FE 3: What You'd Like to See and What You'd Like to Return

Sure, but if almost everyone is missing the point then something should be done.

if "almost everyone" misses the point, then maybe missing the point isn't such a bad way to play?

besides, Shadow Dragon is the only game that explicitly rewards the type of gameplay that you claim the series is supposed to be about. in many of the other games, you're actually rewarded with a higher rank for "playing the game wrong." and all the games use characters other than the lord to recruit others, and sometimes having conversations with them yield you items. obviously, you'd be missing out on these if you let that character die.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in many of the other games, you're actually rewarded with a higher rank for "playing the game wrong."

You really think they weren't on drugs when they wrote up FE6-7 Funds rank?

As previously stated, I'd like the newer features (rescuing, different magic types, skills, etc.) to return. Also, I'd like to have additional chapters/characters. I never got around to playing FE3 due to hardware problems (and by 'hardware problems' I mean my computer essentially being a typewriter with a hamster wheel as a power source and me never cleaning it), but it seems to me like too many characters were put on a bus for seemingly no reason. I'd like the gaiden characters, especially, to make a comeback. More than anything else, I'd like to see more classes.

You really think they weren't on drugs when they wrote up FE6-7 Funds rank?

This.

I'd put in more weight in FE ranks if they wouldn't contradict themselves on every occasion.

I agree though that keeping everyone alive should be rewarded ... if it would be the FE equivalent of one-crediting an arcade game how it was supposed to be and not a commodity like it's today.

How bout the less characters you have, the easier the gaiden would be, and the opposite if you have more? It could make H5 (which will hopefully return) even harder to deal with.

On the Gaiden and forced mass suicide to get to them.

It isn't so much that its hard to do, its just tedious to do.

Am I using the unit? Not really.

Do I wanna go through the work setting them up to die to get to a Gaiden chapter? Not really.

I want the Gaiden chapters to be an accomplishment to get to again, like in 7. That you worked for getting into them via hurdles to overcome. Not wasting chapter turns murdering units. Having to rotate out units I wanted to level to make room for units to kill was annoying.

Each chapter was also ridiculously huge. Seisen has full countries as maps. Others have like one castle's land at best.

Yeah, countries that are nothing but a couple of castles and/or fortresses and hardly anything else.