FE 3: What You'd Like to See and What You'd Like to Return

Title says it all.

Personally, I want support convos, colored palettes, and more classes (along with a promotion for Marth). Perhaps (during the battle animations) they can have faces too. I'd also like for criticals to be more "flashy" and unrealistic, but that's just me.

I want the class changing system to stay, and I'd also like the artwork to stay. The difficulty settings are a MUST as well, and should be a standard to future Fire Emblems.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marth is never getting a promotion. They had 20 years to give him one and still chose not to. He will forever be the only single-tired lord :(

I want the different types of magic back.

Would be nice to have dark and light magic back while Anima keeps it's weapon choice from FE3DS. None of this Anima having it's own triangle, it's just stupid. In fact, why bother with magic having a triangle? No one in their right minds ever attacks magic users with more magic.

Give them spells that separate from Anima. Drain from the old game is nice, it can have Swarm while Light has Meteor and Anima brings Thunderstorm back. Give Dark Mages Luna and Nosferatu if they have to deal with such crap stats. Have Light magic have minor stat boosts (like Def+1 or Luck+3, stuff like that).

Give me a reason to use Sorcerers and Bishops over Sages.

If Nintendo/IS want to pull this new remake off, they need to make it be more like FE 7-10 and be less like the original since the biggest problem with FEDS was that it is essentially the original game for the NES with a few tweaks. Though that is something I don't think we will have to worry about since the original game was about 20 chapters and had no axe users.

FEDS 2 will definitely at the very least be better than FE3 book 2. This is Nintendo/IS's chance to pull a Metroid: Zero Mission on us (before we gave you a small summary of the story, but now you will know the whole true story). I think that the best thing we should hope for is that FEDS 2 will be the Metroid: Zero Mission of book 2: The total overall story and main plot goals will remain the same, but now we will add on more minor details to make the game more interesting.

The first thing Nintendo should do with this game(which they are likely doing) is bring back the tactician system. What they should then do is bring back base conversations and make the support system work as pre-existing bond supports that exist through certain characters and have convo's like these expressed as base AND map convo's. These bond supports would stay permanent throughout the game, but would have the possibility to develop story wise as the game progress. Other bonuses should then be based off of how the characters the player uses interacts with the tactician through choices made in base convos and things like how often you use certain characters with characters who have no or very few bond supports gaining a larger bonus than those with bond supports. Story wise, this could be explained by the fact that since they lack bonds with other characters, they would create a stronger bond with you.

The next thing to be done should be to add in actual axe using classes, more chapters, use more of the game calculating formula's from the previous games, and make it so that you don't have to kill off units to reach gaiden chapters with the exception of how reaching chapter 24x would work since that was the only gaiden chapter that made sense in terms of why/how you would reach it game play wise.

If the above things are done, then this game will definitely be better than FEDS. Regardless, it is still to early to say that this game will be awful since it has much much more potential to be a good game when compared to FEDS.

*Breaks into IS headquarters and sprays Orb-shards-B-Gone all over the unfinished beta for the game*

The first thing Nintendo should do with this game(which they are likely doing) is bring back the tactician system.

No. Your tactician is Jeigan. Deal.

and make it so that you don't have to kill off units to reach gaiden chapters with the exception of how reaching chapter 24x

People are still bitching about this? Fuckaduck.

Edited by Cody Travers

supports: like FE9, at the base. like FE10, possible with everyone. like FE GBA, support conversations and paired endings.

weapons: swords (knife as sword usable by thieves), lances, axes and bows(no crossbows)

anima(wind, thunder and fire are good, but as one weapon type), Light, dark and staves (equip-able with low MT)

no reclass system

classes:

swords: myrmidons, swordmasters, mercenaries, heroes(+axe)

lances: soldiers, halberdiers, peg. knights, falcon knights(+swords)

Axe: fighters, warriors, wyvern knights, wyvern lords(+lance)

bow: archers, snipers

and cavaliers/ paladins and armors/generals of every weapon type

anima: mage, sage(+staves+light)

light: monk, bishop(+staves+anima)

dark: shaman, druid(+anima+staves)

staves: cleric, valkyrie(+light+horse)

and a mamkute/ manakete

or laguz, but that's very false hope

no lord class, but a lord with one of the classes.

and about the shadowy figure, did anyone think about it maybe being a character you can create yourself? not only like the strategist as in name only, but really like choosing a class, name, affinity etc.

Reclassing and better graphics is all i want from it.

And I just hope the gameplay stays simple with no skills or any other crap like that.

now that you make me think about it,

I think skills would be nice, but they shouldn't have as big of a role as in RD

a skill that makes you regenerate 5% hp per turn or makes your attack a bit stronger would be nice,

but a skill that triples damage and stuns you is just plain ridiculous.

for the graphics, don't make it too unreal. RD style would be nice. (and make units make less somersaults and stuff, what's the use of it in battle?)

btw, I call reclass 'other crap like that'. would you like it if you're a mercenary or armor knight and I'd be able to reclass you to let's say a priest? a unit should choose its own class.

• Support conversations, even RD's support system would be good enough.
  • Better Gaiden requirements, but look for other solutions that don't make you feel forced to keep every unit alive.
  • Individual class sets for each character. Oh and individual character portraits for some of the classes too.
  • Replace plenty of the enemy units with ones that weren't in the original FE3 and make the weapon type spread more balanced. Then again FE3 was pretty balanced in that regard IIRC.
  • Optionally have the BS Fire Emblem chapters be as Gaiden chapters, and part of the EXP accumulated from there will go over to your party.
  • Trace over the units/use a better shading style/reduce the outlines/do something to improve the look of the sprites without ruining the subtlety and fluidity of the animations themselves.

use more of the game calculating formula's from the previous games

Heck no!

If FESD would've had FE3's dodge formula then it would have the best set of FE calculating formulas ever.

Also Metroid Zero Mission flopped so hard that even the GBA port of the original Metroid outsold it, so I don't want to see any inspiration taken from that.

Also Metroid Zero Mission flopped so hard that even the GBA port of the original Metroid outsold it, so I don't want to see any inspiration taken from that.

Just because a game flops doesn't make it bad though. Zero Mission is an awesome game. Short, but awesome.

Just because a game flops doesn't make it bad though. Zero Mission is an awesome game. Short, but awesome.

This. Absolutely this. When somebody suggested a possible analogue to Zero Mission, I seriously almost blew a gasket from excitement.

No. Your tactician is Jeigan. Deal.

FE5 had two tacticians. Why can't FE12 have two also? Maybe they could make it so that the tactician and Jeigan would have tactical discussions with each other and depending on whether or not the two can reach an agreement about strategy, then you would receive different levels of bonuses. For example, if you and him disagree all the time, then you would never be able to make a good strategy and your leadership bonus would go down. Additionally, if you would agree with him too much, it would show your incompetence as a strategist and your rank would also go down.

Heck no!

If FESD would've had FE3's dodge formula then it would have the best set of FE calculating formulas ever.

You disagree with what I said and then say something that agrees with what I said. You say you don't want to use old formulas, but then say to use FE3's formulas. I don't understand what you are trying to say here.

Metroid Zero Mission sold over 400000 copies which essentially means that the game was successful, not a flop. And where are you getting this information that the GBA port of the original Metroid outsold Zero mission? I would like to see the source of this (I couldn't find anything about the ports sales).

It shows that there is a big quantity of people who thought that it was bad enough to not buy it though.

If you think the only reason games don't sell is because they're bad then you're missing out on a HELL of a lot of good games. There are tons of games that are fantastic but sold badly due to bad marketing, bad timing of release, unreasonable pricing, complete lack of shipments (Shadow Dragon fell under this one) and so forth.

EarthBound, Okami, Metroid Fusion, Little King's Story, to name a few. There are lots more. Sure, some games sell badly because they're bad, but a lot of games sell fantastically despite the fact that they're bad (the latest Tony Hawk game for example), and vice versa.

The dumb thing is, Zero Mission included the original NES Metroid on the cartridge ANYWAY. I would suspect that Zero Mission sold badly due to lack of marketing and lack of shipments, or possibly because it was the dying days of the GBA.

Edited by Violet

Quality is such a subjective thing that the amount of people who buy it can be the only reliable measuring stick if something is bad or good. Sure, there are exceptions like the ones you've mentioned but they are usually in the minority and usually prove themselves years later as with EB's case.

Oh and FESD is one of the better selling FEs. It sold so well in Europe that Iwata briefly mentioned it in an investor meeting actually.

The dumb thing is, Zero Mission included the original NES Metroid on the cartridge ANYWAY.

Which makes it being outsold by GBA NES Metroid even iffier.

I think Pokémon FR/LG and HG/SS would make for a better analogy anyway.

Edited by Ike-Mike

Quality is such a subjective thing that the amount of people who buy it can be the only reliable measuring stick if something is bad or good.

you're right that quality is subjective, which is why it's silly to say that sales are a reliable measuring stick of quality. if i like a game that sells poorly, then am i wrong? or am i entitled to my own subjective preferences?

besides, as Violet said, sales are influenced by so many things other than what people actually think of the game itself.

I hope they keep the dancer :) I always liked dancers better than herons especially FE8's dancer because of the glitch to make her use stone.

I don't like reclassing in fact it is the only addition to the series that I hate but I don't mind if they keep it because I won't use it. I do like the reclassing in Fire Emblem 8 though, it felt more natural and fun to use.

I would like to see supports to get to know the personalities of the characters, everyone in SD felt so bland and boring with absolutely no personality. I think Maria was the only one that hinted a personality.

Marth is the worst lord in the series in terms of personality, I'd like to see a more polished Marth.

Magic tomes were all shared in the same rank in SD and I really don't like that, I would prefer they would go back to RD/PoR's style and seperate the wind, thunder, light etc or at least go like gba fire emblems and have dark, light and anima separate, I find it ridiculous to have Merric use a dark tome and have the dark mage use a light tome. Merric fits wind, Linde fits thunder, etc and keep it like that.

Thats probably all I want maybe a new class would nice ;). I'm sure i'll love this game, sd was the one i like the least but i still enjoyed it I'm sure they will pull more effort on this one.