[OUTDATED] Elibian Nights

Arch

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@deranger thanks (though I kinda feel stupid for not checking that link in the first place)

@Cam no need to be a smart-alic about it

For some reason I thought Arch had worked out how to do an escape chapter, but I guess that was my imagination...

For some reason I thought Arch had worked out how to do an escape chapter, but I guess that was my imagination...

He semi-worked it out. You can't DISA a moving unit, so, that was the only problem with it. He had to move a unit onto the escape spot, move another unit, and then they'd escape.

So, it was kind of an escape chapter, but, not really :E

^I know about that, I'm saying I thought he completely worked it out (I remember discussing it with him some time ago). Some event code manipulation or ASM hack by NL or something, I forgot which, but I'm obviously just a little delusionary about the whole thing, since it's neither of the two, and it was never successful... which is still surprising to me why have I brain-washed myself that Arch did it

He did, but it kinda didn't work in the way intended. Instead of FE5/9/10 escape, you get "wait on a tile and disappear next turn".

I know some people tried UNCR-ing, but apparently you can't do anything to an active unit.

And it's spelled smart-alec.

Edited by Camtech075

EDIT: Damnit Seph, I wanted to be first ;_;

Heheheh.

So he's just there to troll me?

Goddammit! (I need to read these threads more or a spiteful moderator may decide to ban me for a solid hour or so).

He's not there to troll you. Think of him as a trailer for what's coming next.

IDK if this has already been pointed out but the rivers in Tale 3 don't work and it crashes at the end of it.

Rivers don't work? Nomads can cross rivers (at a movement cost), because they're beasts, if that's what you mean. And I, among others, didn't have that problem. You sure you have the most recent patch?

- Gigais is misspelled near end of tale 6

- If Erik is killed, the game still acts as if though he's alive and betrayed him.

- While I'm at it, I couldn't recruit Erik. What are the requirements?

- While I'm at it, Erik has the same death/battle quote as the original game, which may or may not be intentional.

Just finished the latest patch, it was great. There were lots of other problems (like the power staff freezing the game when animations are off) but I can't remember them and I have better things to do than write them down (no offense...).

Rivers don't work? Nomads can cross rivers (at a movement cost), because they're beasts, if that's what you mean. And I, among others, didn't have that problem. You sure you have the most recent patch?

They don't move, like the animation. I might not have the most recent, I thought I did but I'll check again.

Yeah, I altered Erik's AI for the next release (he'll talk to Hector automatically, because apparently having Erik say "I want to talk to Hector" isn't a dead giveaway).

Also, this little Percival scuffle reminded me of some small little detail I included in the hack (which is actually a Percival reference). It's been blogified.

http://elibiannights.blogspot.com/2011/04/percival.html

@Erik, I had Hector stand right next to him and tried to talk to him, with no such option coming up. Which is weird, because it worked once before, in the old version of Tale 5... which is why I asked what the requirements were, I thought maybe I had to do something else before I could talk to Erik. >____>

I don't know what caused the glitch though, so oh well, I guess you'll have to hope it doesn't come up again. Or else Erik is gonna die a lot. XP