[OUTDATED] Elibian Nights

Arch

AND i recuited Jaffer and defended pent, which didn't get me the angel of life achivement

That's not how you get the angel of life achievement.

Jaffar has to die after being recruited, and then you have to complete the mission.

Although it said it gave me the achievement when I did this, in the achievement section it wasn't unlocked. But this happened to.... something else to. The Matthew achievement maybe? Can't remember.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yea, I got the Gespenst glitch too, I didn't remember that it was supposed to be a tome and I was just surprised that I got a weapon no one could use.

And I checked the achievements again, a bunch of them were messed up too. Brendan's was unlocked and what he said was what Matthew's achievement is supposed to say (with Matthew's portrait).

BTW, I'm using a clean save file.

I'm using NUPS. I didn't realize it had been updated, like, ever? I would have thought NL would get the actual patching logic right the first time... ?

Maybe it hasn't ever been updated, I don't know, I was using something else altogether back then. It was a while ago...

Edited by Nitramyte

Not sure if this was mentioned, but I gave Hector's tomahawk to Orun and the animation froze on the normal Great Knight axe animation. Maybe Arch forgot to insert the ranged axe animation? And Hector's tale doesn't end if he dies,(totally done for testing, definitely not me sucking at all)

Also, a playable Karel randomly spawned in the tale select and was stuck in a wall.

Edited by Tangerine

I'm using NUPS. I didn't realize it had been updated, like, ever? I would have thought NL would get the actual patching logic right the first time... ?

Last update I can think of was early 2009 or something.

Just noticed this, but Natalie doesn't reset if replaying Tale 1.

Also, you can only talk to Damas once after unlocking the Dastards! achievement.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Just noticed this, but Natalie doesn't reset if replaying Tale 1.

Also, you can only talk to Damas once after unlocking the Dastards! achievement.

How'd you get the Dastards! achievement anyways? I'm confused on this one. If it's not spoiling too much to ask. =P

How'd you get the Dastards! achievement anyways? I'm confused on this one. If it's not spoiling too much to ask. =P

If you really want to know...

finish Tale 1 in 10 turns or less.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Well, it's sad to hear about all these glitches. I hoped that there wouldn't be so many problems. I'm sorry, guys. I'll try to get a patch with Zealot's tale playable up tomorrow, maybe Shaver fixed, but that's about all I'll likely be doing for v4.0ish.

I've already started production of Elibian Nights v5. What's special about that? Well, I've basically scrapped the entire EN ROM and I'm starting over, rebuilding from the ground up to make use of the many organizational tricks I've learned while developing the project over the past several months. It'll be internally cleaner, more thoroughly built, and the final product will hopefully be bug-free.

Edited by Arch

Well, it's sad to hear about all these glitches. I hoped that there wouldn't be so many problems. I'm sorry, guys. I'll try to get a patch with Zealot's tale playable up tomorrow, maybe Shaver fixed, but that's about all I'll likely be doing for v4.0ish.

I've already started production of Elibian Nights v5. What's special about that? Well, I've basically scrapped the entire EN ROM and I'm starting over, rebuilding from the ground up to make use of the many organizational tricks I've learned while developing the project over the past several months. It'll be internally cleaner, more thoroughly built, and the final product will hopefully be bug-free.

No need to apologize. This is an awesome hack, and an awesome patch. I feel almost bad telling you about bugs, like I'm asking you to fix shit, when you've already given me a couple hours of brand new unique awesome game with a heavy dose of nostalgia on the side. =X Good luck with v5,

I've basically scrapped the entire EN ROM and I'm starting over, rebuilding from the ground up to make use of the many organizational tricks I've learned while developing the project over the past several months. It'll be internally cleaner, more thoroughly built, and the final product will hopefully be bug-free.

Excellent idea IMO and I bet many other hacks, like GhebFE, would have turned out better that way too btw. Let me know if I can help in any way.

Dont know why but when i play karels tale it freezes when i get to the first battle with the cyclops it loads the map then freezes and screechs at me anyone else having this problem i would really like to know how to get past this problem

Shaver and tale 7 work just fine for me though

And just in case anyone asks i am useing the most recent patch

other then that still love it cant wait for the next patch

I don't really know what happened there, but if anyone else has any insights I'll investigate.

Beyond that, I'd like to give you all my first update from ENv5. Say hello to the new boss of Tale 1; goodbye Werner, hello Warner (beautifully sprited by SquareRootOfPi)!

warnermotherfucker.png