[OUTDATED] Elibian Nights

Arch

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hey just so you know was recently playing Elibian Nights, and In pent's tale if the first morph sage to the left attacks louise the game freezes also in hectors tale if Erik attacks the guys who tries to rebel, there is a boss convo with The leader of the Black Fang and Guy.

I have to say, I am really loving the direction that this hack is going, and that's coming from someone who usually doesn't like playing extensions of existing FE games. You seem to be an expert when it comes to story, and obviously events. Great work.

Edited by Eliwood of Pherae

So I just downloaded the latest patch, the v4.0ish beta. I noticed two glaring problems for me that I don't think anyone else is having much trouble with. First is in Karel's tale. When I get to the 2nd map after beating the boss, it immediately freezes and makes a screeching noise. The other is Zealot's Tale. It goes to the name of his tale, and then back to the title screen. Tried resetting and restarting the chapter. Heck I even restarted the emulator, which is VBA for Windows by the way. Nothing worked. Any tips to fix this? Or will I just have to wait for the next patch?

The patch is buggy and not working so I guess you'll either have to use an old patch or wait for the next one. Since he's redoing the entire thing I suggest the former.

The patch is buggy and not working so I guess you'll either have to use an old patch or wait for the next one. Since he's redoing the entire thing I suggest the former.

Oh okay. Thanks a lot. Next time I play I'll go try it out. It really is an amazing hack though. Nice blend of difficulty and just plain having fun.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19964863/EN%20v4ish%20Update.ups

I released this update to "v4ish" a while back to fix the Zealot problem (and a few others, if I recall correctly). Absent-mindedly, I never updated the main post's link with the update :facepalm:. Glad to hear you're enjoying the hack, though! Sorry for the inconvenience.

The trade glitch is really weird. I got a lot of reports that I couldn't replicate of it being in certain situations, it happened for me in Zealot's tale (I think it just sort of randomly appeared, different for each player). It's the primary reason I started over on a clean ROM, that and some other glitches I couldn't really fix without a lot of work. Please report if you encounter that glitch again, because theoretically it should still be out there.

Edited by Arch

justkeepchugginalong.png

Just keep chugging along~

Anyways, Tale 2 is 100% complete (save for graphics, which I'm still scrambling to get taken care of), and Tale 2x is in progress. After this, I have to do Tale 3 and then....well, I'm thinking that'll patch time.

The idea is, since the infrastructure for the final game is already in place and I won't need to be making major changes at this point, once I get a respectable amount of content (tales 1-3 + gaidens) I'll release a base patch. From that base patch, each additional tale will be added until the game is a complete package.

So, that's what's up with the hack! I hope you're all looking forward to seeing this all develop into its final, complete state.

I'm very much looking forward to this. I like the release plan too.

Anyways, I was playing the most recent version and I b-skipped a talk conversation don'thurtmeand the conversation's music kept playing until the initiating unit waited (it was sain-kent and kent and grieving heart went on during canto). Dunno if that's how its supposed to be or if it even matters.

Yes! I was confused as to why I could not play Zealot's tale and I really, really, really, really wanted to play a Halberdier, but was disappointed when I couldn't. Thanks for the update, Arch. Now I can complete and enjoy Zealot's tale!

You're doing good work here, I've enjoyed the style you have done for this hack. I hope you consider doing another with the other FE games or adding more tales. If not, oh well, good job regardless.

Edited by Itsuke

There will at least be one more tale in Elibian Nights, likely the "final tale." I think, at that point, it's a good time to close the book on Elibian Nights. Not much else I can do with new tales without being redundant, which I definitely want to avoid. Another project from me? Well, there's certainly no shortage of ideas, I've got at least 12 project ideas in the pipeline that could always come into fruition. Or, perhaps after EN is all finished I'll simply pat myself on the back, decide that I had a good run and retire with the completion of my biggest project. Who knows what the future holds? Right now I'm just focusing on finishing this project and getting it polished and perfect.

Edited by Arch

Arch, how often do you update the progress report? I noticed that it was only updated when you updated here (with the progress of Tale 1 and 1x shooting up to 100%), and now with Tales 2 [almost] 100% complete, the progress report isn't updated.