1. 1. Who is your favourite?

• Vaporeon
    • Jolteon
    • Flareon
    • Espeon
    • Umbreon
    • Leafeon
    • Glaceon

I like all of them but my favorites are definitely Flareon and Glaceon.

Mostly Glaceon but it's pretty damn slow and does okay in Hail Storm team and honestly? Who uses one? Although its massive SAtk plus STAB Ice Beam is awesome.

Flareon though... The poor thing REALLY needs a stat distribution and/or a wider move pool like most of the Eveelutions.

Edited by Ein Silver Rose

Espeon. As a Shiny I have to say Umbreon.

Espeon is the cutest thing ever. Ever.

Are we going on looks or movesets and stats?

Espeon wins both for me anyway, but if it is looks, leafeon is pretty cool.

Flareon though... The poor thing REALLY needs a stat distribution and/or a wider move pool like most of the Eveelutions.

If only Flareon learns Flare Blitz...too bad that's not going to happen. Who knows maybe Flareon will redeem himself in the 5th generation shift.

Espeon. It's cute.

It's as strong as Glaceon but it's much faster. I suppose Jolteon's combination of power and speed is as good as Espeon's but meh, Espeon is way cooler imo.

I can't choose between Umbreon and Flareon. Umbreon is just plain cool being black and gold and a dark type and all while Flareon is a fire type and I love fire type Pokemon. :P

Leafeon(obviously). Favorite color, favorite type, highest defense out of its cousins, it's green, it's a grass type, I love the place where you get one.

I'm surprise that a lot of people prefer Espeon and yet Smogon labeled Espeon as NU...what's up with that?

Vaporeon, because of it's massive HP (compared to the rest of them) and the Water typing (meaning it can learn both Surf and Ice Beam).

But it doesn't mean that Vaporeon gets STAB from using Ice Beam.

Edited by Namie Amuro

I'm surprise that a lot of people prefer Espeon and yet Smogon labeled Espeon as NU...what's up with that?

There is only one, and ONLY one, reason as to why Espeon is NU: Alakazam is in UU. With higher stats in both SpA and Spe, it's competitively better than Espeon in every way (defenses don't matter since they both fall to pretty much ANY physical attack). There's no reason to use Espeon over Alakazam in UU unless you're like me and would prefer to have your favorite Pokemon rather than make it your primary objective to win as much as possible.

But it doesn't mean that Vaporeon gets STAB from using Ice Beam.

I think he means that Vaporeon has some decent coverage (except against enemy Water-types) with that combination.

• 2 weeks later...

Espeon. Best for battles and my favorite besides that.

Also, funnily enough, back before Gen II came out, my friend drew a picture of a theoretical Psychic eeveelution, and it was almost identical to Espeon.

Flareon is my fave. It's the weakest Eeveelution, but I've always had a soft spot for the little critter. Its Mixed and Choice Specs sets are fun to use.

Very next on the line is Umbreon, my nick's symbol, of course. I like his bulkiness.

But to say the truth, I love all Eeveelutions. Be it because they're useful (Vaporeon, Jolteon), or are fun underdogs (Espeon, Leafeon, Glaceon, especially those last two).

Edited by AceNoctali

• 3 weeks later...

Vaporeon, as Water is my favorite type and he's generally the strongest to use. Leafeon is second, I guess. I did an all-Eevee game in Pokemon Platinum, sans Umbreon since he's a bit weaker at actually attacking. Flareon's pretty good ingame, since you can just give him Return or something and go crazy with his really high Attack. Plus he's got some pretty respectable Sp. Def, so he can take a few special Water attacks before folding.

Also, imho Espeon should get Aura Sphere. It'd make Espeon into a pretty good special sweeper. Ghost/Fighting, IIRC, is absolute type coverage (i.e. hits every single Pokemon, or at least every single mono-type for at least neutral) and it has a good stat spread for a special sweeper. That said, it seems that Game Freak kind of hate the non-Jolteon and Vaporeon Eevees.

Edited by Apejack Cuba

Umbreon FTW, plus when its shiny it has blue circles, my favorite color, and my liking towards him is increased considering he is a defense pokemon which i like.

Espeon, Umbreon, Flareon. The rest can bite my Furby ass.

I used to swear by Umbreon back in the GS days, but playing HGSS makes me switch out to the Special attack centric Espeon. And Flareon I just like for being cute looking. :3

Well, sorta. Jolteon's also cool in my book, but I hate Vaporeon (Ugly as hell to me), Glaceon and Leafeon just haven't grown o me.

Vaporeon's Water Absorb ability + its abnormally high HP and decent SpA makes it a good Pokémon to have, albeit it is somewhat slower than most sweepers.

Espeon is ranked 2nd for me.

Then Jolteon.

Also, imho Espeon should get Aura Sphere. It'd make Espeon into a pretty good special sweeper. Ghost/Fighting, IIRC, is absolute type coverage (i.e. hits every single Pokemon, or at least every single mono-type for at least neutral) and it has a good stat spread for a special sweeper. That said, it seems that Game Freak kind of hate the non-Jolteon and Vaporeon Eevees.

Yes, Ghost/Fighting hits everything for at least neutral damage. Theoretically, the only Pokemon that would resist it are those with a Normal/Ghost type, which doesn't exist... yet.