LoAF Character Ranking

Kanami

You don't need to find the posts. 90% of Helios posts are insults, horse troubles, or popping up to talk to someone about whatever's going on. The other 10% is bad dreams or flashbacks.

@ Kai

Advice:

Read/study/learn from the following posting styles:

Bal's

Kiryn's

Whistler's

Mine

Here's why. We're notorious for establishing context, which I've noticed you sometimes do yourself. Nonetheless, Helios would be more interesting if he didn't just show up just because he can. If you've noticed, I usually place my characters, and then decide if I want them to go and meet people. I do this for flexibility. Since Helios isn't a receiver type character, you probably shouldn't have him placed somewhere unless you have a support option with someone. Instead, try posting more about moods like Bal does, and personal opinions like Whistler and Kiryn do. You might also try having Helios talk to someone in private instead of barging into interactions like I do(I usually catch people alone or at least outside of confrontations). Just some thoughts.

Edited by Phoenix

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aiya vs. Helios is tough.

Viveka is already above Irina actually. It might just be that Irina's personality type isn't the most interesting. she just gets along too well with people. Tessa does too, but she...expresses disapproval more or something?

• 3 weeks later...

Tessa's has interesting monologue, which helps. Irina, other than being wyvern girl, doesn't stick out that much, FMPOV.

Anyways, Go go update.

I added Lower Mid, these characters arent as bad as those in Bottom, but probably need some development

Zilpah tier

Zilpah

High

Morgan

Kelas

Tessa

Mid-High

Isotov

Eric

Lev

Arrin

Viveka

Heinz

Mid

Derek

Esphyr

Damian

Alferis

Irina

Reika

Charlotte

Rita

Altion

Lower Mid

Pary

Chase

Cess

Dani

Conrad

Bottom

Aiya

Helios

Katie

Mage Girls (Modkilled)

Other opinions welcomed and encouraged. Spots on list mostly derived from own interpretations and opinion of others.

Edited by -Cynthia-

I'm sorry, but other than, "ARRIN MUST BE RESCUED AT ALL COSTS" Kelas doesn't have much. >_>

She's developing things with Charlotte, but for now, I think under Lev would be good for her.

Conrad > Helios?

That dude rarely speaks.

Aiya still does nothing but cry over Damian. Helios gets ignored at every turn so his position is okay.

Chase can go down. He hasnt spoke to anyone other then Morgan. Did i really have to say that?

Karma needs his own tier....

Zilaph tier should be renamed Esphyr fanclub tier -_-

@ Psych: :facepalm:

Edited by Solf J. Kimblee

Conrad barely talks (which is why he is where he is), but when he does talk he's kind of interesting ish, and unlike Helios at least has consistent characterization.

"Never spoken to anyone but Morgan" is a statement which lacks accuracy.

Karma is not a PC, so he won't be on this list.

@ Psych: Esphyr is a part of Damian's fanclub

@ Snowy: So? You all overblow the fact that Helios is a virgin when i never specified.

@ Cynthia: Ahahahahahahahaha. Well he's not always speaking with Morgan. When he doesnt, he constantly refers to her. Do you really want me to go fishing for quotes?

Lower mid Thoughts: Dani should be lower, IMO. Otherwise appropriate.

Conrad NEVER talks, as a rule of thumb, but is interesting when he does. Chase needs to be less tunnel-visioned, honestly.

Cess sorta started out great, but then fell. Rita is just annoying, especially in PVP. Moar attention needed for them.

Bottom thoughts: General: Appropriate positionings.

Helios' does godmodding feats at every turn, and his personality is spotty, at best.

Aiya needs to be less neglected, like Dani, but that's what I'm planning on doing soon.

Katie is... Yeah, leaving that can of worms to someone else.

Other thoughts: 6th and 11th. Not bad.

Bottom thoughts: General: Appropriate positionings.

Helios' does godmodding feats at every turn, and his personality is spotty, at best.

Pfft. Name one time.

Coming from you too.....

Edited by Solf J. Kimblee

Rita is awesome. >_>

I tried putting in she's afraid of earthquakes, but no one seemed to notice her cowering in the corner.

And no one asks Cess for fortunes. He's basic, just there shaman, otherwise.

I noticed it, but didn't really have characters to deal with it. As for the rest...Rita's actually been all right, but after her initial meeting with the party where she did a lot of interactions she kind of stopped. Cess had the same pattern. Your initial meetings are usually good, but there are issues with the follow up, your characters end up dropping off the map IMO.

You should try and make him less basic then. Basic is kinda boring.

Pfft. Name one time.

Coming from you too.....

Batman

Helios was going to go out back and do a little training when he felt a slight tremor. Then there was a huge quake that sent him flying. He fell on a table. "Conrad!" He yelled still flying around from the quakes. Another boulder flew and was about to crush Morgan when Helios cast Arcwind and tore it apart. "Had a nice nap, Morgy baby?"

I'm sorry, but he's a third or fourth circle mage at best. Smashing boulders is reserved for 6th or 7th circles.

And I don't do such stunts at all, unless they make sense. Getting bashed by surprise does not constitute a god mod.

Actually, I don't remember specifying how powerful a mage had to be to do that... But seeing as it was classified as a 'boulder' and he managed to tear it apart while moving while recovering from a quake while using wind magic (instead of thunder or fire or dark), yea; that's borderline godmod.

TBH though, I could honestly ***** about every character here if I wanted to. All of them have some serious non-character problems that are annoying; but I don't really care. I'm not here to make some ultra-tale or something; just to have fun.

Non-character problems? What does that mean?

Anyway, this list really has almost nothing to do with character concept or backstory...it's all about presentation. The most cliche character can have really good interactions, while more original characters are dull when actually presented.

I'm beginning to think that Pary should drop down to Lower Mid. He doesn't have much personality anymore. He's just the cook and he's just there kind of.

Conrad and Aiya should switch places. Conrad basically never appears and his actions are unrealistic for one who is a general. It's really hard to peg down his personality. Aiya on the other hand, despite being little more than Damian's girlfriend, she at least has some development and you can at least tell what type of personality she has. Conrad...not so much.

I can't tell what Aiya's personality is really. She's apparently supposed to be fiery, but she ends up being so weak and submissive all the time that her fiery moments seem off.

Conrad's not acting like a general? Maybe not, though I haven't noticed anything too bad. All the soldiers in this RP seem pretty off (save Alex/Derek), so rein might actually be maintaining consistency in a sense.

Agreed on Pary.