[OUTDATED] Elibian Nights

Arch

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why's Lowen green? Also, no more having to choose between Loberta and a very rejuvenating Elixir?

Yeah, that's a pretty good question. Dunno why he's green. Maybe because Arch would rather have his armor be something like his hair even though the green is much different comparatively or maybe he just thinks that Orange would look gross.

And it seems that way.

This looks amazing, but I'm also a newb and have no idea what I need to download in order to play any of this. ;__;

You, obviously, need a NA rom of Fire Emblem 7, and a Gameboy advance Emulator. You can get both off of Google. You'll also need a UPS patcher. I would suggest NUPS, which can be found in the resources section of rom hacking, I'm pretty sure. Then you just download the patch and follow the rather simple patching instructions.

Edited by seph1212

You, obviously, need a NA rom of Fire Emblem 7, and a Gameboy advance Emulator. You can get both off of Google. You'll also need a UPS patcher. I would suggest NUPS, which can be found in the resources section of rom hacking, I'm pretty sure. Then you just download the patch and follow the rather simple patching instructions.

asdfghjk I need to go find a ROM? Ugh. u__u

:<

It can't be that hard.

Just google "Fire Emblem 7 GBA rom"

ta-da

I know, I know. ;3 I've been lucky recently with fangames being neatly compressed into one cute little file. XD I'll download everything when I have slightly more time and let you know how it goes~!

Why's Lowen green?

lowenrebecca.png

The only brown/orange/colorthing is his under-armor. Since his armor is green, I figured the armor in his palette should be green too.

I know, I know. ;3 I've been lucky recently with fangames being neatly compressed into one cute little file. XD I'll download everything when I have slightly more time and let you know how it goes~!

Yeah, I like to keep things semi-legal around here, hahah. If you need help just give us a shout. Shouldn't be too hard to find the ROM, though, and there's a patching tutorial I wrote in the tutorials section around here.

Edited by Arch

Yeah, I like to keep things semi-legal around here, hahah. If you need help just give us a shout. Shouldn't be too hard to find the ROM, though, and there's a patching tutorial I wrote in the tutorials section around here.

I understand! ;3 I'm so excited to play it. Anything FE7/FE6-related catches my interest, and this looks top-notch. :D

Hey Arch. I think I'm gonna bend our agreement a little bit and let you keep using the Cleric version of Natalie that I made.

How ever so kind of you' date=' Nayru, that you would be so gracious and forgiving on my poor Natalie-less soul and give me the [i']honor [/i]of using one of your sprites. I think, however, that I am unworthy of such honors, and I'll just go shopping for a new one elsewhere.

Also, I'm glad to hear you're excited, Popo. It always feels good to see someone excited to play my game :):.

Edited by Arch

lowenrebecca.png

Rebeccas mug! I very much like it. :D

RebeccaLowen eeew I prefer the much more awesome and totally incestous DartRebecca I MEAN RAVENREBECCA OTP

I just played through Lyn's Tale and I'm so impressed! *A* The writing is perfect and I was stunned by all the beautiful, custom character portraits. They looked flawless! I'm really looking forward to playing through the rest of the available levels. :3

In order to unlock new stories, do you need to beat the chapter without losing anyone, or is it enough to just beat the mission? (I accidentally lost Kent on the last turn due to a stupid mistake and didn't feel like starting over.) XD

I just played through Lyn's Tale and I'm so impressed! *A* The writing is perfect and I was stunned by all the beautiful, custom character portraits. They looked flawless! I'm really looking forward to playing through the rest of the available levels. :3

In order to unlock new stories, do you need to beat the chapter without losing anyone, or is it enough to just beat the mission? (I accidentally lost Kent on the last turn due to a stupid mistake and didn't feel like starting over.) XD

In v4.0, pretty sure beating the first three tales unlocks the next two, and characters deaths don't affect tale unlocking.

In v4.0, pretty sure beating the first three tales unlocks the next two, and characters deaths don't affect tale unlocking.

Thanks! I wasn't sure if you earned a new story for every chapter you beat, or something else.

Thanks! I wasn't sure if you earned a new story for every chapter you beat, or something else.

There are also gaidens attached to certain chapters, including Lyn's, that unlock by doing other random stuff. Ya might wanna go back and do it again, eventually.

lowenrebecca.png

The only brown/orange/colorthing is his under-armor. Since his armor is green, I figured the armor in his palette should be green too.

Why is his armour the same colour as his hair? You easily have space for another few colours. :/

*checks*

From what I can tell, there's room for 3 more colours.

It seems weird that you're changing his armour colour, just a little though, cause I can understand it in the game where in FE they like to have the whole, Red/Green/Yellow thing going on, but in Elibian Nights there isn't such, I assume, but to change his armour to his hair colour seems a bit iffy, and then to make his shirt his previous armour colour? Come on, you can do better than that Arch.

EDIT:

Also, why does he still have a mop in his face? From personal experience I can say that it isn't functional in any way and if anything just makes you look like a retard.

Plus, you've again used his hair colour for what seems to be an undershirt?(Forgot the r for a second there, undershit, wut.)

Personally, I would have used the darkest and second darkest skin shades, especially considering it's the same tone as the armour.

Either way, looking forward to playing this when it's finished, I'm going to avoid doing so prior, I'd rather save it all for the complete version. :D

Edited by 暁

Why's Lowen green? Also, no more having to choose between Loberta and a very rejuvenating Elixir?

It's barely a choice at all: the Lobera is infinitely superior to the Elixir. In addition, the Elixir was replaced with Boots. Not that there's any choice between Lobera and Boots, though...

It's barely a choice at all: the Lobera is infinitely superior to the Elixir. In addition, the Elixir was replaced with Boots. Not that there's any choice between Lobera and Boots, though...

Glad to see you got the joke...

Ninan with boots would be sexya valuable utility.

Why is his armour the same colour as his hair? You easily have space for another few colours. :/

*checks*

From what I can tell, there's room for 3 more colours.

It seems weird that you're changing his armour colour, just a little though, cause I can understand it in the game where in FE they like to have the whole, Red/Green/Yellow thing going on, but in Elibian Nights there isn't such, I assume, but to change his armour to his hair colour seems a bit iffy, and then to make his shirt his previous armour colour? Come on, you can do better than that Arch.

EDIT:

Also, why does he still have a mop in his face? From personal experience I can say that it isn't functional in any way and if anything just makes you look like a retard.

Plus, you've again used his hair colour for what seems to be an undershirt?(Forgot the r for a second there, undershit, wut.)

Personally, I would have used the darkest and second darkest skin shades, especially considering it's the same tone as the armour.

Thanks for dumping your CNC in my topic? I'm not a graphics artist so it's pretty much useless, but pointing your finger at me and asserting that I can do better is quite amusing nevertheless. AstraLunaSol made the sprite, so you can go shit on him if you feel so inclined. Not that I think it's necessary, the sprite is fine as-is. The armor color changes don't bother me (Marcus went from brown to purple in the transition to FE7 -> FE6, and he didn't even get a new style of armor), and Lowen's still got his signature mop because, well, can you really take that away and have it still be Lowen? There are literally no issues with the sprite beyond personal preference. This is the direction ALS wanted to take when aging Lowen and I fully support it.

I wasn't trying to be negative, just starting what I thought, please don't get on the defensive because of that.

Also, I commented here because that's where I saw the sprite, plus I don't recall seeing anywhere about who made it. Most if not all of what I said was opinion, meaning it isn't necessary, and is more of an aesthetic point of view rather than a technical and 'correct' one. Also, Marcus didn't go from brown to purple, remember that FE6 comes after FE7. Also, that in itself is a rather poor example , or maybe it's the point you're trying to make, no offense.

Markus had definite facial changes, along with his body modifications, he has less of a beard as well, his hair can be explained by his strict knighthood.

If you look at the following four young/old sprites, you'll see that they were all modified off the older base, but have all gone through facial, hair and body changes, some not as significant as others, but still a change all the less. As for your Lowen, all he's done is gone to the armory and got the tackiest coloured armour he could find and chucked it on, which is the same colour as his hair, he probably decided to do this either for lols, or to distract people from the fact his hair is still hanging over his face.

fireemblemgraphicallazi.png

*ignore the rest of the mugs, they were there for a point I was going to make, but I've kind of forgotten what it was. ;-;

Edited by 暁

Also, Marcus didn't go from brown to purple, remember that FE6 comes after FE7. Also, that in itself is a rather poor example , or maybe it's the point you're trying to make, no offense.

Marcus was brown in FE7, purple in FE6, FE6 comes after FE7, therefore purple comes after brown, therefore Marcus changed from brown to purple. I is confused. mellow.gif

And ALS is a winner, alright.