1. 1. Which is least versatile?

• Fire
    • Water/Ice
    • Wind
    • Earth
    • Lightning
    • Light
    • Shadow
    • Space/Time distortion. (Can't believe I forgot this...)

Well, I was going to try this game called Real Life. Decided against it when I discovered that you only get one life, there are no continues, and no matter what you do, you always die in the end.

You're just "doin' it wrong".

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow Soul!

You only tell me that like... every 5 minutes! You'd think I'd learn that I'm doing it wrong by now, but hey, I'm clearly far too clueless to ever see it. Thanks... :)

I'm gonna make a list.

Fire === Ice

Lightning/Electricity === Water

Earth/Rock === Wind

Shadow/Dark/Necromancy === Light

Steel/Metal === Wood/Nature

Mysterious Space Element

I kinda think the elements on the left are the masculine ones, the right, feminine.

Ice/Wood/WindMAN would like a word with you, sir....

Wow Soul!

You only tell me that like... every 5 minutes! You'd think I'd learn that I'm doing it wrong by now, but hey, I'm clearly far too clueless to ever see it. Thanks... :)

wat

Ice/Wood/WindMAN would like a word with you, sir....

I didn't say that it's strictly masc/fem. I said out of that pair, ones are more masculine and ones are more feminine.

Edited by psychout50

Well I see it like this: Shadow is the opposite/polar element of Light.

Light=Holy=Good

Therefore: Shadow=Opposite of Light=Evil

Light =/= Good. Holy =/= Good. Therefore Opposite of Light =/= Evil.

Anyway, I consider Earth mainly in the 'ground/rock' sense. Earth the soil, not Earth the planet. Gaia, now, THERE'S a versatile element my friend.

Edited by Furetchen Arrowroot

Well, I was going to try this game called Real Life. Decided against it when I discovered that you only get one life, there are no continues, and no matter what you do, you always die in the end.

This is the first time I XD'd at your catch phrase.

I think I'll jump on the Earth wagon. What can you do with Earth? Summon rocks and dirt? Boooring. Fire is kinda limited too, but at least summoning fire looks cool.

If Earth included plant life, then it might be more worthwhile.

Lightning/Shadow will always be the best though.

Yes. Wrapping up knowledge of superpowers in the term "metaphysics" is pretty hilarious in and of itself.

And how was I supposed to know he was mixing it in with fiction? Oh wait, the addition of "space" and "light" should've proven enough. *Sigh*

And how was I supposed to know he was mixing it in with fiction? Oh wait, the addition of "space" and "light" should've proven enough. *Sigh*

I'm genuinely curious as to what you possibly find to not be fiction, here.

This is the first time I XD'd at your catch phrase.

I think I'll jump on the Earth wagon. What can you do with Earth? Summon rocks and dirt? Boooring. Fire is kinda limited too, but at least summoning fire looks cool.

If Earth included plant life, then it might be more worthwhile.

Lightning/Shadow will always be the best though.

Well, I kind of meant for these elements to be all-encompassing, just, ANYTHING you can think of that would pertain to it.

I'm genuinely curious as to what you possibly find to not be fiction, here.

Everything on that list, of course. Despite a few of them not being elements, it doesn't mean they aren't real.

Everything on that list, of course. Despite a few of them not being elements, it doesn't mean they aren't real.

None of them are (really) elements, and any kinesis ability related to them are not real.

Edited by Esau of Isaac

I dunno. Earth's solidness and your ability to sculpt it may be more versatile than people are giving it credit for. It's not like you can build as many things with the other elements. Are you ever gonna make a fire pyramid?

Wind, on the other hand, strikes me as epically boring and is mostly used to just throw stuff around and cut through shit. A gust of wind isn't what I would call visually exciting, either.

eh, Fire is probably the least useful when you think about all its aspects and what you think it can do, other stuff does that

it provides heat

so does lightning for that matter, in fact, the static discharge and heat from a lightning bolt can cause combustion, thus causing fire; likewise, control over time/space to the point of molecular speeds can also produce the same effect, simply speed up molecular speeds to the point of combustion ala Piper Halliwell's second power~ Charmed FTW

it can weld/forge

so can lightning for the same reason stated above

it's um...soothing

for comforting purposes, so can light and wind achieve the same effects

well it lights things up

so can light, lightning and even if one were to use shadow power to move shadows elsewhere

anyway, people underestimate the value of Earth, is what I'm seeing here

Earth (and also wind, water and time/space to varying degrees) can of course cause the ground or objects to move, but if you consider all the things this can practically be used for, such as building shelter for one's self, creating barriers and therefore saving your hide from an otherwise fatal circumstance, one might think of earth power differently

don't even get me started on how important Earth would be in the long run were we to include wood/flower power as well (mainly in stabilizing ecosystems for wildlife and by proxy, human life as well); but in a way, all elements are useful and needed, but fire, I feel, is not quite more versatile or important than earth, in fact, I consider it the least since it actually can be created by lightning and sustained or even otherwise put out by wind (since flames require air--oxygen, to continue burning)

and likewise I think wind/air could be considered one of the two most vital elements next to water since both, if absent, would quickly lead to the end of one's life (air and water being very important to all life as we know it)

it's all my opinion though, take it as you will~

If we were talking about a battle royale of the other superpowers, I'd say spacetime control (since it's on the list >__>) would probably be the most useful, however. There are certain areas that could, depending on how they are applied, make each other power's use impossible. Fire probably wouldn't work in wet conditions, water wouldn't work on inland areas (unless we push each of these abilities pretty far), Earth wouldn't work high in the air or the middle of the ocean, and air wouldn't work in a vacuum. All but fire seem to be very susceptible to uselessness outside of Earth, as well (unless we take Earth to be less literal). What if a battle takes place in the middle of outer space? All of them are boned except for the person with fire. Well, even they're fucked since there's no oxygen. But I don't know, people controlling fire always seem to be able to randomly produce it, and ones that can't are always fucking lame, so...

But I mean, you can't really get away from space and time. So picking manipulation of that is pretty much a straight victory here, unless it's really minute. Even then, I could still think of some pretty devilish ways to fuck someone up with it. It's kind of silly.

Edited by Esau of Isaac