Am I The Only One

Who would enjoy seeing a kind of Fire Emblem-Advance Wars combo?

This entailing that it would be a Fire Emblem game, Advance Wars style, such as controlling footsoldiers that you don't care about, etc.

Maybe I'm crazy. Though this thread in this forum because I felt like everyone in the general Fire Emblem forums would tear me apart.

¿Si?

FE is advanced wars

With units you care about and don't let die. I'm talking about using disposable soldiers, or something like commanding bandits to raze a village I DON'T KNOW. It seemed cool when I thought about it today..

With units you care about and don't let die. I'm talking about using disposable soldiers, or something like commanding bandits to raze a village I DON'T KNOW. It seemed cool when I thought about it today..

Because its easier to let some nobody die. You monster.

The only thing I really wanted regarding this idea, is the ability to have absolutely huge battlefields with about fifty units on each side, no cover, and somehow you have to keep all the main characters alive, kill all the enemy units, and even survive a second wave or something. Basically those scene with two massive armies slamming into each other ... ... ... and no one in the first line ever survives :facepalm:

AN ARMY OF WYVERN RIDERS LED BY A WYVERN LORD AND TWO WYVERN KNIGHTS!!! :o B)

The only thing I really wanted regarding this idea, is the ability to have absolutely huge battlefields with about fifty units on each side, no cover, and somehow you have to keep all the main characters alive, kill all the enemy units, and even survive a second wave or something. Basically those scene with two massive armies slamming into each other ... ... ... and no one in the first line ever survives :facepalm:

AN ARMY OF WYVERN RIDERS LED BY A WYVERN LORD AND TWO WYVERN KNIGHTS!!! :o B)

YES. Or a kind of mode where you have to defend as many turns as possible or something... I don't know. Random ideas pop into my head.

A FE in the Advance Wars style could be interesting, but not the other way around. There aren't any awesome modern-day melee weapons. It'd be like a FE in which every unit uses bows.

A FE in the Advance Wars style could be interesting, but not the other way around. There aren't any awesome modern-day melee weapons. It'd be like a FE in which every unit uses bows.

So every unit would be bottom tier?

So every unit would be bottom tier?

Since when is Louise bottom tier?! Rebeccas, maybe, Wil, sure, Innes? Definitely without that silver bow of his, but Seriously, the only way archers suck is when there are no fliers around, and they have a way of showing up, even in chapters that don't make sense.

This entailing that it would be a Fire Emblem game, Advance Wars style, such as controlling footsoldiers that you don't care about, etc.

This makes the fatal assumption I care about the lives of most of my FE units.

After all, we have reserves.

Swords = Crowbars

Axes = Meat cleavers

Lances = Really Big Sticks

Bows = Guns.

Knives = Switchblades.

Ok, maybe, that wouldn't work. Unless it was some sort of twisted, Fire Emblem: Street Gang Warfare.

Louise wasn't bottom tier on that list <_<

Pssssssssst

it's a joke list.

On a more serious note, she's almost always the 6th worst charater in a game with 40+ characters, so she's really fucking bad.

I was the one who wanted Karla's Legs there, not Fox.

Edited by Ninji

On a more serious note, she's almost always the 6th worst charater in a game with 40+ characters, so she's really fucking bad.

I was the one who wanted Karla's Legs there, not Fox.

I know I read about that stuff. The fact that she posted it, means she agrees with you ... and by extension, me :awesome:

(I never ever ever take tier lists seriously. I'm not one of the tier lovers on this site.)

In Suiko tactics there are a lot of "story" characters who don't suffer from permadeath. It gets annoying b/c you have to remember who's a story character who can die and who can't afford to die.

I don't embrace it but I'd be OK with it. I think it would be annoying to deal with the conflicting incentive of using basic units to avoid permadeath and using "hero" units to build up levels.

You might wanna try Warcraft III. There's no permadeath but you don't want to have your heroes die if you can avoid it. Heroes come back after a while but it costs money and time, and they obviously can't level while dead. Levelling is based off of location (you level if you're near enemy units that die from your units).

Ladder is still active too even with the release of starcraft II, if you like 1v1s you can usually get a match through in about 30 seconds.

Edited by SeverIan