1. 1. Which is least versatile?

• Fire
    • Water/Ice
    • Wind
    • Earth
    • Lightning
    • Light
    • Shadow
    • Space/Time distortion. (Can't believe I forgot this...)

In terms of damn near anything. Utility, Offense, Defense, Parties, whatever comes to mind.

ANYTHING YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE THAT MIGHT EVEN ONLY SLIGHTLY PERTAIN TO THE ELEMENT SHOULD AND WILL BE INCLUDED IN IT.

I myself am bouncing around fire and Earth. Both seem very plain usually.

Edited by SlaveBlade

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys have little imagination if you think it's earth.

Hell, I would be well off with just 'rock'.

If we're talking just the main four, then it probably would be fire. Without certain clauses for self protection, You can't use it well as a shield or close by for offense.

EDIT: The Poll shows more options than the main 4, though. In this case, I'll probably have to go with lightning. Effective use would like require high intelligence when you really consider it.

Edited by bunny: Now with Pancakes

Not to be nitpicky, but lightning, light, shadows and space aren't elements. Lighting is a sub-element.

My poll, my rules. Light/Shadow/Lightning/Space are elements in my book, games just tend to group Wind/lightning, and Shadow/Space together for convenience's sake. not saying there's no sense in the clumping, but in my book, separate elements, through and through.

Not to be nitpicky, but lightning, light, shadows and space aren't elements. Lighting is a sub-element.

While I wouldn't discredit 'light' or 'lightning'(though I'd probably call it electricity), 'darkness is just the absence of light. I suppose you could have the power to steal light, but I personally don't see the need for both, especially when one is limited anyway.

Also, needs moar time. Sure, it's broken, but so is space.

While I wouldn't discredit 'light' or 'lightning'(though I'd probably call it electricity), 'darkness is just the absence of light. I suppose you could have the power to steal light, but I personally don't see the need for both, especially when one is limited anyway.

Also, needs moar time. Sure, it's broken, but so is space.

I knew I forgot something...

I suppose you could have the power to steal light, but I personally don't see the need for both, especially when one is limited anyway.

That is the use of photokinesis, which isn't bending an element.

If you're considering Lightning a sub-element, I'd consider maybe Metal, or like Nature a sub-element of Earth. Hey kids! I can talk to animals and grow plants!

But I guess Light, name a specific thing it can do others can't. Besides maybe purify, holify (?), something.

That is the use of photokinesis, which isn't bending an element.

I know the nuances. Comic book nerds would.

I'm just saying it's a vague element like power, so you may as well go for it. It'd probably lose on this list.

But I also gave my answer for the main four, which is fire. But alas, answers without debate is like lemons without a juicer. Merely a decoration.

If you're considering Lightning a sub-element, I'd consider maybe Metal, or like Nature a sub-element of Earth. Hey kids! I can talk to animals and grow plants!

But I guess Light, name a specific thing it can do others can't. Besides maybe purify, holify (?), something.

Well, light is generally associated with Purging undead, healing, and in some cases blinding. I suppose you could make up some weird form of camouflage by bending the light around you as well, so... I dunno. It's also (IMO) kind of like fire at times, since some things like to do Light rays that burn the shit out of you.

I'm just saying it's a vague element like power, so you may as well go for it. It'd probably lose on this list.

But I also gave my answer for the main four, which is fire. But alas, answers without debate is like lemons without a juicer. Merely a decoration.

You want a debate? Well, I can try....

You say fire is the least versatile? Well... Let's take a look at it for a second.

Fire burns things.

It can be a light source.

The source of heat in extreme cold temperatures.

Can be used for welding/forging I guess.

Well, I say you put forth your argument before I can continue.

Wood is a sub-element, not nature.

I am pretty much the contrary of a comic book nerd, I just happen to know decent ammount of metaphysical knowledge.

Anyway, SlaveBlade, pay me no mind, I am irrelevant to your topic. =P

You want a debate? Well, I can try....

You say fire is the least versatile? Well... Let's take a look at it for a second.

Fire burns things.

It can be a light source.

The source of heat in extreme cold temperatures.

Can be used for welding/forging I guess.

Well, I say you put forth your argument before I can continue.

Nah, it's not that I want a debate. Just surprised at what one might choose to discuss in a topic such as this.

But at the end of the day, the ability to manipulate fire and the ability to withstand fire are two different things, regardless of how understated that concept is. If your about to be shot, and fire is your element of choice, you will more than likely bleed or burn. Have fun being probed by the government.

Oh, and I was just saying that I'M a comic book nerd. Granted, I've always found elementalists a bit limited, but they're fairly under utilized anyway.

I am pretty much the contrary of a comic book nerd, I just happen to know decent ammount of metaphysical knowledge.

Hahahaha.

No really, that's pretty funny.

Edited by Esau of Isaac

Well if we are talking like Avatar the Last Airbender element powers then I would have to say Earth.

Also in games earth seems to just be like hitting people with rocks or dirt or making a wall. Not very much going on there.

Well, I'm an ice/shadow elemental, so those two are out.

Besides, Ice has shatter regeneration and shadow lets you dematerialize.

And rock/earth? All you can do is move stuff around and cause earthquakes. Weak, boring, and sort of... one-track.

Well, I'm an ice/shadow elemental, so those two are out.

Besides, Ice has shatter regeneration and shadow lets you dematerialize.

And rock/earth? All you can do is move stuff around and cause earthquakes. Weak, boring, and sort of... one-track.

Boring, one-track... maybe.

Weak? Hell no.