World Cup 2010

burning_phoneix

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the World Cup?

• Spain
    • Brazil
    • Netherlands
    • Argentina
    • France
    • Germany
    • England
    • Uruguay
    • Italy
    • Portugal
    • Other (Please mention in post)

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Germany are better and more exciting. Netherlands haven't won before and deserve credit for beating the ol' BBB (Boring Bloody Brasil).

Take your pick.

Then again we are assuming both Spain and Uruguay lose, which might not happen.

True, but ... Uruguay kinda lucked out at every stage to get to the semis. The Netherlands outlasted Brazil. Spain aren't performing. Germany definitely are.

Edited by Yossarian

We shouldn't underestimate both of them. Uruguay lucked out against a quite strong opponent, it's not like Netherlands would shit on Ghana and take names either.

Spain is a weird one. Sure most of their scores have been 1-0, but we never know what might happen

We shouldn't underestimate both of them. Uruguay lucked out against a quite strong opponent, it's not like Netherlands would shit on Ghana and take names either.

Spain is a weird one. Sure most of their scores have been 1-0, but we never know what might happen

True, but Uruguay qualified due to offside, topped wartorn* France and pretty decent SAfrica and Mexico to face off against SKorea and then almost lose to Ghana. They haven't exactly waltzed through, but the other sides have played at least one favourite (if you count SpainvPortugal. Germany have played two if you count England. I don't, though.)

Nah they're sc-*has sudden Euro 2004 flashback* NOOOOO

Okay, it wouldn't be that bad were they to win, but ... still.

*metaphorically speaking.

Edited by Yossarian

True, but Uruguay qualified due to offside, topped wartorn* France and pretty decent SAfrica and Mexico to face off against SKorea and then almost lose to Ghana. They haven't exactly waltzed through, but the other sides have played at least one favourite (if you count SpainvPortugal. Germany have played two if you count England. I don't, though.)

Suure, Uruguay had the most shaky performance of all the 4, but Netherlands didn't play expectacularly until now. We haven't seen a gamebreaking match from them in this Cup.

God the Spain Paraguay game was terrible. Anyone who thinks they're gonna take Germany has been taking too much LSD.

As for Holland, I expect them to beat Uruguay but I wouldn't be terribly surprised if Uruguay won. If Uruguay can shut Sneijder down they should be good.

I'm still calling a Germany-Netherlands final though. I think it'd be epic considering the rivalry.

Edited by Crystal Shards

Well, Van Persie didn't touch the ball, so it's up for the lineman's interpretation, if his positioning did affect the outcome or not.

The goalie needs to like...not anticipate the direction. Muslera and Kingson both did it in the 1/4 finals, now Stekelenburg does it.

The ball had a mean swerve on it. Guess that's why Stekelenburg misjudged it.