[OUTDATED] Elibian Nights

Arch

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Patch is great and all, But its missing something.... Perhaps, another character!?

Of Course!! What of the Tactician from Fire Emblem 7!?!? Eliwood, Lyn, and Hector kept talking to you, the Tactician, within that game! After all, he DID show up as a green NPC on some scenes.

He/She should get a separate scenario inside Elibian Nights. It should be some sort of Gaiden Endurance Chapter (Or something between the middle of that line), in which instead of commanding both Key Main and Minor Characters from the series, He/She commands an army of Generics to defend a fort to hold off Zephiel's Menacing March, which could be a possible jump to Fire Emblem 6!! Of course, the Tactician would lose eventually because harder opponents, even dragons, come attack the generics, but it could test out how long a player could last with what tactics they know. Dem generic soldiers of yours could also level up as well as promoting up to stronger classes, but supplies would be limited because you only have a set amount of gold.

Additionally, depending on what month the player chooses at the start of the game, the tactician's promoted class will be a class that is related to that affinity of the month, and will be level 10 to give some time to level him/her up. He/She would also be the main boss; the one with the shield sigil beside his/her sprite.

-EX: October/Nature = Great Knight, June/Nature = Sage, April/Lightning = Swordsmaster, December/Lightning = Assassin, etc.

This should happen after the time when Zephiel takes Bern's Throne and releases the seal off on Idoun, which makes them go on a Elibian Conquest.

You also get to see how it feels to be the "Bad Guy" for once; the one who is always [or in this case, will eventually be] defeated in each and every chapter of all the fire emblems by the good guys.

What do you all say about this suggestion into Elibian Nights?

Edited by EldricKnight

I always thought the use of the Tactician was pointless; unlike in FE12 where MU had a huge part in the story and was a unit, the FE7 Tactician just chills there and gives a bonus to the characters with the same affinity. I really don't see how the Tactician deserves his own tale, especially since most of his endings have him disappear into oblivion. Not to mention Zephiel already exists in his own tale, and EN takes place only three years after FE7. Zephiel didn't take the throne of Bern until 15 years after FE7.

The Patch is great and all, But its missing something.... Perhaps, another character!?

Of Course!! What of the Tactician from Fire Emblem 7!?!? Eliwood, Lyn, and Hector kept talking to you, the Tactician, within that game! After all, he DID show up as a green NPC on some scenes.

He/She should get a separate scenario inside Elibian Nights. It should be some sort of Gaiden Endurance Chapter (Or something between the middle of that line), in which instead of commanding both Key Main and Minor Characters from the series, He/She commands an army of Generics to defend a fort to hold off Zephiel's Menacing March, which could be a possible jump to Fire Emblem 6!! Of course, the Tactician would lose eventually because harder opponents, even dragons, come attack the generics, but it could test out how long a player could last with what tactics they know. Dem generic soldiers of yours could also level up as well promoting to stronger classes, but supplies would be limited because you only have a set amount of gold.

This should happen prior to the time when Zephiel takes Bern's Throne and releases the seal off of Idoun.

You also get to see how it feels to be the "Bad Guy" for once; the one who is always defeated in each and every chapter of all the fire emblems by the good guys.

...Can I say no?

Not to mention, the story functions perfectly fine without the Tactician. The only reason IS used the tactician (and Lyn, for that matter) was to introduce new players (since it was the first game to be released outside of Japan) to the mechanics. It's possible to cut the Tactician out of FE7's storyline and everything would be the exact same.

"Use one punctuation mark at the end of each sentence." Ending a sentence with multiple question marks does not make it any more of a question.

It's an alright idea, but I like a lot of the other tale's ideas better. Doesn't really fit into the hack, and Arch's already said he isn't accepting the Tactician existed, I believe.

Oh, and I got ninja'd by furet.

Edited by deranger

"Use one punctuation mark at the end of each sentence." Ending a sentence with multiple question marks does not make it any more of a question.

It's an alright idea, but I like a lot of the other tale's ideas better. Doesn't really fit into the hack, and Arch's already said he isn't accepting the Tactician existed, I believe.

Awww... Ah well, thanks anyways for listening what I had in mind.

TT~TT I just didn't want teh Tactician to end up being "disappeared from the World of Elibe" and wanted his/her life to end in an epic way instead.

An A-rank Tactician contributes to the start of FE6, IIRC. That's a pretty decent contribution.

But the tactician's boring as hell.

"DO YOUR PARENTS APPROVE"

"NO, STEALING IS WRONG"

"I'M NOT GOING TO REACT TO YOUR ADVANCES, SAIN"

"FLORINA CAN JOIN OUR PARTY"

Awww... Ah well, thanks anyways for listening what I had in mind.

TT~TT I just didn't want teh Tactician to end up being "disappeared from the World of Elibe" and wanted his/her life to end in an epic way instead.

The tactician is you.

So instead of being allowed to continue living in peace after FE7, you would like to be dragged along into a hopeless fight, have it repeatedly hammered into your head that your men are dying and you suck because of it, and then end with you dying. And having your carcass unceremoniously hurled into a nearby ditch and torched by your slayer?

Because that can be arranged, if it is what you desire.

An A-rank Tactician contributes to the start of FE6, IIRC. That's a pretty decent contribution.

"NO, STEALING IS WRONG"

They wrote that ending to tie FE7 and FE6 together slightly more, if anything.

The tactician is you.

So instead of being allowed to continue living in peace after FE7, you would like to be dragged along into a hopeless fight, have it repeatedly hammered into your head that your men are dying and you suck because of it, and then end with you dying. And having your carcass unceremoniously hurled into a nearby ditch and torched by your slayer?

Because that can be arranged, if it is what you desire.

I always wanted to feel like the "Bad Guy" for once (Besides dat mine glitch) in the Fire Emblem Series, so yeah, why not?

[Not to mention that during the events of Fire Emblem 6, the entire continent of Elibe was being ravaged by Zephiel's March, so the Tactician (or someone) HAS to do something about it.]

Edited by EldricKnight

"NO, STEALING IS WRONG"

For some reason I always imagined my tactician hovering atop the battlefield, riding a pegasus and carrying a megaphone.

"USE THE HAND AXE BARTRE! THE HAND AXE!" etc.

I also thought Hector propositioned my tactician once when he said we should go to bed. Turns out he didn't mean *together*...or did he? Tactician= Lilina's mother?

That A-rank ending never made sense to me. Etruria and Bern did not go to war to recruit the tactician, they went to war because Zephiel hated mankind and wanted to revive the dragons and return the world to their control. I've always just dismissed it as some bullshit statement they made up to say "Hey, awesome fucking job man. You kick ass at being a tactician."

The way I see it, the tactician was designed just to give new players an introduction to the series and give people some sense of personal investment in the story. When starting Eliwood/Hector mode, you can chose to remove the tactician from the story all together, and that's what I feel is the canonical FE7. I don't believe the tactician exists past Lyn's mode (in which he exists as a plot device for the characters to talk to you and teach you gameplay). Sorry, I appreciate the suggestion, but there definitely won't be a tactician's tale in Elibian Nights. I don't even reference him in the story at all, and that's how it's going to stay.

That A-rank ending never made sense to me. Etruria and Bern did not go to war to recruit the tactician, they went to war because Zephiel hated mankind and wanted to revive the dragons and return the world to their control. I've always just dismissed it as some bullshit statement they made up to say "Hey, awesome fucking job man. You kick ass at being a tactician."

The way I see it, the tactician was designed just to give new players an introduction to the series and give people some sense of personal investment in the story. When starting Eliwood/Hector mode, you can chose to remove the tactician from the story all together, and that's what I feel is the canonical FE7. I don't believe the tactician exists past Lyn's mode (in which he exists as a plot device for the characters to talk to you and teach you gameplay). Sorry, I appreciate the suggestion, but there definitely won't be a tactician's tale in Elibian Nights. I don't even reference him in the story at all, and that's how it's going to stay.

Aww... I understand... Well thanks for clearing up stuff, Arch, hehe! I just felt a bit disappointed when the tactician didn't show up in Elibian Nights, but if you say he/she isn't going to make an appearance, then its alright for me :3

The tactician was Gheb the whole time.

LOL!

Edited by EldricKnight

Well, while I'm working on Tale 1x I figured I'd add a new conversation, something of a joke about that whole ordeal about Lowen's hair.

rebeccahasabangsfetish.pnghaircuts.png

Speaking of haircuts, Wil's sporting a new one, courtesy of Kitty of Time.

williamgotahaircut.png

Edited by Arch