Funny, Stupid, Unknown and Interesting facts about FE10

wait a sec, since when are sages bad units in RD? I understand they have bad caps, but their stave usage makes up for that in usability. And Soren's A support with Ike makes him almost unhittable. unless of course everyone here is talking about hard mode only, if so, I didn't say anything.

who says that soren claims ike?

for dodging purposes most people stick him with Oscar, though for offence an Mia support works better with Ike as i quote from this one user "if you can't kill as fast as Ike or have to be wrapped in bubblewrap to survive, your slowing him(and there fore beating the game) down.

also sages don't get staffs until third tier which probley won't be happening for someone like Soren until part 4. So thats most of the game Soren isn't gonna have a staff, compair with Micaiah who'll have a staff starting with 3-6.

Edited by HF Makalov Fanboy Kai

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who says that soren claims ike?

for dodging purposes most people stick him with Oscar, though for offence an Mia support works better with Ike as i quote from this one user "if you can't kill as fast as Ike or have to be wrapped in bubblewrap to survive, your slowing him(and there fore beating the game) down.

also sages don't get staffs until third tier which probley won't be happening for someone like Soren until part 4. So thats most of the game Soren isn't gonna have a staff, compair with Micaiah who'll have a staff starting with 3-6.

okay, I guess it's just my playstyle. for me Soren is promoted by chapter 3-7 on easy or 3-12 or something on normal mode. and IkexSoren is needed for unlocking certain parts of the story.

okay, I guess it's just my playstyle. for me Soren is promoted by chapter 3-7 on easy or 3-12 or something on normal mode. and IkexSoren is needed for unlocking certain parts of the story.

On Hard Mode, he'll very likely need the early crown because his bad 2nd tier caps are just that detrimental.

Soren is extremely overrated except in drafts, where he's merely slightly above average.

I found him to actually be quite good in the NM draft where I had him. BEXP dumps really help him at killing at 1-2 range is pretty nice.

Is he really that overrated, though? The general consensus here is that he sucks.

It depends on who you talk to. Most tier peoples agree that he's average-at-best but he still has plenty of members in his fanclub. It's not at all uncommon for someone to cite Soren as the best Sage in either game.

It's not at all uncommon for someone to cite Soren as the best Sage in either game.

But that's not particularly high praise, especially in Radiant Dawn.

Edited by aku chi

wait a sec, since when are sages bad units in RD? I understand they have bad caps, but their stave usage makes up for that in usability. And Soren's A support with Ike makes him almost unhittable. unless of course everyone here is talking about hard mode only, if so, I didn't say anything.

While IkexSoren is a great support, the others are right. Mia is likely to take that spot. I would like to factor in Resolve as well. But then some complain about 6 Mov.

But that's not particularly high praise, especially in Radiant Dawn.

This also comes from people who think "best in their class" means the unit is good and should be used. So although it is not technically high praise as you say, it's intended as such.

Even though it's not true, I understand people saying Soren is the best sage. When I was still a noob, I always used him, even though he was never that great. But by tier list and effiency standards, he sucks. Miccy is forced, has a lot of magic and res and get a B in staves as soon as 3-6. That pretty much makes her the the best sage. Calill is, stat-wise, the best sage, but in a low-turns run she's not great. Too little playtime make her hard to use.

Random stuff:

Swordmasters can reach 100 crit with a killing edge and gamble.

Rolf can get to 95 crit with bond supports and a killer bow (40skl/2=20+15 class crit bonus=35+30 killer bow= 65+5 shinon bond=70+5 mist bond=75+10 boyd bond=85+10 oscar bond=95).

Skrimir is dumb in 3-P and likes to kill random stuff when he can already arrive.

Tanith despite being sigrun's deputy commander is better at everything.

I found him to actually be quite good in the NM draft where I had him. BEXP dumps really help him at killing at 1-2 range is pretty nice.

Bad move, bad start, bad durability. He's only good because of 1-2 range, availability, and ease of favoritism. I'd always take Rhys over him however, because Soren can't go to the desert, which is the biggest draw to drafting a Sage.

It's not at all uncommon for someone to cite Soren as the best Sage in either game.

I never really understood that honestly, unless he can actually double in RD's Easy Mode. Tormod is easily superior in PoR.

Bad move, bad start, bad durability. He's only good because of 1-2 range, availability, and ease of favoritism. I'd always take Rhys over him however, because Soren can't go to the desert, which is the biggest draw to drafting a Sage.

Obviously he took some time to get going, but he was quite valuable once he did. 1-2 range and availability is a good thing to have, after all. Rhys has his advantages, but Soren also has Meteor access for most of part 3 (particularly good for 3-5), higher Mag, and stronger tomes.

Obviously he took some time to get going, but he was quite valuable once he did. 1-2 range and availability is a good thing to have, after all. Rhys has his advantages, but Soren also has Meteor access for most of part 3 (particularly good for 3-5), higher Mag, and stronger tomes.

I can't think of another specific case in Part 3 where Meteor is relevant outside of 3-9, though. He could deal the finishing blow to the bosses of 3-2 or 3-4, I guess.

As for Soren's attack lead, Rhys had no problem ORKOing Generals and Sages with forged Lights (you need to ferry them with Ilyana, though), and Ellight is sufficient for everything else. Plus there's Rescue and Physic, although Micaiah can use Rescue just as well in most cases outside of 4-3.

Edited by Radiant Kitty

I can't think of another specific case in Part 3 where Meteor is relevant outside of 3-9, though. He could deal the finishing blow to the bosses of 3-2 or 3-4, I guess.

As for Soren's attack lead, Rhys had no problem ORKOing Generals and Sages with forged Lights (you need to ferry them with Ilyana, though), and Ellight is sufficient for everything else. Plus there's Rescue and Physic, although Micaiah can use Rescue just as well in most cases outside of 4-3.

With such small teams, it can occasionally be useful for getting rid of pesky enemies in the way on places like 3-4. Situational but better to have it than not.

Well, I recall Soren occasionally being borderline on kills in part 4, so I imagine Rhys would have a more difficult time. Been a while, though.

Well, I recall Soren occasionally being borderline on kills in part 4, so I imagine Rhys would have a more difficult time. Been a while, though.

Ah. Yeah, max Magic Rhys with Forged Light misses 2HKOs on a Halberdier or two in 4-3 (and Generals and Sages). Greil route enemies are tougher though, so that would account for Soren missing KOs as well.

Micaiah gets a C in staves.

Oh >_<. Still, C staves at T2 while being the best healer around> E staves at T3 when some healer are way better at it. Even at combat, Miccy may never doubles, but 2HKOing enemies in a small team that doesn't double a lot of things> 3HKOing enemies in a big team that doubles almost everything.

Mic can double. Resolve!

She can't dodge very well though... and her speed needs to grow a every now and then if you expect her to double all the time with resolve.

Mic can double. Resolve!

That depends where you're coming from. In draft, it became popular to use Micaiah with Resolve to have her double, and it's mostly because people get getting "lucky" with her Spd. An average Micaiah is not likely to double, unless overleveled.

overall, Calil is the best sage for end game, Micaiah is forced but once again we got thani bombing/staff bot, and due to better magic defense, she takes less damage from white dragons and those Sprirt things..

Even if Soren was the best sage, this is a game where magic users kinda suck if your not holding Rexflame or if your name isn't Micaiah.

It depends on what level Calill is. Even with Rexflame, Calill needs to be basically level 20/20 to 2HKO Generals and never succeeds at 2HKOing other enemy types. Providing that Soren reachs level 15 in 3rd tier for 30AS, he ORKOes all enemies, even Bishops with a support, and he can ORKO some enemies with a siege tome. Certainly, being able to do that is probably just as valuable as Calill's better damage in 4-E-5, if not more so.

It's quite possible to get Soren there.

Resolve + Ike support did wonders for him at my HM playthrough. :newyears: Although a Swordmaster came along at 4-4 once and critikilled him.

I have not read the whole thing so this may have been said already.

This game seems to have gone out of its way to break archtypes.

Theres Gatrie the fast General

Mia and Edward the strong Swordmasters

Oliver the strong Bishop

And more that I can't remember.

I have not read the whole thing so this may have been said already.

This game seems to have gone out of its way to break archtypes.

Theres Gatrie the fast General

Mia and Edward the strong Swordmasters

Oliver the strong Bishop

And more that I can't remember.

Another archetype that is broken is that a LOT of physical units have huge res growths(well, in exchange for their def growths being mediocre to just plain bad), when in the GBA games(the FE's I most fondly remember and care about), most units that had higher than 30% res growth(and are NOT FE6!Karel)were magic users and dancers. In this game, TONS of physical units have 40 or above in their res growth.

[spoiler=List of physical units that have a 40% res growth or higher]

Leo(55)

Nolan(40)

Meg(50)

Tauroneo(50)

Jill(45)

Fiona(50)

Vika(65)

Neph(45)

Heather(40)

Lucia(50)

Geoffrey(55)

Astrid(50)

Sigrun(50)

Kurth(40)

Ena(50)

Another funny thing about Vika: The only GBA units that have a higher res growth than her are Ninian and Tethys

Also, Meg fits the fast armor mold, just like Gatrie, the only difference being Meg being also physically weak and frail for her class, while Gatrie packs massive strength and durability on top of that.

As for the 'strong magic user' thing, Tormod has the same strength growth as Oliver(which is already the same as Ike's.)