Lightning's FE10 Mafia Postgame discussion

riariadne

I'm honestly rather disappointed at how the game ended, but I guess it's better to get it over with now instead of letting it drag out. The mafia forfeited the game after the list of active/inactive roles was posted.

Here are the roles:

Senate/Mafia

Dracohon: Sephiran the Chancellor

Snike: Lekain the Vice-Minister

General Spoon: Izuka the Impostor

BK-201: Black Knight Zelgius

Chosen Ones/ Town

Ether: Ike the Hero

Ninji: Micaiah the Priestess

Crysta: Mist the Cleric

Trompe le Monde: Rolf the Sniper

mikethfc: Gatrie the Armored

Rhythm: Haar the Drgonlord

Ulki: Tibarn the Commander

Ragnell: Naesala the Knowledgeable

Lux Aeterna: Mordecai the Defender

I Eat Tables: Sanaki the Empress

Bizz: Oliver the Former Senator

Fayt Zelpher: Bastian the Detective

Champion Cynthia: Volke the Tracker

WeaponsOfMassConstruction: Stefan the Watcher

Core: Danved the Citizen

Hikarusa: Calill the Citizen

The Dragonslayer: Largo the Citizen

Clues:

Gatrie being set on fire had something about him unable to remember who did it was a reference to the running joke in the Sitcom where everybody kept telling Hika "Who are you?".

There weren't any other clues.

Commence discussion.

Edited by Lightning

I found that funny as well. Spoon as Izuka seemed insanely good since he could pretend to agree with a vote someone made but really vote for someone else, and he'sa a great player so he could've easily made the game a mafia win if Ragnell didn't have his idea.

Sorry for wrecking that game, guys...

But I will say that even before I decided to use my plan I was suspicious about Dracohon and Spoon. I'm not sure why, but they seemed suspect to me. The mafia probably would have won if I hadn't posted the list, though.

I'd like to ask what other people think would be a fair way to balance the Naesala role. I think making half of the mafia active at night would significantly weaken the role, but I don't know if making three mafia active at night would weaken it enough. Half active, half not would most likely be best, since it basically just makes Naesala another townie, with a couple of usually useless powers.

Edited by Ragnell

See, why couldn't fe10 have been this easy? They could've gotten rid of most everything past part 2.

Um, if they wanted to make FE10 easy, they'd need to get rid of everything before part 2, because that's the hard part of the game. At least, that's my experience with the game.

Sorry for wrecking that game, guys...

Nah, the list being broken is what wrecked the game, not you.

I'd like to ask what other people think would be a fair way to balance the Naesala role. I think making half of the mafia active at night would significantly weaken the role, but I don't know if making three mafia active at night would weaken it enough. Half active, half not would most likely be best, since it basically just makes Naesala another townie, with a couple of usually useless powers.

Well, having the mafia's activeness based on their extra roles, rather than the fact that they're mafia would be a good start, but in the games where everyone has a role, the godfather is usually the only mafia with a passive role. I was thinking of something along the lines of investigating people at night and being told whether they were active or passive, but that would just make him into a much-less-useful cop. Maybe if he could investigate two people every night, or even three?