epic wins/epic fails PoR

so, since I couldn't find this anywhere, I decided to make this topic.

seems clear enough to me what to do here~

Epic wins:

one of my first chapters using Soren, enemy armor knight attacks Soren;

*enemy misses* *Soren activates adept, attacks twice. doubles, activates adept again. 4th attack crits and kills enemy*

Ike killing black knight without Mist and vulneraries / elixers by activating eather 3 times

Ranulf soloing chapters with demi band, wrath and resolve at 12 HP.

Epic fails:

Ranulf getting hit by a sleep staff and gets killed at 12HP

Epic fails:

When fighting the black knight, I fought hard, but was unable to beat him due to a single miss, and the extra turn I wasn't going to get to make up for it. Also Ike died the first time I tried that chapter because I didn't know what I was up against. I think Mist got attacked once too, can't remember cause it was awhile back.

Epic Wins:

Mist capped Str - without any items/BEXP abuse.

Epic Fails:

The Black Knight Luna's Ike and criticals him next turn. Cue Ike dying and a restart.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Epic Wins:

Epic Fails:

The Black Knight Luna's Ike and criticals him next turn. Cue Ike dying and a restart.

What chapter? If you are in 27x then Ike should have Ragnell and crits are impossible.

What chapter? If you are in 27x then Ike should have Ragnell and crits are impossible.

It looked like a crit...I mean the BK didn't do his normal Luna animation (with the blue flames or whatever they are)!

Hmmm....

Edited by NinjaMonkey

That's because all enemies start moving at turn 8 on chapter 13. I know everything there is to know about chapter 13.

Epic fails: In chapter 23, I lost 4 times because of two 3% criticals on Reyson, a 13% critical on an enemy I wanted to survive, and about a 20% one on Jill.

In the endgame, I had awful luck against Bryce and the Rexaura bishop. First, he got a 1% crit against Nasir, which would have killed him if it weren't for a lucky miss from the silver lance general. Later, I intended to kill him by doubling him with Mist and then OHKOing him with Jill. But then he activated Guard, so Mist only hit him once and wasn't able to heal herself with a Runesword, while she was right next to a dragon... So then I had to use Ike to finish him off, but he activated Guard again, so he only got hit once. Finally, Jill was able to one-round him, but he Guarded again, so he survived until the next turn. Fortunately, he switched to retreat AI and the retarded dragon attacked Jill instead of Mist.

Against the Rexaura Bishop, whom I usually have about 65% chance of hitting with silence, I missed him 5 times in a row between two PT's and 3 attempts of the game.

• 2 weeks later...

Epic win - Boyd survived a critical shot from a ballista, and he wasn't fully healed

Epic fail - Mist died in one hit from a ballista. both of these happened on Ch. 24 on the same turn

Edited by Killer Poleax

Epic Win: Mia is in critical health. A enemy attacks her. She vantages, crits, adepts, crits, and kills (this was before I discovered Wrath)

Epic Fail: The enemy was Tauroneo

Epic win: Foe attacks Elincia, misses, and Elincia proceeds to crit him to death with Atimi

Epic Fail: Geoffry gets sleeped and killed a turn later by an eact amount of enemies.

Epic Win: Stefan with Killing Edges

my Mist was strength blessed! she had 11 strength as a lv 20 cleric before promoting. that's never happened to me before! no energy drops or bexp abuse either!

my Marcia was also strength blessed

Epic Fail: Stefan activating Astra when he would've killed without it. he still killed with Astra but he wasted some weapon durability. yeah it's not really a fail.

this one is though: Ike doing 3 damage to BK (I ran away cause 4 turns passed and he didn't activate Aether once), 5 damage to Ashnard. It's partly my fault though, I only got him to lv 16 at the end but he was a little strength screwed the whole game

I used up all 3 Ashera staffs. I wanted to use Hammerne on it but I've never used Hammerne in any FE game before so I wasn't sure when to use it. I used the last Ashera staff and the game said it broke and I was like oh crap!

Edited by Killer Poleax

I promote Mia in chapter 14 base,with the following stats:

HP:38

Str:19

Mag:10

Skl:20

Spd:22

Lck:19

Def:18

Res:12

I didn't use any boosters on her either.This was on my first PT of POR,and was what sparked my love for her.She has never once failed me either.

I promote Mia in chapter 14 base,with the following stats:

HP:38

Str:19

Mag:10

Skl:20

Spd:22

Lck:19

Def:18

Res:12

I didn't use any boosters on her either.This was on my first PT of POR,and was what sparked my love for her.She has never once failed me either.

I assume you also didn't "adjust" her levels by way of reseting in the base with bexp levels until you got good ones? I mean, that's much less impressive or "lucky" if you got it by reseting.

Aside from fixed mode, every time I play I cap Mist's str, skl, def. Granted I didn't have the patience with skl and def to get more than 22 and 18 through levels/promo/bases. I used a secret book and a draco for the capping of skl and def. (Oh, mag and spd cap too, but that should be obvious, and res usually caps).

And I always cap certain things for other favoured units. Like Mia's def.

No resets/boosters.POR was my first FE game,and that was in my first PT,so I had no idea about that sort of stuff. XD

I always remembered how ridiculous she turned out,and used her every time since.

EPIC FAIL:

Ike losing to Bknight 5 times with Aether. He was level 20 with cap str skl spd def and hp.

This caused me to waste a Wrath on Ike just to kill the BKnight

EPIC WIN:

Volke Lithaliting all the dragons on Final Chapter on the same PT and dodging every hit.

Epic Win: Marcia. 33 HP with a Full Guard, bridge chapter. Quotation marks are me.

"Marcia! Go take out that archer manning the ballista so that Reyson can live!"

*stabby death

Enemy Phase

Archer attacks Reyson with a ballista!

"Shiiiiiiiiiiii *MISS* Woohoo!"

*6 people attack Marcia with a variety of bows, lances, and claws. Only the claws hit. 12 HP.

"Marcia, you are a Goddess in this game. Now if Jill had copied your SPD, she wouldn't be dead right now."

Epic Fail: 13 SPD Jill. Killed by a ballista and 2 horses. And I didn't get Haar. I just gave up trying to redeem her SPD. Average for her is 19.

Epic Wins:

Epic Fails:

dude that happened to me like a billion times on EM first time i played game i swear i did that stage like 5-7 times

On my first playthrough Ike got owned by the Black Knight in chapter 11.

It wouldn't have been so worse, if the Black Knight wouldn't have called out Ike for attacking him. It's not like that guy wasn't the only reinforcement in the whole game who appears on the start of the enemies turn and is therefore capable of moving and attacking in the same turn he appears and I had no idea he would show up once I would defeat the boss.

Epic Wins:

The chapter where you get Mia (I can't remember the name of it)

I moved all of my units up the center aisle once everyone but the boss and his guard were dead.

*reinforcements come in from the back*

"Okay, time to get farther away than I was and position a rear guard, heal who needs healing."

*looks through units, Rhys can reach them, chooses Gatrie because he's lowest on HP*

The two knights and (is it an archer down there?) move in and attack a unit I had completely forgotten about: Ike. I had accidentilly left him down there without moving him--and he only has 12 HP. D: As I saw this, I realized that only one of the knights would be able to move in and hit Ike.

The first unit (long range, I believe an archer, I can't remember right now) moves in and shoots. Hits. D: Ike now has a lower amount of HP, way too near to death.

The first knight moves in. *MISS* "OH MY GOODNESS!!* Ike hits once, then criticals--epic. I was screaming with happiness, remembering that with my current position only one of the knights would be able to move in on me. I then realized that in killing that knight with a critical, it would allow the second knight to come in.

The second knight came in, and I'm squirming in my seat. He attacks--misses, then Ike, with one use left in his sword, criticaled and killed the knight. Leveled up, stats boosted in every stat but luck.

THAT is an Epic Win.

Just to add to it, I had accidentily put Rhys in the range of the knight with a javelin of the bosses guard. The knight came in, threw the javelin--MISS.

Epic Win.

Epic Fail:

On the level with the three ships, I put Ike on the middle bridge to defend--I figured he'd be fine (full HP, forged sword). About 3 units could reach him, but I figured it wouldn't matter because I looked at their stats and saw that the nearest unit wouldn't be able to be killed in one round by Ike.

Archer come in. *HIT* "COME ON!"

Knight comes in *HIT* "Grr." Ike hits once, criticals. "WHOOOOOOO!!!"

Myrmidon comes in. *MISS* Ike misses the myrmidon. "WHAT??" Myrmidon criticals. O_O "GRRRAAARRR!"

Epic Fail.

• 2 weeks later...

Epic fail: One of the mages from the chapter with the the priest managed to critical my Ike with Elthunder with a three percent chance of pulling a critical and around a 30 percent chance of hitting Ike. Ike responds by MISSING the mage on his first strike but hitting him on his second. Since I was sitting next to the commander mercenary, he pull out his killer bow to finish Ike off....

• 4 weeks later...

Now, I've been pretty lucky with this game. But, I've still had some epic fails:

Marcia misses a Myrmidon with a 94% chance.

Ike gets hit with a Hammer, it couldn't have possibly been more than 30% chance to hit.

Final Chapter, Ike attacks Bryce with 88% chance to hit and misses. Next turn, Bryce attacks Volke and lands a critical.

Ike goes to attack an enemy Sniper with one use left on his Iron Sword. Ike lands an Aether, and the second hit does no damage! I yelled "WHAT!?" and then I realize that happened because the sword broke on the first hit of Aether.

Now for the epic wins:

Final Chapter on hard mode, Berserk Ashnard attacks Ike. If Ashnard hits, Ike dies! My heart almost stops as Ashnard brings down his sword.....and Ike dodges! Ike then promptly kicks Ashnard's ass thanks to Wrath and Resolve.

On another playthrough, I was screwing around. I attack Ashnard with Mist, even though I knew I wouldn't do any damage. Ashnard can't hit for crap, because he misses Mist about five times in a row.

Boyd got 16 Defense while still a Fighter. Soren maxed his Defense while unpromoted. Mia gains Defense with her first two level ups. This was random growth with no cheats,abusing, or items. But, to obtain, something of equal or greater value must be lost. And that value for me was Ike's Defense. It was 7 while Ike was level 20/0!!!!!

On my most recent playthrough, I forged several Silver Swords for Ike. I gave them names like "NoSympathy," "Fight4Friend," and "SmashBrother." This has nothing to do with the RNG, but I think it's cool.