FE 3: What You'd Like to See and What You'd Like to Return

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My biggest issue with the whole 'kill units to gain extra chapters' was that it was the ONLY way to get gaiden chapters.

Nothing like in FE6/7, where they had stuff like certain EXP gains = this chapter get, or if you visit this house first/at all you chapter get, or keeping certain characters ALIVE letting you access other chapters. FE6 and 7 were doin it right. FE8 (dunno why they even made it an Xx chapter...) and SD are doin it wrong in my book.

However, I do see Cody's point. You're never gonna use em anyway, so you may as well trash em and get rewarded. But the 'collector' in a lot of us just can't seem to get over the 'loss' of the unit.

I didn't like having to kill characters off because it required effort on my part to do so. It also ended up constantly wasting unit deployment slots. Too bad you couldn't just tell them to go off themselves.

I never cared about the gaiden chapters. Th hardest part for me was getting the people killed. Man IS made that the only hard part of SD. But some of the sateliteview games would be great gaiden chapters. Also they need to bring Falcoknight to it's former glory 23 25 28 23 26. Make the "S" ranked weapons better. Also get rid of "A" as cap, it's too easy getting "A." unpromoted dragonknights will be awesome!

He has a point though. In general, you're more likely to lose characters you like best, because they're the characters you're using most and risking them to gain extra experience for. I mean, if Bord and Cord survive the early chapters then the only way you're going to lose them is if you actually purposely send them into the Chapter to die.

I'm not as vehemantly against the system in Shadow Dragon as others, because its nice being able to play the games without the stress of wanting to keep everyone alive to get supports, endings and recruit other units sometimes. But it's not perfect.

but if someone gets incidentally killed you aren't supposed to go into an emotional tantrum and restart the chapter.

So long as that person isn't someone you care about. I will ragequit when Zagaro dies, every time.

maybe they should do a mix of goals for gaiden chapters. as in for the first you need to keep certain characters alive and for the next you need to visit a house, third you'll need to have lost certain characters etc.

and maybe in a way that you can never get all gaiden chapters in one PT, replay worth might go up~

1. Reclassing. Don't reclass if you don't like it.

2. Wi-fi battles.

3. Gaidens that you don't have to kill people to get to.

4. Some skills, but nothing like Aether.

5. A decent Marth.

6. Branching promotions

7. More magic. Light, anima, etc.

8. Weapon triangle is fine, I think.

9. Support conversations.

10. Personalities.

11. Different stat caps. Like why does a Warrior get 26 def, and a Hero (with a huge shield) get only 25?

12. Better battle animations.

13. Axe users.

14. Different means of victory, like defeat boss, survive, etc.

15. Better sprites. In and out of battle.

11. Different stat caps. Like why does a Warrior get 26 def, and a Hero (with a huge shield) get only 25?

Same reason Dragon Lords had more DEF/STR/SKL/SPD than Marshals and virtually no weaknesses. "Why the fuck not?"

maybe they should do a mix of goals for gaiden chapters. as in for the first you need to keep certain characters alive and for the next you need to visit a house, third you'll need to have lost certain characters etc.

and maybe in a way that you can never get all gaiden chapters in one PT, replay worth might go up~

ITT: Bad ideas.

FE7 kinda did that already. (Though you could do them all on Hector mode.) Also sounds like a terrible idea.

If you manage to do so then sure, but if someone gets incidentally killed you aren't supposed to go into an emotional tantrum and restart the chapter.

even if that's not the way the developers intended the game to be played, if that's the way i want to play then i don't see what's wrong with it.

besides, most people here aren't losing enough characters incidentally to open up the gaidens. they're killing people off intentionally. is that the way the game was meant to be played?

Yes, you are right on that but it's because of the execution and not the intention being bad.

I'd like to see IS pursue that intention to teach people that you aren't supposed to keep everyone alive but look for a better execution of that.

I just wonder how a better execution would look like.

Yes, you are right on that but it's because of the execution and not the intention being bad.

I'd like to see IS pursue that intention to teach people that you aren't supposed to keep everyone alive but look for a better execution of that.

Not letting you restart the chapter. Oh wait, then everyone would bitch.

Everyone would bitch because that's just stupid. Not being able to restart chapters would mean the Lord dying forces you to restart the entire game. You could say that the chapter resets when the Lord dies, but then you could just force the Lord to suicide to save the fallen character. It's just not a good way to run things.

I think the biggest reason why people keep everyone alive is when most of your current units die you suddenly find yourself with underleveled peeps.

I'd say the BEXP system should be retooled that it can only be given to units who weren't in the previous chapter or something.

i hope not. trying to force people to play the game a certain way is usually a terrible idea. it's just going to alienate a part of the fanbase.