Resource Allocation Topic

Even if that is true, she might as well just get to 20/0 so she isn't a failure, she won't be even apt for using a Physic so far in range, her durability would just be ridiculously awful.

You really aren't gonna get her durability to be salvaged doing that, and I doubt she'll miss the small bit of range in a move-constraining swamp, or the other two generally defensive maps.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing I can forsee being good about giving Micaiah exp is getting her to be a better resolve tanker in 1-9.

You should shove paragon on Jill or Zihark, the two units we'll actually be using long term from the DB (well, excluding Nolan). And the two who benefit most from it (Jill kicking Ike's arse in 3-13 + Zihark having better dodge tanking capabilities).

You really aren't gonna get her durability to be salvaged doing that, and I doubt she'll miss the small bit of range in a move-constraining swamp, or the other two generally defensive maps.

3-6 has RIVER, not swamp.

You think 3-6 has restricted move? All non-transformed laguz can go at least 2 squares in it. sothe and Micaiah can go 3 squares. They CAN NOT do this in swamp. Micaiah only encounters swamp in 1-8. That's it.

Anyway, a level 8/1 Micaiah has 6 or 7 range with Physic. A level 16/1 Micaiah has 10 range. Maybe significant, maybe not, but I'd rather have it than not. Level 20 is probably not necessary, though.

3-6 has RIVER, not swamp.

You think 3-6 has restricted move? All non-transformed laguz can go at least 2 squares in it. sothe and Micaiah can go 3 squares. They CAN NOT do this in swamp. Micaiah only encounters swamp in 1-8. That's it.

Anyway, a level 8/1 Micaiah has 6 or 7 range with Physic. A level 16/1 Micaiah has 10 range. Maybe significant, maybe not, but I'd rather have it than not. Level 20 is probably not necessary, though.

Resolve and a robe helps at least helps her in chapter 1-9, which is basically free EXP for her. Then again, I think that's a bit iffy since I know she can be OHKOd on occasion.

The only thing I can forsee being good about giving Micaiah exp is getting her to be a better resolve tanker in 1-9.

There are 2 problems with this. One is that Micaiah is the only unit accessible in 1-9 preparations, which means that giving her Resolve for 1-9 necessarily entails giving her (or no one) Resolve for 1-8, while other units can use it better. The other is that Micaiah just needs to be like 16/0 to survive 25 atk (a 1-8 Steel Lance soldier, since we didn't get 1-9 enemy stats), which is asking a lot, considering that we only got Paragon starting in 1-7. An Angelic Robe on Micaiah is a terrible idea. Additionally, a side effect of giving Micaiah Paragon in 1-7 and 1-8 is that she can't have Wrath.

Sothe and Zihark should be seeing so much more combat than Micaiah that their boosted EXP gains from Paragon should come close to matching her boosted EXP gains from Paragon.

Edited by dondon151

Not by much, but you actually get a chance to raise her HP/Def more, it'll help. Her durability gains upon promotion are also pretty sexy, so...yeah.

Micaiah is better off with Wrath-killing anyway. Although you can get away with 3/1/1 Micaiah, it's not a horrible idea to shove a little EXP in her. Nothing drastic like Level 16; before you call me out on that.

Not by much, but you actually get a chance to raise her HP/Def more, it'll help. Her durability gains upon promotion are also pretty sexy, so...yeah.

+2 HP, +3 def does not mean anything when you are still 2HKO'd by cats and OHKO'd by tigers after applying those bonuses.

+2 HP, +3 def does not mean anything when you are still 2HKO'd by cats and OHKO'd by tigers after applying those bonuses.

There are enemies who have 2-range attacks, and that's in 3-12, where there are also Falco Knights who can get through your wall of NPCs, and your other characters will be dealing with the other side of enemies, so that's why it's risky having her with such low stats.

There are 2 problems with this. One is that Micaiah is the only unit accessible in 1-9 preparations, which means that giving her Resolve for 1-9 necessarily entails giving her (or no one) Resolve for 1-8, while other units can use it better. The other is that Micaiah just needs to be like 16/0 to survive 25 atk (a 1-8 Steel Lance soldier, since we didn't get 1-9 enemy stats), which is asking a lot, considering that we only got Paragon starting in 1-7. An Angelic Robe on Micaiah is a terrible idea. Additionally, a side effect of giving Micaiah Paragon in 1-7 and 1-8 is that she can't have Wrath.

Which unit uses it better? It is very similar to giving her wrath, except it gets her better durability, might let her double (haven't checked the numbers) so her ORKO rate's the same... Tbh, it's perfectly forseeable that resolve is actually better for her than wrath is IMO.

Sothe and Zihark should be seeing so much more combat than Micaiah that their boosted EXP gains from Paragon should come close to matching her boosted EXP gains from Paragon.

Indeed, which is why I said you should slap it on Jill or Zihark instead as tehy'll benefit from it more.

Don't get me, wrong, I'm agreeing with you. Just throwing out a(or the) situation where paragon can be useful for Micaiah.

Edited by Kirsche

Which unit uses it better? It is very similar to giving her wrath, except it gets her better durability, might let her double (haven't checked the numbers) so her ORKO rate's the same... Tbh, it's perfectly forseeable that resolve is actually better for her than wrath is IMO.

Not really. A level 10 Micaiah has 10 speed, so even with Resolve active she doesn't double anything in Chapter 1-7 except a couple of Armours she's almost OHKOing anyway. Whereas putting the same Resolve on say, Nolan, who has 13-14AS, gives him 19-21AS after it procs, enough to double everything and he still has enough durability to take one hit, as well as fixing his often unreliable accuracy. Or Jill, or even Aran, who only needs about level 13 to reach 18 AS with Resolve, enough to double quite a lot.

In addition, Resolve does give Micaiah better durability, but she still gets OHKOed by everything on the map, so we can't expose her.

Indeed, which is why I said you should slap it on Jill or Zihark instead as tehy'll benefit from it more.

Don't get me, wrong, I'm agreeing with you. Just throwing out a(or the) situation where paragon can be useful for Micaiah.

Jill can't take it.

Paragon!Micaiah is a waste of time. Sure, it *can* be useful for her, but giving her a small benefit in exchange for screwing over Sothe and Zihark is not good play. She doesn't kill enough to get a lot of exp out of it, and it's never going to be enough to salvage her speed or durability, so why bother?

Just listing my own thoughts on the subject:

The dracoshield, energy drop, and dual seraph robes you get in part 1 should all be dropped on either Jill or Volug. Not sure which would be the best. They both have their pros and cons. The best GM's don't really need them and no one else makes as good of use of these items as they do. The speed wings should all go to GM and to either Haar/Titania. Sell the rest of the useless stat boosters like the arm scrolls/ashera icon.

Zihark's adept isn't really all that useful in part 3. I'd say transfer it to GM's. Nephenee/Titania would love a second adept after Mia gets first dibs on Soren's. Heck maybe Heather could use it along with the beastslayer, the Pt. 2 energy drop, and a early crowning. Not efficient at all but she does have high speed.

Paragon should always go to GM's but if not it is definitely going to Jill cause she doesn't need supports to slaughter laguz/Ike and doesn't have to deal with gauge issues. Celerity is always going to GM's. Hammer/Wyrmslayers are also good for GM's. Pass saves time for GM's so that's a definite ship. Resolve is iffy. Definitely useful to DB but GM has more chapters to make use of it. Wrath is quite the waste on Eddie... yet not really all that great elsewhere. Micaiah is pretty damn consistent with Thani and heals for the most part during part 3. So who cares about wrath. Cancel should go to GM's.

Read the link in Interceptors sig about how the GM's need no money in regards to gems and the like. Although they can still help out. It's pretty much the blue gem that's going if we are transferring money.

BTW I think we should consider always wasting a master seal on Ilyana just so she can transfer more stuff to the GM's via actually equipping skills like Celerity.

Discipline/Parity/Beastfoe/Vantage are all staying DB.

Edited by Mr. Francis York Morgan

I'd be wary about assuming that Ike is going to go down easy. If Part 3 is being played efficiently, by the time the DB gets a whack at him he's going to be level-capped in tier 2 with his SPD abused higher than his average. In my playthough, I was facing an Ike with 30 AS, aka it was impossible for tier 2 Jill to not get doubled by him, which is kind of scary.

It's a shame that Sleep from an under-leveled Laura is so unreliable on him, because holy crap would that make it easy to take him down.

Nobody in tier 1 is equipping Resolve, unless they are Micaiah.

What about Edward or Nolan? Edward can actually double with it, and makes better use of it since Micaiah won't be dodging much when enemies still have high Hit rates.

Congratulations Mr. York, for repeating things that have already been stated in the OP.

Also, Ike is obviously hard to take down, I wouldn't think he would be. If you have a 30 AS Ike in mind, obviously you will need Resolve to make hm far easier.

Like a WrathxResolve Eddie

@Soul: He says that because they can't actually equip Resolve, they don't have the capacity.

Besides, Eddie already doubles. Maybe not like Sothe or Zihark consistant, but it's not like he's never able to.

Edited by Master Tang

What about Edward or Nolan? Edward can actually double with it, and makes better use of it since Micaiah won't be dodging much when enemies still have high Hit rates.

You need 15 capacity to use Resolve. First tier units only have 15, and Shove takes up 5 of that. Which means, in layman's terms, no dice.

Edited by Ein Lanford

I'd be wary about assuming that Ike is going to go down easy. If Part 3 is being played efficiently, by the time the DB gets a whack at him he's going to be level-capped in tier 2 with his SPD abused higher than his average. In my playthough, I was facing an Ike with 30 AS, aka it was impossible for tier 2 Jill to not get doubled by him, which is kind of scary.

It's a shame that Sleep from an under-leveled Laura is so unreliable on him, because holy crap would that make it easy to take him down.

I'm assuming it's tier 3 Jill with paragon/parity to level up on the laguz prior to him. Not sure if she can equip both. If not I'd suggest paragon simply for the chance to power level speed up. I have this uber transfer for Jill that I always use so I'm definitely biased. And doesn't Ike only have 27 speed as his cap at tier 2? Or is that just his average?

Congratulations Mr. York, for repeating things that have already been stated in the OP.[/Quote]

Congratulations, Mr. Yang. Your OP was full of flawed setups and inefficient tactics. Forgive me for not bringing them up.

Edited by Mr. Francis York Morgan

I'm assuming it's tier 3 Jill with paragon/parity to level up on the laguz prior to him. Not sure if she can equip both. If not I'd suggest paragon simply for the chance to power level speed up. I have this uber transfer for Jill that I always use so I'm definitely biased. And doesn't Ike only have 27 speed as his cap at tier 2? Or is that just his average?

Ike's speed cap is 30. 27 is only his average. Oh, and unless Jill is third tier, Paragon and Parity is a no go.

Edited by Ein Lanford

Congratulations, Mr. Yang. Your OP was full of flawed setups and inefficient tactics. Forgive me for not bringing them up.

Ok, you both got an insult in. No retaliation, please, GJ.

Wasn't planning on it.

Anyways, I should mention I added Illyana's Shade to the Part 1 People's Skills, because as a King Soren pointed out to me through a PM that I had forgotten it. Then again, seems everyone else has, so I thought I'd point it out.

Wasn't planning on it.

Anyways, I should mention I added Illyana's Shade to the Part 1 People's Skills, because as a King Soren pointed out to me through a PM that I had forgotten it. Then again, seems everyone else has, so I thought I'd point it out.

Yep, I forgot about that. However, if we want to go that route...

Nolan's Nihil.

Volug's Howl.

Vika's shriek.

Granted for part 1 Ilyana's shade may be the best of the 4, but it's still a bunch of forgotten skills.

Part 2 the skills can't be moved, so the only important thing is the ones that come in scroll form when you first get them, which I think you mentioned (though I haven't checked if you got them all written).

Wasn't planning on it.

Sorry about the insult.

You guys were right anyway on Jill having a hard time speed wise vs Ike. I thought Jill's cap was higher than 25 so it would be easier to gain the speed to pull off the double. It doesn't really matter that much though since she can still reach him fairly early on with paragon/beastfoe as skills and 2RKO-3RKO his ass and then canto back into range so Laura can heal with psychic.

Yep, I forgot about that. However, if we want to go that route...

Nolan's Nihil.

Volug's Howl.

Vika's shriek.

Granted for part 1 Ilyana's shade may be the best of the 4, but it's still a bunch of forgotten skills.

Part 2 the skills can't be moved, so the only important thing is the ones that come in scroll form when you first get them, which I think you mentioned (though I haven't checked if you got them all written).

I'll mention them as Sellables, though I'm sure Nihil could be used for perhaps nullifying some of Ike's benefits in Part 3, and then Part 4s obvious uses. However, before I get to Nolan's Nihil, I wanna see if there are other things whre Nihil would help.

Do most of yall kill ike on 3-13 or just sit back and play defense? and since Ike is so powerful do you just dump all your speedwings energy drops etc. on jill or someone like that?

another question i have is, do you find it necessary to give jill an energy drop or just forge her iron weapon, i did both on my current PT