Lord of Azure Flame: Chapter 12: *This Title has been stolen*

Snowy_One

OOC: That's what I interpreted it as due to capitalization

"But if I only have a few outfits, they'll get all dirty! Plus, I just cannot be seen wearing the same thing day in and day out, that's awfully tacky." she said frowning.

"I could share?" she offered. "You know Kelas, you would look much prettier if you had a dress, some nice shoes, perhaps a little change in hairstyle. I could organize some outfits for you!" Charlotte's face lit up.

Edited by -Cynthia-

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MEANWHILE:

The three girls stood in the center of the graveyard. A campfire was blazing, and meat was cooking over it. Berry was checking to make sure the plans were set.

"Let's see. Marry, have the pitfalls been set up?"

"Ugh."

"Good. They'll never expect it. The wolves are in place thanks to Helenos, so backup's taken care of. The mausoleums surround this area, making only one route of escape, and the fire traps will fix that as well. The skeleton archers can take care of any flyers they have, and I made sure to equip them with wyvern-piercing arrows. Everything is accounted for, except that stupid Headmaster. I don't think she'll use that tome here, but we should be able to handle it. Our target are the anima tomes, Helenos said not to try to engage the Headmaster. If absolutely neccisary, the Spiders should take care of them as a last resort. We'll have to watch out, or they'll turn on us. They eat anything. Humans, horses, pegasi, wyverns are the only thing that could stop them, but I have that covered too. The skeleton's will follow our commands though. Where's Verry? She hasn't eaten yet, and I told her not to wonder off. There shouldn't be anyone around, but still."

The girls took their helping of food, chewing on the meat. Verry walked out of one of the mausoleums, and towards the camp.

"Berry, it's borring here. There's nothing in those stupid graves. Just bones and bones. I found a weird sword thingy in one but..."

"Verry! Leave it. Helenos said to get the anima tomes. Worry about that. And eat your dinner! You need to go to bed early. Once they get here, we'll spring the traps, and trap their companions here above ground, then lure the mages down into the mausoleum to their grave. The door'll even close behind us, I enchanted it to. They can only get out through the underground tunnel underneith the sarcophagus in the center on the room. We'll beat em, take their tomes, and get out of there with our shadow powers. I have everything planned. Nothing can go wrong."

"Alright Verry. What's for dinner?"

"Rabbit, and make sure you wash your face before you sleep, and practice your magic too. I'll take first watch tonight. Now just to wait."

OOC: Ha Phoenix! I really did think of everything! Beat that!

Edited by psychout50

A look of absolute horror crossed Kelas' face. She managed to force it off, finally replying, "I, ah-- no, thank you. Long hours in the saddle and dresses do not mix well. And, well, I've gotten used to seeing them on other people, but way I was brought up, long dresses were a bit scandalous. I dunno if I could make myself wear one even if I didn't need the mobility."

Alferis walked out the door, heading towards the group.

"Ok, are you ready to go guys? I am. And Kelas, do you have anything that can cure a hangover? I have a really bad one."

"You do have a point, whenever I would go to horseback riding lessons I would always have to change to more suitable clothes. I guess we won't be going to many respectable places ...two suitcases it is." Charlotte said, nudging one back to the room with a sigh.

"Still though Kelas, I believe that there's a princess inside every girl. One day we'll all go to a magnificent ball and you'll get all dressed up and everyone will adore you. You'll see!" she said, flashing Kelas a bright smile.

"Hangover cure?" Kelas glanced at the ex-bandit. "Sorry. I don't drink," she informed him coolly.

She turned her attention back to Charlotte. At the cleric's grinning suggestion, her face resumed its expression of utmost horror. "Oh, gods," she managed faintly.

"Oh Kelas, don't be such a downer." Charlotte said. "I bet Isotov would like it if you got all dressed up." Charlotte gave Kelas a knowing wink.

"Oh Alferis, you're strong right? Carry these suitcases for me please?" she asked.

Alferis gazed down at the suitcases.

"Er, do you need so much? Never mind, let me try."

He picked them up and strained as he tried to keep them in the air.

"Good god they're heavy. What did you pack, bricks? Did Pary put you up to it?"

"...What?!" Kelas stared for a bit, but then it clicked: Charlotte must have drawn conclusions from earlier. "Whoa hey, we're friends. I teach him how to not fall off horses, we try to make sure the other doesn't get themself killed. I know there were... implications earlier, but seriously, no. Not like that."

"They're full of clothes and shoes, I doubt Pary is all that concerned with my wardrobe." Charotte replied to Alferis

"Oh really?" Charlotte smiled at Kelas. "Do you really think it's coincidence that he chose you out of all the people that can ride horses? That you're the only person he talks to besides his sister? I think he likes you!" Charlotte giggled.

"I already took out a suitcase!" Charlotte cried out indignantly. "Maybe one of the wyvern riders will carry them for us? Wyverns are very big."

"Katie? Harold's daughter, the blue-haired lady who doesn't talk? I thought she was the group's accountant or something, why does she matter?" Charlotte gave Kelas a confused look.

Edited by -Cynthia-

"Evidently you've never seen the two of them in the same room, then. She's with Isotov," Kelas explained. "Like I said. We're friends." I was waiting for him and Irina, she thought to herself, but it's probably a good thing he hasn't got here yet. That would be rather awkward.

edit for tags

Edited by The Clockwork Alchemist

Levski

Having his wyvern ready, Lev came around to the front of the mansion's main entrance coming to see if everyone was ready yet. He saw several people by the door, but before he could decide what to do, he saw Viveka and her squadmates dragging the cases outside next to them.

Lev: Hah!

Viveka Lucille and Jasmine

Viveka now had her riding armor on like the others and they moved the cases as far as they could before stopping. Viveka looked up to see Charlotte and Kelas talking. Alferis was holding Charlottes cases.

Viveka: Seems like I'm not the only one who hates wearing the same thing all the time ^_^

Have any of you seen Levski anywhere?

Lev: Right here.

She turned around and her face lit up!

Viveka: Oh there you are, Levski. I've been looking for you :)

Lev: (Wait for it ... <_< )

"A lady should always look her best." Charlotte repeated to Alferis. "Anyway, if you can get them outside, I can talk with Lev or Irina about it."

"He talks to her and she writes stuff sometimes, but I doubt he's really interested in her." Charlotte said firmly to Kelas. "How can you fall in love with a woman who doesn't have a voice? It reminds me of this story I read about a mermaid who fell in love with this handsome human prince. She ended up giving her voice to a sea witch so she can be a human, but she ends up dying in the end and the prince marries one of her sisters. I'm pretty sure the point of it was that you can't attract a man without a voice."

Cess:

Cess and Arrin rode up the hill. There seemed to be someone on horseback down at the bottom of the hill, but Cess couldn't make it out from up here.

"That looks like her. But I can't tell."

-------------

Pary:

Pary headed towards the front door. His staves were strapped to his back, besides his Mend staff which was in his hand. His Divine tome was in his robes as well, and his pack was on his back. The group seemed to be talking still, but the bandit had his back to Pary. He stopped short, and went around towards the kitchen and out the back door, deciding to bypass the group and meet then at the gate.

His new employer and two others seemed to be standing there.

Edited by psychout50

Viveka Levski and the errand girlsOOC: Lucille/Jasmine: ... crap! >_<

Viveka: Lev, you didn't fulfill your part of the bargain. I paid you, and you didn't do anything about the fight.

Lev: Whoops! Forgot about that. I thought you were just giving me a tip. Here I'll just give those ba-

Viveka: No need. I have a job for you that's worth what I paid you.

Lev: *sigh* and here we go-

Viveka: I want you to carry these cases. They weigh about a hundred pounds each but I'm sure you and your big horrifyingly powerful smelly cow eating killing machine can handle it :D

Lev: Umm ... yeah ... cause Ulfhrahn's certainly not up to the task.

Viveka: Oh don't be like that. I'd appreciate it so much if you did. Maybe I'd even consider being nice to you. I mean you'd be carrying my treasured possessions.

Lev: ... ... ... Manipulative Kitty -_- ... ... fine.

Viveka: Oh thank you so much, Lev! Oh, and take Charlotte's things too.

Lev: Oi?

Viveka: You may as well :/

Lev: (F*ck!) ... fine.

Viveka: You know I was wrong about you. You're quite generous and kind.

Charlotte decided to let the matter of Kelas' relationship status drop for now. She could probably convince Kelas to do something later.

Charlotte was bit taken aback by Viveka's kindness. "Thank you." she said to the pegasus knight. "And thank you Sir Lev" she said curtsying to the wyvern lord. "Shall we be off then?" she asked to the assorted group.

"We're still missing people," Kelas noted. "Oi, Arrin! You seen Tessa?" she called.

"No! I'm going to look for her!"

"Right then. Then Isotov and Irina... and where are Damian and Esphyr? ...On second thought, don't answer that one," Kelas suggested.

Viveka Levski and the other two girls who won't be named even though that would take less typing

Viveka: It's no problem. I know what it's like to have more than you can carry, and in more ways than one.

Lev: ... your welcome, Charlotte. (Urrrrrrgh ...)

Krinkov knew he had been referred to, but he wasn't sure what the discussion was about. Nonetheless he had an awful feeling.

Isotov and Irina

After Irina got suited up, she and Iso grabbed the rest of their belongings and headed downstairs. It took them a few minutes to reach the entrance, and Iso stopped by the kitchen and took an orange for the road on the way out. Once they made it outside they saw Lev loading up four cases, two of which were gigantic onto Krinkov. They wyvern looked ... a little more than just peeved.

Irina: Why's Krin carrying all of those bags?

"Oh there you are," Kelas remarked upon her friends' approach. Good job Charlotte dropped the subject when she did... "The bags are... proof that some arguments can't be won," she told Irina.

Arrin set off across the grounds. Where could Tessa have gone?