World Cup 2010

burning_phoneix

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the World Cup?

• Spain
    • Brazil
    • Netherlands
    • Argentina
    • France
    • Germany
    • England
    • Uruguay
    • Italy
    • Portugal
    • Other (Please mention in post)

Our whole house started screaming in joy. Even my Ukrainian friend. It was epic!

I saw the ending of the game at my school, you should've seen everyone around me that was watching it along with all the times they could've scored a goal but didn't. Even I got a little ecstatic when I saw that goal.

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fun Fact: I said Beat meaning won, not beat meaning score a goal :awesome:

I was multitasking at the time, hence the mixup between goals and score, and even with that snarky correction you got my point and my point still stands. The US also beat Slovenia (though we were cheated out of the last goal.) We're no more a favorite than England. So...

Anyway, England should not a favorite. Not until they actually consistently play well.

And what's homosexual about crying?

EDIT: FUCK YEAH OEZIL YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

GO AUSTRALIA YEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

Soo happy. Every team I wanted to win today did. <3

Edited by Crystal Shards

And even if England beats Germany, how exactly do they plan on beating Argentina (let's get real, Mexico isn't beating Argentina)? USA should beat Ghana, and could potentially beat Uruguay (and would beat South Korea).

USA goes farther than England. Calling it now.

Soo happy. Every team I wanted to win today did. <3

Not for me, I wanted Serbia and Slovenia to advance(When I mean Slovenia advancing I mean advancing through beating England and not have the US out, seeing as USA making it to the end would be actually rather interesting). Since Croatia isn't in this cup I might as well hope one Slavic country makes it far into the cup.

And even if England beats Germany, how exactly do they plan on beating Argentina (let's get real, Mexico isn't beating Argentina)? USA should beat Ghana, and could potentially beat Uruguay (and would beat South Korea).

USA goes farther than England. Calling it now.

Oh you'll see my friend, you'll see, I believe in miracles and unexpected stuff, Mexico is going to beat Argentina..... sigh.... I'm really hoping for a miracle here :(

Someone missed World Cup 2002 apparently...

I forgot how bad they did in 2002.

Too bad I lost the USA game. Looked like it was very awesome.

Now England is fucked, unless they show what they really came for.

Also, USA vs Brazil in the semi-finals (hopefully). Awesome.

I liked their last match. Specially Brazil's epic comeback on the 2nd half.

USA are a vastly better team than England. Hope they go far. It's a shame the English managed to pull off the win, albeit in a game that was likely more boring than Rudd's speech today. Us beating Serbia by distinctly not enough is a very Australian result, I must say. Pretty much perfect, in fact.

Oh, yeah. Julia Gillard is now our PM. Female, unmarried, and Welsh. Hell yes.

Edited by Furetchen Arrowroot

I hope Paraguay and New Zealand draw 1-1, Italy and Slovakia draw 0-0, and NZ goes through on virtue of scoring more goals. Then the Dutch can proceed to kick New Zealand's ass. I will lol if that happens.

Why do people continue to underestimate Ghana? They're better than Algeria and Slovenia by miles and no one believed me when I said they'd make the second round.

USA have to bring their A game to beat Ghana yet everyone here seems to think the US already qualified to the round of 8.

Ghana has shown that they are definitely not to be underestimated. The USA is going to have to really focus if they want to defeat Ghana. They lost four years ago (I was at that game actually) and they have a very good chance of losing this weekend. With Ghana they can't get away with missing as many close shots as they did with Algeria.

England needs to play consistently well in order to beat Germany. Rooney needs to be on top of his game and I really recommend the coach let Rooney and J Cole work together. Germany's going to have Klose back and they're going to be out to win. They've played consistently well this tournament, even when they were down to ten men. So yeah. I dunno how big of a chance England has, looking at how they've played so far in the tournament.

I wish I got to watch the Italy vs Slovakia game but goddamn classes prevented me.

If possible, watch the second half. It's the most intense shit ever.

Shame New Zealand didn't make it, but being higher than Italy more than makes up for it.

(I really should feel bad, having grown up in an Italian district. But fuck it. SLOVAKIAAAA)

Shame New Zealand didn't make it, but being higher than Italy more than makes up for it.

(I really should feel bad, having grown up in an Italian district. But fuck it. SLOVAKIAAAA)

You should thank De Rossi for pulling a Cerezo.

NIHON- ! NIHON- !!

F**k yeah, Japan qualified ! They totally dominated in the match against Denmark. Too bad Kawashima couldn't completly stop that penalty. At least the one team I actually supported (no, France DOESN'T count ; well, at least it's funny to see them currently get ripped apart by the French supporters, press and politicians XD) gets a pass, that's good. :)