Urban Rivalz

Life

First off, I have not stolen anything from General Spoon. Not a single idea. This idea is from another place completely (Smogen University website). Spoon showed it to me and I was absolutely intrigued by it. Also if Mekkah pops up here, here's my credit to Jackal on that site so that he knows.

Anyway, welcome to the first different style Mafia game you will play. Any game that I host will either be a regular game that you can find off of EpicMafia or something completely out of the blue. This falls under that second catagory.

And with that I say... Welcome to Urban Rivalz!

Ok, let's get something straight. You might want to read this opening post over multiple times since things are going to seem confusing. Try to figure some shit out for your own instead of coming to me with every little concern. If I specifically posted an answer to your question in here and you still ask me that question, I will ignore you. End of story. I am a ruthless dictator and you will do what I say if you want to have fun.

Biggest change from a regular game of Mafia is that there is no innocent town. None. Freelancers make up the majority of the town. Their win condition is to be the last man standing. So yeah, it's not a team game at that point.

The reason for doing so is because there will be about four or five different mafias floating around, depending on how many people join. The leader of a Mafia member can recruit a Freelancer every single night. Each Mafia wins if they are the last team standing (nobody else should be alive) since any role can possibly screw that team up. Also, a Mafia cannot recruit a FL if that FL is part of another faction already.

There will possibly also be a team that is independent of the 4/5 factions who cannot recruit. This team has their own agenda.

And yeah. General mafia rules apply too (don't talk when you're dead aside from strategy with your team) so don't get stupid. But PMing people and contacting them on AIM/MSN/Skype/Whatever is perfectly legal. In fact, I'd rather have all of you guys put down your AIM/MSN stuff when registering.

Important: Since this game is going to be rather confusing, I'm using a board that I created for it. I'll post the link in a couple of days but I'd love it if you put down your name here. When you register on my board, I will give you the name to register under AKA your username. DO NOT put in your own. You'll see why when we start.

Everything else (specific rules, roles, how the forum works) will post added later. For now, I'm just going to keep a list of people playing going. This game can easily go on at the same time as any game since it's technically on another board. And yeah. Enjoy.

People currently interested:

BK-201

Ninji

Ulki

Hikarusa

General Spoon

Trompe Le Monde

Benjamin "Coach" Wade (Dragonslayer but he sucks balls compared to Russell)

I Eat Tables

Ether

JB25

Bizz

Weapons

Lightning

Dracohon

Edited by Life

Also, lynching people because they aren't helpful to the town won't work in this game. Until you get recruited, you are playing for yourself. Lynch accordingly.

A couple other things:

1) For those of you who don't play as aggressively as I do, I'm only going to say this once and it will be bolded. Aside from divulging information once you are dead, anything is legal. If you want to make up complete fake role PMs (since I will provide the format eventually), go ahead. If you want to fake complete conversations with people to other people, be my guest. You wanna bombard someone's IM system? Perfect. Almost anything is legal and encouraged.

That pretty much goes out to players like Ulki who don't ever take risks. Nobody is going to know who you are via the aliases I give you. So go out there and fuck with people's brains. Just try to win.

2) There will be multiple password encoded subforums for each Mafia. Go wild for what you want in there. However there are certain things that I do want posted clearly.

3) A bunch of people that you guys don't know will also be playing. However you'll have no clue who anyone is since I'm giving out my own chosen aliases. So yeah.

Edited by Life

Sir,i thank you.I was originally gonna be the one to do this,since you brought it up when we were talking,but I'm more than happy to play it instead. Ether is in da house.

@ I Eat Tables:

A forum that was made by guys who used to frequent the GameFAQs FE boards. It's called Legend of the Emblem. I'm friends with a bunch of people from there but I don't actually frequent it.

I need a lot more people. I have 10 here that I know of, about 5 from LotE and I'm working on getting more people. I would love to have about 10 more from here.

Edited by Life

To everyone:

If you're part of another forum, spread the word for this game. It won't work best until it has 30+ people. Once I hit 25 or so, I'll give out the site stuff and your usernames. So... yeah.

Keeping my sign-ups afloat.

I'm considering not giving out random roles and actually choosing specific ones for people (certain people will have wonderful roles that they'll love :lol: ) but I'm not sure. Anyone object to that? Chances are that you'll all be part of a Mafia assuming that you don't die in the first 3 days or so.

Keeping my sign-ups afloat.

I'm considering not giving out random roles and actually choosing specific ones for people (certain people will have wonderful roles that they'll love :lol: ) but I'm not sure. Anyone object to that? Chances are that you'll all be part of a Mafia assuming that you don't die in the first 3 days or so.

I wouldn't object as long as i get an awesome not miller/townie role

J/K, I agree with IET.

Edited by Ulki

I wouldn't object as long as i get an awesome not miller/townie role

Did you not listen? If you don't start off as Mafia, you get drafted into one. Why would Miller or Townie exist?

Every single person has a character. You can potentially do the kills for your faction in a certain way. I'm speaking more for the "fuck people over style" of character with perks.

Edited by Life