LoAF Character Ranking

Kanami

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with this list is that there's too much bias.

Example:

Irina vs Aiya

Irina only moves up on the list when she's balling. Keep in mind, being miserable isn't even in character for Irina, yet she only rises when she does this. I've tested it. Meanwhile, Aiya doing this doesn't even place her in low mid.

Irina vs Morgan

Once again, Irina moves rather high on the list if her life sucks and she's practically in tears. One week without her freaking out and she drops. Meanwhile, Morgan's very very limited sayings, thoughts, and posts have and lack thereof on numerous occasions leaves her at the top of the list.

Charlotte is slightly less developed than Viveka, yet is at the very top of the list. There's too much bias and I recommend that two people run this list.

I want to know what makes Charolette so interesting. I find her dull and a tad cliche'.

Some of it is just Sage Biasing. How is Charlette so high?

Just as a side note, neither 'Charolette' nor 'Charlette' are characters in this RP.

Also, a character being cliche doesn't make them worse. Like Kanami said, it's how interesting your characters are presented, not how interesting the character concept is. Frankly, every character in the RP is pretty cliche.

I'd probably put both my characters lower, but people probably can't ever place their own characters with any sort of objectivity.

Nope. Charlotte. I wouldn't be so anal about it, but it's a fairly common real world name, and I've typed it like a billion times.

@Irina On my revision of the list, I had Irina hold position, not drop. I think the reason Irina rises when "she's in tears" and such, is those are the times she develops character and shows emotion. I actually liked her reaction to Morgan/Lev as well, which wasn't an "in tears" moment. I guess the thing is when she's not doing that is that she kind of fades into the background.

My problem with Irina is that I don't like having to forge problems for her all the time. MorganxLev isn't a tear jerker, but it's certainly not a happy issue for her either. It's something that can't promote a positive response from her. I'd prefer to have happy things happen to her once in awhile, but for some reason they just don't pan out right.

Well, then the only way to make Irina higher, is to do what the top tier characters are doing. That's right, pair her. >_>

Seriously, anyone Low tier and below, and Katie and Aiya are al unpaired. I sense Bais.

Well, then the only way to make Irina higher, is to do what the top tier characters are doing. That's right, pair her. >_>

Seriously, anyone Low tier and below, and Katie and Aiya are al unpaired. I sense Bais.

What exactly are you talking about?

Viveka x Derek

Charlotte x Eric

Kelas X Amari Arrin Iso (backup Katie)

Reika x Alf

Esphyr x Aiya x Damian

>_>

Rita, Dani, and Irina are the only girls not paired. Morgan x Chase....

Viveka x Derek

Charlotte x Eric

Kelas X Amari Arrin Iso (backup Katie)

Reika x Alf

Esphyr x Aiya x Damian

>_>

Rita, Dani, and Irina are the only girls not paired. Morgan x Chase....

That was the most ignora- ... never mind. Point is it's not accurate. Katie and Aiya are the only women in REAL relationships. Esphyr's a half fling kinda like HM is a half spirit and therefore doesn't count.

Mm, I guess CharlottexEric counts ... once they're more upfront-ish.

Edited by Phoenix

• 3 weeks later...

Ranking List Running Suggestions:

Three People:

Suggested Candidates: Dark Sage, Cynthia, Phoenix

Update:

Kelas

Morgan

High

Iso

Charlotte

Tessa

Levski

Viveka

Arrin

Eric

Upper Mid

Derek

Heinz

Alferis

Esphyr

Reika

Low Mid

Irina

Damian

Altion

Danielle

Chase

Low

Rita

Pary

Conrad

Bottom

Cess

Aiya

Helios

Katie

Mage Sisters

Things that are likely to change. Both Helios AND Aiya are going above Cess who is now just a tool. Helios may be swapped with Aiya based on what Luna thinks of a close comparison.

@ Kai

Consider Cess bottom for the moment.

Edited by Phoenix

Aiya's gotten more developed and interacted more with a few others. They're almost out of bottom. Almost.

Gonna have to disagree with you there. Aiya never ventures far from Damian's side. The only other character she has interacted with other then Damian are Irina and Alferis. She was still gloating about Damian with Alferis and was doing other stuff with Irina.

Edited by Kai