(FE7) Drafting Tourney 2

BBM

Meteor, you know you don't have to go to the village to recruit Priscilla, right? Just have Erk survive the chapter. I am really regretting picking Eliwood now, should have picked Fiora. Anyway, good luck to all. I would have to say that psychout's team is the weakest, and he is going to level Serra more than Bartre to get Karel easier, and he adds on another 4 turns getting Canas. And he is screwed for Crazed Beast, as am I.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually he'll only get Nils Final Chapter. VoD he's unselectable. I'm on Chapter 13 right now, Matthew keeps getting killed. I know I shouldn't, but I kinda want to go to 13x and get Merlinus earlier. I'll post turn count tomarrow.

Edited by psychout50

Just wondering, are we going to be allowed to buy stuff with undrafted characters? I'm currently in one on Gamefaqs, and people have been penalized for visiting a village and buying stuff with undrafted characters. However, I noticed Aquilae has used undrafted characters to buy stuff.

Should we make an exemption to this rule for this tournament, as this was never really clearly mentioned?

Oh and psychout, Nils must take part in VoD...

Edited by General_Horace

The question was raised in the last topic, and answered in the following posts:

Another query: Can we field undrafted units and have them go around doing the shopping and visiting villages?

I'd love to hear this answer too. I'd been assuming a strict interpretation, and that when he said they were available for weapons storage that meant that they were just allowed to move and such. In order to get the weapons off the drafted unit must use their trade command, and not allow the undrafted unit to trade for them. I was also assuming shopping and visiting had to be done by the units you drafted as well, but perhaps my assumptions are incorrect.

Villages must be visited by drafted characters if visited at all. Shopping I'm undecided on, to tell the truth. I'm thinking it's OK because just because Lowen (if he's undrafted) buys something from the armoury, it doesn't mean that Hector can't buy the same thing. Villages are one time things. Trading stuff is also allowed as long as that unit doesn't enter combat with a weapon designed to attack another unit.

You know what I mean.

That's great to hear, I would have taken a 12 / 16 turn penalty if that wasn't allowed =P

Anyway, Chapter 22 is done. That chapter is cursed, I swear. About 15 resets total because my characters can't dodge. Also my video got corrupted so I had to redo the first few turns.

I got 11 turns, because going for Sealen while going for the 10k G chest is too risky. Marcus needs to be there to protect Legault.

Kinship's Bond was probably the single most difficult chapter to complete, if I remember correctly. Especially so if you're trying for an early clear. Noble Lady of Caelin was a close second, though.

For reference, these are the videos for when I 6 turned Noble Lady of Caelin. It took a good while to complete, and that's an understatement.

2 parts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UI5jCpm0KA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58W4erOUFJs

Hope it gives people extra ideas on how to roll through this one.

Chapters 23 and 24 are up. 9 Turns (courtesy of the Shaman reinforcements) and 2 turns respectively.

Also, I didn't find Noble Lady of Caelin as much of a pain as I did with Kinship's Bond. Once I let go of Wil, Sain's half went well, Marcus and Hector didn't have much problems with the other side while Oswin attracted stragglers to relieve pressure on my main army. However, earlygame with such a small roster really sucked, since my characters don't gain more EXP due to Marcus soloing everything IN THE NAME OF EFFICIENCY.

I completed Chapter 11 in 7 turns. I'm uploading the video on Youtube. I started about half an hour ago. I'm 9% through and 353 minutes away. :)

Basically, Hector destroyed the wall in 2 turns, then on my third turn, Hector gets a critical on the Archer, and the Soldier hits Hector, but kills himself on Enemy Phase. Turn 4 consists of moving both of them to the left, and Hector using a Vulnerary. The Thief gets the Red Gem. Turn 5, Matthew opens the door, and Hector moves to the space below the door. The Thief opens the door north of the chest room. Turn 6, Hector equips the Wolf Beil and moves far enough to attack Wire on my next turn, and Matthew moves back right. On the enemy phase, the Soldier misses and suicides into Hector, the Archer attacks him and hits, and the Thief moves to the up and right, presumably to go unlock the door below the starting position. Turn 7, Hector attacks Wire and gets hit, while Matthew steals the Red Gem from the Thief. Turn 7 enemy phase, Wire attacks Hector and misses, thankfully, and gets killed.

The critical on the Archer probably saved me a turn.

Hector got to level 3, and procced 2 HP, 1 STR, 2 SKL, 1 LUK, and 1 RES. He got RES but not SPD. I was tempted to try to get better stats, but decided against it. It's not fun if you keep restarting trying to do better.

EDIT: The video upload failed twice. Screw it.

Edited by BigBangMeteor

Chapters 25 and 26 are done, in 5 and 11 turns respectively. Vaida has like, 26 displayed on Hawkeye on a peak? Too bad I couldn't kill her, she was left with 4 HP in the end. I managed to make it to the armory and buy Killers =)

These two will be up soon as soon as I finish compressing / uploading them.

EDIT: Okay... seems that I don't have a Restore Staff lying anywhere. CoD is going to be so much fun with Hawkeye / Marcus / Pent solo >_> Unless I can somehow get one in PFoD Jerme (I don't really think so), I'm screwed for CoD and Sands of Time >_<

EDIT 2: There isn't... *rages* Could have been worse though, at least I have Pent (16 Res), Louise & Marcus (12 Res) and Hawkeye (10 Res), and I can try statusing these guys so I'm not totally screwed. But still... =/

Chapters 27 and 28 done, 19 turns and 15 turns respectively. Jerme's chapter takes far longer than Kenneths due to the different layout and goal. Chapter 27 Jerme is a rout chapter which means that I'm pretty much screwed turncounts wise, as I drafted Guy >_>

Chapter 28 was too easy once I killed of Ursula. I didn't know about that until I watched Bal's attempt at it, and killing off Ursula stops the reinforcements which makes the chapter a joke. I got a ton of lucky dodges, and Zephiel managed to survive the 4 enemies which barged into the throne room, and came out relatively unscathed.

Also, Chapter 29 next. Pent has S Staves, which means I can use Latona!!!!!!! YAY!!!

So anyway, only Marcus, Hawkeye, Pent and Louise have half-decent Res, so I'll pretty much have to take down the Valkyries using them. I don't know about the Druids though, I hope I'm not too badly screwed. Linus seems much easier than Lloyd due to lol16speed.

Edited by Aquilae

Chapter 12- 6 turns.

Didn't bother making a video this time, as uploading it failed so miserably the last time.

Basically, Matthew rescued Serra and Oswin traded his weapons to him and got the Red Gem. Oswin trudged slowly from there over the course of the chapter to the Armory, sold the Red Gem and bought an Iron Lance and a Bow. I figure I've got enough Iron Axes, and I don't need Swords. Hector parked himself on the Mountain killing and weakening stuff, while Marcus went right and up, killing the enemies in his path. Rebecca got absolutely no experience in this chapter, but got the Secret Book! Marcus attacked the boss on Turn 6, and the boss finished himself off on EP.

13 turns so far.

Chapter 27 - 13 turns

No Video because I wanted to get this over faster. I can't fast forward while recording the video since my computer can't take it, and the first six turns are very luck-dependent, I have to dodge basically all the status staffs which hit ~50% or lower, and the Valks dodge everything >_>

Pent got the Boots prior to the chapter.

Turn 1:

Heath moves left and kills a Shaman to lure in the first Valk. Pent Barriers him, and Sain kills another Shaman. Marcus is Rescue / Dropped by Hector and Hawkeye closer to the bridge. Everyone else moves left.

Heath dodges the Sleep Staff (~30% disp. hit) while Marcus kills off the Shaman. Heath kills off another Shaman.

Turn 2:

Sain kills the Valkyrie with a Brave Lance. Heath hits the other Valkyrie with a Javelin. Pent gives Sain a Javelin and Barriers him. Marcus heads up and blocks the other bridge.

Heath kills off quite a few Shamans and the Valkyrie. Pent dodges an Eclipse, Marcus kills a Monk.

Turn 3:

Sain kills the Eclipse Druid. Heath and Marcus drop him out of the Druids' range. Pent heals up Heath. Hawkeye moves into range of one of the Valkyries.

Sain kills off most of the Shamans, Hector is hit by a Purge.

Turn 4:

Pent grabs a Pure Water from Sain and uses it on himself. Sain grabs it back, and Marcus uses the remaining use of the Pure Water. Hector heals himself with an Elixir. Hawkeye kills off a Fortify Troubadour.

Pent kills off a few Shamans, Hector dodges a Bolting but gets hit by Purge again. Hawkeye kills one Valk with a crit, but gets hit twice by the other.

Pent dodges a Sleep.

Turn 5:

Heath kills off a Shaman, Hawkeye finishes off the Valkyrie. Sain kills the Nosferatu Druid, Pent heads up and Rescues Marcus allowing him to kill the Sleep Druid with a crit. Hector heals himself with a Vulnerary.

Heath and Sain finish off most of the Shamans. Heath dodges a Purge while Hawkeye dodges Bolting.

Turn 6:

Marcus kills the Sleep Valkyrie with a crit. Pent Rescues Marcus back to the forts in the middle of the map. Sain moves up into a forest, Heath retreats and uses an Elixir.

Hawkeye uses an Elixir, Hector, Guy and Legault retreat while Louise kills a Shaman.

Sain and Marcus kill a Druid and weaken several Valkyries, Marcus takes no damage from the Shamans. Sain dodges a Berserk, Pent a Silence and Louise another Berserk.

Turn 7:

Marcys and Heath kill a Valkyrie each, Sain kills the Sniper. Pent Barriers Heath. Louise kills a Shaman, Hector moves to the right and uses a Vulnerary while Hawkeye kills another Mage. Guy moves to the right and equips a Lancereaver.

Guy dodges Vaida's attack and kills a Wyvern. Heath kills off a Bishop and a few Monks, while Marcus kills a Shaman. Pent critkills a Hero, and Marcus counterkills a Valk. Hawkeye counterkills a Mage.

Turn 8:

Pent heads down and kills a Shaman. Marcus kills another and Sain Brave Lances a Valk. Heath kills another Valk. Louise takes down the last Valk with a crit.

Hawkeye kills a Wyvern, Hector recruits Vaida. Guy moves into a forest, Legault kills a Monk. Vaida trades away her spear and moves to the left.

Hector takes out a few Wyverns, Heath is hurt by Purge and the mages.

Turn 9:

Hawkeye kills a Wyvern. Pent kills a Mage allowing Louise to take out the Sage. Legault kills another Mage. Sain takes out a Shaman with his Brave Lance, moving in range of a Hero. Marcus and Heath take out two Shamans. Guy weakens a Wyvern, Hector retreats into a forest and uses a Vulnerary.

Louise gets attacked by a Hero, Hawkeye gets hit by Purge and Hector kills a few Wyverns.

Turn 10:

Heath kills a Purge Bishop. Louise, Pent and Legault take out the Hero. Sain moves up to deal with Linus, while Marcus kills a Monk. Hawkeye moves in range of the wyvern reinforcements, Hector and Guy kill two Javelin WKs.

Turn 11:

Heath takes out the Bishop, Sain gives Heath a Brave Lance and moves into Linus' range with a Killer Lance equipped. Pent, Hector and Hawkeye kill a WK each.

Sain hits Linus once for 12 damage.

Turn 12:

Hawkeye and Hector kill the WKs. Heath takes the Brave Lance and moves next to Linus and uses an Elixir. Sain retreats out of his range. Marcus visits the village for Warp.

Heath does 24 points of damage to Linus, Linus heals 6 HP.

Turn 13:

Vaida buys two Silver Lances and a Silver Axe, while Marcus buys a Thunder tome.

Heath and Sain finish Linus off.

Unit     Lv.Ex  HP  Str Skl Spd Luk Def Res Con  B   W
Hawkeye  09.93* 53  20  15  13  14  17  12  16   96  52
Hector   01.00* 36  19  12  16  08  18  10  15  174 100
Marcus   14.96* 41  18  18  16  11  12  13  11  277 186
Sain     08.16* 42  24  15  21  13  14  09  11  171  96
Heath    07.96* 58  23  18  19  11  15  06  10  100  64
Legault  20.00  35  10  20  20  07  09  06  09   56  23
Pent     10.00* 35  19  22  19  14  14  18  08   23  19
Louise   06.14* 29  14  14  17  16  09  13  06   31  17
Guy      06.00* 38  13  21  23  04  10  06  06  138  79

Also, for Chapter 30, can units other than Hector stand on Kaim's square and end the chapter?

Edited by Aquilae

So apparently you can only use Hector to take the throne, which is a shame since Hector takes forever to get himself there.

8 turns, with Hector and Heath. Hector took 8 turns going by the lower path then going up at the first turn, Heath reached Kaim in 6 and proceeded to violate him with the Axereaver.

Sands of Time completed, it didn't require as much resets as I thought it would. Only 3 staff users and they can't Berserk / Sleep any of my low-Res units, so it's all good. Also, Marcus' crit on Denning was certainly unexpected and very helpful. Like NoF, the chapter "ends" when you kill the boss.

Finished Chapter 32 and Light. Total turncount: 211. I'll be putting up the videos shortly.

Just for fun:

Unit     Lv.Ex  HP  Str Skl Spd Luk Def Res Con  B   W
Hawkeye  12.26* 55  21  15  14  14  17  14  16   96  52
RNG Blessing    +1  +0  -1  +1  -2  +2  +1      + 2

Hector   04.68* 39  19  14  17  08  19  10  15  174 100
RNG Blessing    -3  -1  -2  +1  -1  -1  -1      - 8

Marcus   18.09* 43  18  21  17  11  13  15  11  277 186
RNG Blessing    +1  -2  -2  +2  -2  -1  +2      - 4

Sain     12.23* 45  25  16  23  13  15  11  11  171  96
RNG Blessing    +0  +0  +0  +4  -2  -1  +4      + 5

Heath    16.27* 60  27  23  23  13  17  09  10  100  64
RNG Blessing    +0  +1  +0  +0  +0  -2  -1      - 2

Legault  20.00  35  10  20  20  17  09  06  09   56  23
RNG Blessing    +1  +0  +3  +0  +2  -1  +0      + 5

Pent     13.39* 36  20  23  20  15  15  19  08   23  19
RNG Blessing    -1  +0  -1  +0  -2  +2  +1      - 1

Louise   08.68* 30  16  14  18  17  09  14  06   31  17
RNG Blessing    +0  +2  -2  -1  +0  -1  +1      - 1

Guy      07.12* 39  13  21  24  14  10  06  06  138  79
RNG Blessing    -4  -2  +0  -2  +1  -1  +0      - 8

Edited by Aquilae

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone perhaps want to start a 3rd pool? I've never done HHM, but this seems like a fun idea.

Go ahead. I'll join the next one that goes up.

• 2 years later...

Most definitely not a necropost! Time to beat Horace! (haha)

Yeah. It's super choppy because I was fast-forwarding as I was playing and that translated to a bad video or something idk.

Edited by Thomas Raith