spd is just plain broken, and the fact that it's only around for the last two hours doesn't change that. Heck, that's the whole reason why Tauroneo isn't garbage tier.

• 1 month later...

Astra down. One of the few skills in the game that can make the unit worse.

ya but at least it looks cool....no but i agree wasting 5 uses on a weapon when swordmasters double hit or crit hit to kill most enemies any way, astra is not worht the occult scroll it uses