[OUTDATED] Elibian Nights

Arch

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wil. In both tales he's in he gets overshadowed by 2 characters who can do the same as him.

In Tale 1x, Rebecca doubles more, so that makes her offense better. Meanwhile, in Tale 2, Geitz can use bows as well as Wil (since even though Wil has +1 SPD base IIRC, neither double much), and in addition he can also use Axes.

I think the only way to really improve him is to make him a Nomad Trooper instead of a Sniper, since Rath tries to teach him that in their support conversation.

Or just give him non-horrible offense. I'm happy with Snipers when they can actually kill stuff, to make up for having Bows.

Give Wil a Brave Bow? or at least a Quick Bow? Please? Okay what about a, Killer Bow? Or speed, despite being the slowest of the bowmen.

Also, Lucius with a lighting tome and some of his expected speed would make him better.

Guy with a wind sword would be cool.

Also, short bows being 1-2 range would help out Louise and Wil.

And Canto for Mounted Units

Edited by deranger

Her magic was kinda low, so her healing wasn't as good as it could be, and since she was a Bishop, she had a hard time taking damage while not really giving much out. I can't seem to remember if she was doubling consistently though, that could have helped her somewhat.

I don't remember giving her a tome, lol. But is her healing not as good as it could be or not as good as it should be? Because I didn't intend for her to be the bestest healer in all the land.

I think the only way to really improve him is to make him a Nomad Trooper instead of a Sniper, since Rath tries to teach him that in their support conversation.

Testing Ranger!Wil would be worth a shot. Tale 2 lacks a playable mounted unit, so it may boost Wil in several ways. There could also be Ballistae added to the tale for Wil to hijack.

Also, Lucius with a lighting tome and some of his expected speed would make him better.

Lucius is definitely getting a speed boost, and maybe a tome that isn't Divine (depends on my ability to get a spell animation, because I have a PRF Weapon idea for him).

Guy felt like a serious liability since he completely lacked 1-2 range. And also, he spawns next to Dayan, so obviously he's going to look bad in comparison.

While Dayan is getting nerfed no matter what, I feel like Guy is there because he needs to be there. Bad excuse, I know. But I promise he's a lot more useful in Tale 3 pt. 2, which is much less bow-dominated.

Edited by Rodimus Supreme OVERTROLL

I don't remember giving her a tome, lol. But is her healing not as good as it could be or not as good as it should be? Because I didn't intend for her to be the bestest healer in all the land.

Well that might improve her somewhat. :P: Since then she can at least do okay damage, since the bandits have low resistance save the druids.

Not sure really, but probably could. IIRC, her magic was around 12. So...it wasn't too good.

Edited by Psychology

Testing Ranger!Wil would be worth a shot. Tale 2 lacks a playable mounted unit, so it may boost Wil in several ways. There could also be Ballistae added to the tale for Wil to hijack.

Huh? Did you remove Priscilla and Heath?

Lucius is definitely getting a speed boost, and maybe a tome that isn't Divine (depends on my ability to get a spell animation, because I have a PRF Weapon idea for him).

Well, the problem is probably more that Light magic just sucks balls.

Reclass him to Valkyrie

Huh? Did you remove Priscilla and Heath?

D'oh...

Well, the problem is probably more that Light magic just sucks balls.

Which is why I think a PRF for Lucius would be optimal, since it can just not suck balls like the rest of its discipline.

If Wil becomes a Ranger then Chuck Norris should become a bunny girl

(my logic isn't supposed to make sense, no worries)

My only real problems were that the Sol Katti was only really useful for looks (IIRC) and Lucius was so useless and Heath has such bad hit IIRC that I think I beat that chapter with Geitz and Raven being the only attackers and the rest healing and tagging along and whatnot. Although that isn't necessarily a bad thing...

Wil doesn't need a mount, he just needs a tiny boost to be on par with everyone else. Same with the other subpar characters like Lucius, Natalie, Marcus, and Erik.

i had a question about tale 5.

i know it wouldn't make much sense to have Erik be a Paladin in this tale if he's a cavalier in FE6, but is there a way that he can be more useful? The only thing i could use him for was sharing his weapons and talking to Serra (which i liked btw).

if not, then that's fine. i was just wondering.

............back from page 37...........

Also, Matthew was usable, but could use a little boost. Ch5 was just really long

until I found Orun's insanely high growths

Ranger Wil with Canto! and Lucius's custom tome sound great.

And kinda unrelated, but are you using Zeth's Zephiel & Co. mugs for the final tale? They're pretty good, and are pretty much right time frame.

Edited by deranger

Just so long as people are making helpful suggestion about how to shape a character better--I'd hate to see people wanting everyone molded into some awkward, everyone's-equally-powerful/"balanced" tier crap :(

Since there's not much reason to buff a character or weaken one just so that they get better or worse for the sake of being on par with other characters.

Just so long as people are making helpful suggestion about how to shape a character better--I'd hate to see people wanting everyone molded into some awkward, everyone's-equally-powerful/"balanced" tier crap :(

Well, I don't really like the idea of Ranger!Wil. Partially because I despise the Ranger animation, but also because I just feel like it's an easy way out to just give him a better class rather than buff his stats. Maybe give him a Silver Bow?

Since there's not much reason to buff a character or weaken one just so that they get better or worse for the sake of being on par with other characters.

I understand that. But the problem is that there are characters who basically don't have any use right now. This is most egregious with Wil, I think, since even Lucius has powerful chip damage and healing, and Marcus and Lowen still have mounts, while Wil feels like he doesn't have any purpose. Even with the Cleave Bow, for example, he still deals crap damage.

To take another example, I'm perfectly happy with, say, Tale 4, since even though Pent is clearly the best character, followed by Renault, the other characters are all useful as well and you kind of have to use everyone, even in an aggressive warpskip strategy.

Not everyone has to be evenly powered and I expected hector to be higher than level 5 and to have a wolf beil, but everyone has to be usable seeing as characters are only present for one, max two chapters.

And just one more kinda random note is that continuity in stats would put an emphasis on training Wil in tale two, so he can take on those toughies in 1x. It'd also be cool in general.

Natalie is probably fine how she is, since she's not supposed to be very powerful (same idea with Erik).

I feel Hawkeye should start with a Steel Axe or something, since the Tomahawk only has 15 uses. Also, giving Canas and Lucius basic tomes would solve their AS issues nicely (although Lucius still needs the speed he's supposed to have at his level).

Giving Dorcas an Iron Bow would give some him increased accuracy in 1x, making him a little more useful against peak!Brigands (I don't recall if he can use any of Wil or Rebecca's bows).

As for Wil, giving him the Brave Bow and reducing Geitz's Bow rank to C should go quite a way making him more useful.

Well, some updates today. I'm done with AP testing, so I'm going to have more hacking time in the near future. The first thing I did with my new found free time: learn some music hacking.

polarregion.pngnewsongs.png

Some FE6 songs have wiggled their way into Elibian Nights. If people have any song suggestions for the game, let me know!

Would you be interested in some custom music for Elibian Nights? I've recently composed some Fire Emblem related pieces, and would happy to do some work for you. If you're at all interested, I'll PM you some of my works. smile.gif

Continuing to chop away at Tale 7. I got major motivation to press ahead on Elibian Nights after hearing Ghostclown's first composition for Elibian Nights. I won't spoil it, but I'm excited to know that you'll all be hearing it in the next release.

Anyways, I have some screens for Tale 7.

backwaterbitch.pngfightingraiders.png

I'm waiting on some more things to come together before I can start posting new information, so I hope that you'll all be looking forward to that. Other than Tale 7, I've been slowly working on updates for the previous tales and implementing achievements.