[OUTDATED] Elibian Nights

Arch

I have no clue if this has been reported or not, so sorry ahead of time if you know about this, but during Karel's tale, on the portion with the cyclops, my game's crashing. The cyclops attacks Karel, Karel counterattacks, then it goes to player phase. On Player phase, Karel and the cyclops kinda vanish off the map for a moment, then the game just turns black, or I'm stuck on an empty map.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in pent's tail, an morph sage attacked Louise with Shaver and the battle animations for the sage, shaver, and Louise, froze but the music still continued.

Shaver doesn't work. The spell animation isn't working correctly.

I just fucking fixed Shaver, I swear :(:. It was fixed yesterday... Can someone report if Aircalibur and Artemis are working? FEditor has a REALLY annoying habit of forgetting where it put the spell animations it inserted.

Edited by Arch

Aircalibur is functioning fine, though the animation looks a little glitchy. The thing with Shaver isn't that the animation doesn't work at all. It freezes halfway through it. And only when used by an enemy, it seems. In fact, seeing that I can use it with Canas with no problems, it may not be a problem with Shaver's animation at all.

Haven't gotten to test Artemis yet (I'm just on Douglas' tale atm)

But yes, Arch, what is the status on various achievements? Are there any you're aware of that aren't working properly?

For example, the achievement in Hector's tale relating to the Playing Card that I talked about above, the one with the Master Swords unlocking too early.

I've only found Jake on one or two maps, but he appears unlocked in the Achievements room - but when I talk to him, it's his dialogue from Eliwood's Tale.

Is "Unwritten History" supposed to be unlocked through the convo between Erk/Douglas? It mentions a guy named Nando... unless he's someone from Legault's tale though, I don't believe the name has come up in FE6 or 7, and if it has I haven't been able to find out anything about him, like if he even exists.

Edited by Blaze the Sage

God dammit... I'm gonna have to check all the achievements again. Thanks for the reports. Fuck things that break senselessly, I didn't change anything with a few of those achievements and they're just broken out of nowhere. Ugh...

I've played through most of V4ish, and i can report that most of the bugs are fixed! the Shaver animation works fine for me, and so does trading.

However, Tale 7 does to me what Tale 6 did in the beta - it wont let you access it, so choosing that tale just puts you in an endless loop of going back to the title screen, then restarting the chapter etc.

Also, in Tale 6 map 2, the cursor was originally fixed on Priscilla who for some reason made a surprise cameo outside of the map, but i was able to use the info screen to reach Karel and play the tale through. (Also, some of the forests don't look normal, this isn't a major issue though)

Otherwise, great work, cant wait for v5 (:

Edit: Played through Tale 6 twice again and Priscilla never showed up. The turn ending thing is true for me though (if Karel ends a map on his turn the next map will start on the enemy term etc)

Edited by SuperXela69

One other question... is the Damas achievement for Eliwood's tale or Merlinus' tale?

The Onslow hint in Damas' unit info makes me want to say it's from 1x, but it's obviously not to take out Onslow quickly (assuming it's working right), as I took him out the turn he appeared with no achievement.

In Karel's tale, if you use the start button to skip cutscenes between the maps, an EP will start immediately on the new map. (I'm not sure this is 100% reproducible, and it might have something to do with whether you finish the previous map on PP or EP)

This thread is about EN. If you don't want your name at all connected with it, don't post here

Leave this place, and Nayr return

That's as a contributor.

As far as anybody is concerned I had nothing to do with the project's creation or development. I'm just an average SF citizen now who can/will look in on the project the way everyone else does. :p

So, I got past my previous issue. No clue how, but it just decided to work. Anyways, when Karel confronts Karla the first time he says "I will have stand triumphant over the entire family." just a small grammatical error.

In Karel's tale, if you use the start button to skip cutscenes between the maps, an EP will start immediately on the new map. (I'm not sure this is 100% reproducible, and it might have something to do with whether you finish the previous map on PP or EP)

The reason for this is as since the single chapter is continuous battles, if it was Karel's turn when his finished the Bern map for example, it will start out on the enemy phase on the next map, yet if Karel killed the last enemy on the enemy phase as a counter attack, the next turn on the next battle will be Karel's.

At least it's consistent.

Also another issue with Karel's tale - if you die on the first map (yeah, i was totally testing the game thoroughly and not at all failing... :P) there is no game over - instead a limitless enemy phase.

Oh and randomly i completed Map 1, went to Map 2, then the game made an evil screechy noise and got stuck. Weird, because i had played through the whole tale before.

Edit: Replayed Tale 6 and the game didnt break this time.

Edited by SuperXela69

Does this have have my beloved ErkySerra power couple?

'Fraid not - Serra is in Hector's tale in Ostia, while Erk has remained with Pent in his tales. The two don't get a chance to interact, and I'm sure Erk is all the happier for it.

I didn't have any problem with shaver on enemy phase or Eleanora's death...

(it's proably a stupid question, but is everyone patching the game with a recent-ish version of NUPS or something? I had weird glitches while playing Tactics Universe when I was patching with something else that was outdated. The game was pretty much completely playable cept for these weird little glitches... I don't know a thing about hacking or patching or what have you, though, so I'm probably saying really stupid stuff, but it's uh...worth asking, since I've had no problem with shaver or Eleanora's death.)

Anyways, the "glitches" I've found so far (I'm on Karel's tale) are that if you or an enemy is on a green unit's tile, said unit doesn't appear at all. I missed Canas and Nino that way at first. Oh, and killing the boss in Pent's sidequest is kinda...lame, considering it's obvious the game doesn't intend you to kill him at all but he's rather easy to reach by like turn 8 without using savestates or anything.

And this hack is just incredible.

I didn't have any problem with shaver on enemy phase or Eleanora's death...

(it's proably a stupid question, but is everyone patching the game with a recent-ish version of NUPS or something? I had weird glitches while playing Tactics Universe when I was patching with something else that was outdated. The game was pretty much completely playable cept for these weird little glitches... I don't know a thing about hacking or patching or what have you, though, so I'm probably saying really stupid stuff, but it's uh...worth asking, since I've had no problem with shaver or Eleanora's death.)

Anyways, the "glitches" I've found so far (I'm on Karel's tale) are that if you or an enemy is on a green unit's tile, said unit doesn't appear at all. I missed Canas and Nino that way at first. Oh, and killing the boss in Pent's sidequest is kinda...lame, considering it's obvious the game doesn't intend you to kill him at all but he's rather easy to reach by like turn 8 without using savestates or anything.

And this hack is just incredible.

With you mentioning this, there's something I've been wondering with the reported glitches. Maybe starting a new file would help that, unless those people have already. With the trading glitch, I was using a file from the previously released 4.0 beta and reported the trading glitch still there. However, when I started a new game, that glitch had not yet occurred. Maybe that will help make things more accurate.

(it's proably a stupid question, but is everyone patching the game with a recent-ish version of NUPS or something?

I'm using NUPS. I didn't realize it had been updated, like, ever? I would have thought NL would get the actual patching logic right the first time... ?

Oh, and killing the boss in Pent's sidequest is kinda...lame, considering it's obvious the game doesn't intend you to kill him at all but he's rather easy to reach by like turn 8 without using savestates or anything.

We already have one Jumping the Shark achievement though. (Because the Sacae boss guy is across a river, I can't help but picture the waters of Sacae as being horribly shark-infested...)

also, unlocked dead weight in pent's tail, which also unlocked world traviler even though i never met jake.

hell, i even collected all three artifacts from "other worlds" and i didn't get Emblemologist, speaking of that, those items seem to be of infinate amount in certain spots on the level, i just find that odd

Edited by HF Makalov Fanboy Kai

What exactly are the items, anyway? Does the Old Bracelet count?

i'm almost certain it does as we got that from FE8, the scroll from FE5, and an Leo orb from FE3

AND i beat pent's gaiden, and i found the dark magic tome Gespenst, which looks like an axe and was once used by the white wolf dispite the white wolf being unable to use dark magic or axes.

AND i looked at the achivements where it seems i unlocked Brandon's achievement, but mathew showed up and said i unlocked king of theifs.

so the unwritten history achivement i got at pent's gaiden....didn't get unlocked for the achievements, which i got by having erk talk to douglas

AND i recuited Jaffer and defended pent, which didn't get me the angel of life achivement

Edited by HF Makalov Fanboy Kai