Fire Emblem - Fūin no Tsurugi (Remake)

Superluigi

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Superluigi, are you going to put in FE8 classes (e.g. great knight) as enemy units and maybe even halberdiers like Arch has (or will be inserting in future versions at least) in Elibian Nights?

Edited by BerserkerBarst

Classes like Great Knight and Mage Knight would be difficult to do in a hack like this, since getting a branched promotion system would be near-impossible (assuming one would want the classes to be available to players). I can do things like that in my hack because everyone is promoted, and I don't have to worry about long-term gameplay (since you only have the same party for one chapter). Superluigi is remaking a traditional FE game with an established canon. However, that doesn't mean he can't change things (obviously). The only other way would be an FE4-like system where first tier classes have different promotions based on the character, and this could be an interesting change. As someone who has done his fair share of recreating FE4 with the GBA engine, I can provide some pointers to Superluigi. At the end of the day it's his decision, but I'd certainly like to see Superluigi at least consider something like this.

Edited by Optimus OVERTROLL

Classes like Great Knight and Mage Knight would be difficult to do in a hack like this, since getting a branched promotion system would be near-impossible (assuming one would want the classes to be available to players). I can do things like that in my hack because everyone is promoted, and I don't have to worry about long-term gameplay (since you only have the same party for one chapter). Superluigi is remaking a traditional FE game with an established canon. However, that doesn't mean he can't change things (obviously). The only other way would be an FE4-like system where first tier classes have different promotions based on the character, and this could be an interesting change. As someone who has done his fair share of recreating FE4 with the GBA engine, I can provide some pointers to Superluigi. At the end of the day it's his decision, but I'd certainly like to see Superluigi at least consider something like this.

Actually if he wanted to do some of these classes he could have tier 1 classes to match like maybe add an Axe Knight Class and have them promote to great knights or maybe have the only character that are those classes prepromotes.

I think it would work just fine without adding an abundance of new classes. However, I do have an Axe Cavalier animation.

The goal in my suggestion was NOT to suggest the total FE4-ization of FE6 though. Just a way in which the classes I've added could work in FE6 without too much effort.

Edited by Optimus OVERTROLL

Adding Halberdiers to hacks is a SLIGHTLY cliche idea, because it's been done in MK404's hack and my hack and probably one or two other hacks SOOOOO... yeah.

And there's like 20 versions of Ephraim-based halberdiers. XD

Just remember, FE9 did it first. So basically you, MK404 and myself are copying FE canon in a Fire Emblem hack. I suppose that is rather cliche, isn't it?

Well I can't say I haven't already considered including Great Knights and Recruits for Wendy, but I will say that Assassins, Halberdiers and Mage Knights will not be included. Generic enemies won't differ much from the original, however some Boss classes may change such as Scott, in chapter 9 and maybe a few others, so there is a chance that special classes may be introduced for a few of the more important boss fights.

Rogues are a definite yes however you'll just have to wait and see what other classes I include.

Huzzah, I've made the 'foggie' half of the palette, so there's a nice lot of screens showing it off, and one convo screen, just to show I've done other stuff.

fesos-scrns_9_teaser_2.png

On a side note, Scott (represented currently by a generic FE8 Bandit), will hopefully get his own custom mug in the near future. But until then the FE8 mug will do.

I usually fiddle about with the colours in Paint.net, to make this palette I simply made all the grass shades a little yellower and toned down the brightness a bit. 'Fog' is a littler easier, you simply place a slightly transparent white gradient over the original, or grey/black for 'night' fog, like in FE8.

Implementing it in the Rom is the hard part, well more time consuming than hard. All you have to do is get the hex values for your new palette colours, with GBA palette picker, and insert them over the original palette. Though it takes around 30 minutes to insert your new palette, if you do it my way. However it could take any amount of time to design your new palette.

I hope that helps.

It does look much better. And Scott getting his own portrait is also a positive improvement. Looks like we're getting some good, positive changes in the Western Isle Arc.

One thing, though; keep the player map theme of the Western Isles (For The Commanders), I absolutely love that song!

And I think that for the gaidens and FoW maps you could better use the FE7 ones since theyre 100 times better. Other than that, you should keep most FE6 songs.

In reference to the above post, will you be importing the FE6 world map themes. It would be kind of dissapointing if "Reclaim the Capital" didn't play during the chapter 9-16 map introductions.

One thing, though; keep the player map theme of the Western Isles (For The Commanders), I absolutely love that song!

And I think that for the gaidens and FoW maps you could better use the FE7 ones since theyre 100 times better. Other than that, you should keep most FE6 songs.

you tell me you prefer FE7's version of into the darkness?! What?!

And it helped, I'll boot up paint.net and see what i can do :D

It's called "Shadow Approaches", and yes, I like FE7's over FE6's.

As for the enemy versions of both FoW and gaiden, yes I prefer those too (Messenger from the Darkness and Legendary Inheritance).

I also agree with Barst, FE6 world map theme = do want.

It's called "Shadow Approaches", and yes, I like FE7's over FE6's.

As for the enemy versions of both FoW and gaiden, yes I prefer those too (Messenger from the Darkness and Legendary Inheritance).

I also agree with Barst, FE6 world map theme = do want.

Eff :facepalm: Too much FFVI :P

Agree on legendary inheritance, but Shadow approaches FE6 better IMO(i like 'em both) but yeah :/

I plan to import most of the tracks from FE6, including the world map themes, however as I see many of you have suggested I shall still use the FE7 versions of FE6 tracks, as opposed to importing them.

Anyway more updates on chapter 9, Fir and Shin have their own enemy battle palette and instead of tactician conversations there will be special conversations between certain characters if you deploy them.

fesos-scrns_9_teaser_3.png

Edited by Superluigi

One other music request, can you import the FE6 version of "Scars of Scouring". I personally like that one better than the FE7 one. Though, others should probably voice their opinions regarding that track before you make a decision on that.

Edited by BerserkerBarst

The special conversations thing is great. Really adds to the characters and the general plot and depthness of the game. Also, Fir's enemy palette is so awesome I am kinda tempted to keep her as an enemy. XD

I think I've said this before, but do let me know if I can ever help you with this hack. I would hate to see this die, or go in a choma, if you know what I mean...

One other music request, can you import the FE6 version of "Scars of Scouring". I personally like that one better than the FE7 one. Though, others should probably voice their opinions regarding that track before you make a decision on that.

I said already that I like FE7's better =). But yeah, lets just leave it to luigi t decide.

Also loving the character convos =).