1. 1. Which is least versatile?

• Fire
    • Water/Ice
    • Wind
    • Earth
    • Lightning
    • Light
    • Shadow
    • Space/Time distortion. (Can't believe I forgot this...)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People think too much of light from what I've seen. In games it's almost always used as the holy element and the only thing it's said to be really effective against is shadow. Of course if you're talking about actual light rays and stuff i suppose you could blind people but.... it's still pretty weak. As a weapon of all do-gooders it's just kinda cliched and overused for my liking.

Shadow on the other hand, represents the gray area in everyone, and it isn't just limited to the paladin types and all (oots reference anyone?).

People think too much of light from what I've seen. In games it's almost always used as the holy element and the only thing it's said to be really effective against is shadow. Of course if you're talking about actual light rays and stuff i suppose you could blind people but.... it's still pretty weak. As a weapon of all do-gooders it's just kinda cliched and overused for my liking.

Shadow on the other hand, represents the gray area in everyone, and it isn't just limited to the paladin types and all (oots reference anyone?).

Neither is light... >_> And I gave some nice examples of how versatile light can be earlier... But your opinion is valid and I will respect it.

/sarcasm

Control of everyone's vision feels weak to you?

Also, Beowulf from Devil May Cry 3. Most powerful weapon, and it was a brutal boss if you weren't careful. LIGHT Elemental. Demonic boss with Light powers, Badass with a Light elemental weapon, etc...

Well that's a new one, never really played a game where the light character has ever been anything close to badass. Thanks for giving an example, makes me wish I had a PS2.

Here's some pics.

[spoiler=Beowulf pics]Weapon

dmc3beowulfweapon_2.gif

Boss (For reference, Dante is about 3/4 the size of his leg). And yes, he is missing his left eye.

275px-Beowulf.gif

Earth. It's mainly create a block of stone. Hide. Throw boulders. Hide. Create a fissure. Hide behind wall.

However, if you include the natural world such as plants in the earth description, then it'd be highly versatile, as you can now entangle, whip, poison, and assault people with thorns.