[OUTDATED] Elibian Nights

Arch

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That A-rank ending never made sense to me. Etruria and Bern did not go to war to recruit the tactician, they went to war because Zephiel hated mankind and wanted to revive the dragons and return the world to their control. I've always just dismissed it as some bullshit statement they made up to say "Hey, awesome fucking job man. You kick ass at being a tactician."

It maybe have been that they had a brief war inbetween FE7 and FE6. Nothing fancy or world-destroying.

It maybe have been that they had a brief war inbetween FE7 and FE6. Nothing fancy or world-destroying.

Because a war between the two strongest and farthest-from-each other powers on the continent wouldn't be worth mentioning at any time during FE6.

o.o'' By the way, I was saying that the tactician's story doesn't need to tie in with the events of Fire Emblem 7, but rather, the scenario I suggested should be some sort of survival mode, in which it tests out how many turns a player could last with the given strategies that they learned and seemingly mastered from the entire Fire Emblem Series.

I know that it won't be added into Elibian Nights because the tales are supposed to be the aftermath of most of the FE7 cast, but it would be nice to know how long a person could survive being pressured by the enemy.

TT~TT My hacking skills are too limited to make this my own idea...

Speaking of haircuts, Wil's sporting a new one, courtesy of Kitty of Time.

williamgotahaircut.png

*Still offering that thing*... though only AFTER finals next week.

Besides, I'd be making my FE10 critical collection HD redo anyway after that. So... best to make use of this helper monkey while it has free time after crunch time.

My note on the tactician: If you choose "No" on "Create a new tactician?", the game plays like FE6. The tactician never existed. Hector's the one that shows up on "Eliwood's goodbye" scene with whoever you paired Eliwood with in Eliwood Mode.

I think the "canon" story-flow is THAT one.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Blazer, don't psuedo-mod my topic please. If anyone's gonna pretend like they're in charge, it's gonna be me :P:.

some sort of survival mode' date=' in which it tests out how many turns a player could last[/quote']

I suppose I'll make some sort of announcement: I've already got plans for a "survive as long as you can" chapter in the new version of Elibian Nights. Stay tuned for details in the future. Obviously it won't be involving the tactician, but it's quite similar to what you've outlined as your idea for a Tactician's story. The only "victory" will be to see how long you can go until being defeated, a test of your skills as a tactician.

I suppose I'll make some sort of announcement: I've already got plans for a "survive as long as you can" chapter in the new version of Elibian Nights. Stay tuned for details in the future. Obviously it won't be involving the tactician, but it's quite similar to what you've outlined as your idea for a Tactician's story. The only "victory" will be to see how long you can go until being defeated, a test of your skills as a tactician.

Ballin'. FE7x, FE7, Elibian Nights, FE6 Remake marathon GO!

Yeah, a war between the two superpowers of the world, no matter how brief, is just forgotten by history within a decade...sure.

Like I said, it wouldn't be a big war. Maybe they didn't want to get drawn into a huge conflict, that it wasn't that worthwhile, it was just a minor clash that was quickly resolved. Countries do that, even big ones. Unless you're trying to say that before Zephiel, everyone was all luvvy-duvvy and nobody ever went to war over anything, since no wars are specifically mentioned in FE6.

Like I said, it wouldn't be a big war. Maybe they didn't want to get drawn into a huge conflict, that it wasn't that worthwhile, it was just a minor clash that was quickly resolved. Countries do that, even big ones. Unless you're trying to say that before Zephiel, everyone was all luvvy-duvvy and nobody ever went to war over anything, since no wars are specifically mentioned in FE6.

location, location, location

There could be disputes over colonial settlements. It could have been that some of the property on those islands wasn't clear-cut between the two. Colonial battles are no less acts of war if sanctioned by the countries themselves.

Navies exist as well. The point is more that tensions arising aren't out of the question.

Edited by Celice

There could be disputes over colonial settlements. It could have been that some of the property on those islands wasn't clear-cut between the two. Colonial battles are no less acts of war if sanctioned by the countries themselves.

Navies exist as well. The point is more that tensions arising aren't out of the question.

Though not impossible, that's a lot of speculation, considering no country's navy is ever elaborated on. And Bern is still on the other side of the continent, with nothing but 3 established countries between itself and Etruria or the Western Isles. Etruria is the only country that is said to have had colonies, and those were only mentioned to be on the Western Isles, which would be even farther from Bern.

Though not impossible, that's a lot of speculation, considering no country's navy is ever elaborated on. And Bern is still on the other side of the continent, with nothing but 3 established countries between itself and Etruria or the Western Isles. Etruria is the only country that is said to have had colonies, and those were only mentioned to be on the Western Isles, which would be even farther from Bern.

I agree overall with deranger. The non-naval battle approach is possible, yet makes little sense. Bern/Etruria could have sent troops via ships to land somewhere and try and lay claim to that area; granted, I would think that that would fall above the level of a "dispute." If they were both laying claim to an area like the Gaza Strip (in modern times), that'd be one thing, but, given the number of other nations separating them directly, I'd find that option a bit farfetched.

If it was a series of naval battles, what would they be fighting over? Sailing into the other nation's territorial waters? Besides, the A-rank ending specifically says "war," which tends to imply something a little more violent than a few skirmishes or disturbances.

Edited by Lord Glenn

You can definitely have a side story involving parties trying to find this tactician, but reveal in the end that this individual never existed.

because dondon ate him

I mean, could Eliwood really stop Nergal with 0% growths in so few turns and keep all of his cadre alive? /end 0%growths playthrough worship

Edited by deranger

Hey, Arch~! I was wondering if you want us to report any bugs/glitches we find. I've found two or three technical issues with the game so far, but I'm not sure it would be helpful of me to mention them to you/if you intend to fix hacking errors. >w<

Otherwise, it's still fun. :3

Don't forget, Arch is rebuilding with a fresh ROM at the moment. Though, if he is porting pieces from the old ROM over and inadvertently copies something that produced a bug before, he'd probably want to know that such and such causes a problem. I would just check to make sure it hasn't been mentioned already in the thread.

I agree overall with deranger. The non-naval battle approach is possible, yet makes little sense. Bern/Etruria could have sent troops via ships to land somewhere and try and lay claim to that area; granted, I would think that that would fall above the level of a "dispute." If they were both laying claim to an area like the Gaza Strip (in modern times), that'd be one thing, but, given the number of other nations separating them directly, I'd find that option a bit farfetched.

If it was a series of naval battles, what would they be fighting over? Sailing into the other nation's territorial waters? Besides, the A-rank ending specifically says "war," which tends to imply something a little more violent than a few skirmishes or disturbances.

What else could you call it when two countries fight each other? Whether it's a small conflict or a big one, it's still a war. For example, the Austro-Prussian War only lasted seven weeks.

And the point is that such a war is, while not likely, certainly possible. Perhaps Etrurian troops got permission to move through another country to a battleground. Perhaps the tactician was somewhere in one of Lycia/Ilia/Sacae, and both Bern and Etruria sent troops to capture him, and the smaller countries chose to stay out of it. Just because no war was mentioned doesn't mean that no war happened, unless for 20 years there were no battles or conflicts at all in Elibe.

Edited by Anouleth

What else could you call it when two countries fight each other? Whether it's a small conflict or a big one, it's still a war. For example, the Austro-Prussian War only lasted seven weeks.

And the point is that such a war is, while not likely, certainly possible. Perhaps Etrurian troops got permission to move through another country to a battleground. Perhaps the tactician was somewhere in one of Lycia/Ilia/Sacae, and both Bern and Etruria sent troops to capture him, and the smaller countries chose to stay out of it. Just because no war was mentioned doesn't mean that no war happened, unless for 20 years there were no battles or conflicts at all in Elibe.

Ish called a skirmish; battle that is small and a preliminary stage of war, yet not so disputing as a war (Say, rebels break out in some city)... Unless if they want it to incline it into a full-scale war.

Edited by EldricKnight

Ballin'. FE7x, FE7, Elibian Nights, FE6 Remake marathon GO!

I actually have been idly pondering the idea of putting together one long mega-story. Such a marathon could be extended even further: I was thinking the FE6 and FE7 tutorials could be replaced with something set in the time of the Scouring (where you play a few chapters as the Eight Legends versus Dragons), as well as having something set in the far future that's alluded to in the FE6 epilogue. Oh, and Cecilia's tale as filler in between EN and 6 (or maybe EN chapters could be "meanwhile..." gaidens to Cecilia's tale), and a Lilina mode for 6 analogous to Hector's tale in 7.

Pipe dreams...

something set in the time of the Scouring (where you play a few chapters as the Eight Legends versus Dragons),

The most popular hack idea that's hardly been touched. Fighting dragons only gets old, as proved by the end of FE6, and having 8 lords is difficult as well, although EN pulls it off quite nicely.