Why Volug?

Wildheart makes him too weak. It's a much better option for him to use a Laguz Stone, then Olivi Grass every so often - considering he gains 6 STR, 1 MAG, 6 SKL, 7 SPD, 5 DEF, 3 RES from it (and that SPD is important - 19AS doubles nothing, 26AS doubles everything, even on Hard)

Wildheart makes him too weak. It's a much better option for him to use a Laguz Stone, then Olivi Grass every so often - considering he gains 6 STR, 1 MAG, 6 SKL, 7 SPD, 5 DEF, 3 RES from it (and that SPD is important - 19AS doubles nothing, 26AS doubles everything, even on Hard)

WHAT?!So that's why he never doubled anything on my playthrough! If only I knew that before! That's why people kept bragging about how good he always was!

Wildheart has the same effect as the Demi Band from PoR. It gives minuses to certain stats like strength and speed mostly. Especially speed. It also halves experience. I delete it because Volug does much better in Part 3 and beyond without it.

Wildheart has the same effect as the Demi Band from PoR. It gives minuses to certain stats like strength and speed mostly. Especially speed. It also halves experience. I delete it because Volug does much better in Part 3 and beyond without it.

Wildheart does not half experience. Please stop spreading this misinformation.

As said before, wildhearts only effect is to allow instant transformation by cutting transformation gains to 1.5x instead of 2x.

except demi band was much better, because it didn't effect all stats and took away less.

Demi band just got rid of transformation gains.

What? No. Demi band did the same thing as halfshift. It halved the transform bonuses. In fe9 that was fine since most were like +3 or +4 and became +1 or +2. Not a big deal. In this game, Volug gets a +13 spd while fully transformed. +6 is half (rounded down).

Demi band just got rid of transformation gains.

i thought it was a set number like -3 so the more levels you got the less important it becomes, wild heart is awful on anyone except P1 volug. While demi band was pretty awesome on everyone especially muarim

What? No. Demi band did the same thing as halfshift. It halved the transform bonuses. In fe9 that was fine since most were like +3 or +4 and became +1 or +2. Not a big deal. In this game, Volug gets a +13 spd while fully transformed. +6 is half (rounded down).

Kay. I've never really checked. I've only casually glanced at the numbers and assumed.

Wait, I thought that Wildheart did NOT half EXP, that was just a typo.

Wildheart does not half experience. Please stop spreading this misinformation.

As said before, wildhearts only effect is to allow instant transformation by cutting transformation gains to 1.5x instead of 2x.

Already pointed out. And yeah, wildheart has no more effect on exp gain (and no less effect) than a full transform does.

Thats wonderful, I never knew so I always avoided wildheart.

Well, truth be told exp gains for transformed laguz do suck. Basically, their level is effectively multiplied by 2 while transformed. Hence, level 21 Lethe acts like a 20/20/2 unit for exp gains.

This means, for example, that facing a level 14 Paladin (20/14), she is considered 8 levels higher. As a result, a non-kill gives her 1 exp on HM and a kill gives her 8 exp. That's really really bad. Even worse are Ulki and Janaff. Level 28 and 29 results in 20/20/16 and 20/20/18. Ulki is 20 levels over that unit, resulting in 1 exp no matter what he does. For them, even if wildheart halved exp gains, it wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference.

They really hated certain laguz in making this game. Oh well, at least their level is only multiplied by 1.5 for bexp considerations.

They really hated certain laguz in making this game. Oh well, at least their level is only multiplied by 1.5 for bexp considerations.

Yeah, really. And what's the deal with masteries? Beorc get them automatically at 20/20/1, while laguz not only need a Satori Sign, but they also need to be effectively 20/20/20 to learn the skill in the first place.

Wait, I thought that Wildheart did NOT half EXP, that was just a typo.

Stupid typo. I didnt realize that. Mostly because like others stated, laguz exp gains blow chunks so its hard to tell. I always figured thats why Volug didnt get much exp in part 1 but got plenty in part 3 when i removed Wildheart. Turns out its just higher level enemies i guess. *shrug* I guess i should have paid closer attention to Skrimir's exp gains since i always put that skill on him. (it works ok for Skrimir although he tends to get doubled with it.)