[OUTDATED] Elibian Nights

Arch

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Wipes hands*

Well, that was one hell of a ride just to read through. Now that that's settled...

Sad to see this prolonged, but oh well. Hopefully Tale 2 will be awesome in all its new glory and those new maps won't be too much trouble.. And I put forth my vote for Loli Echidna as well.

Edited by Taku

If she's in her 30s in FE6 as per general consensus, she wouldn't be anywhere near a loli in the EN timeframe. Hell, she could barely be younger than Nino. (Ok, I guess she could squeeze into the loli range then...)

Edit: Actually, you know what... come to think of it, if Pent's tale has Klein and Clarine as newborns, then it must be fairly early on in the 7-6 time gap. So that might mean Nino's sprite is a bit too aged...

The different tales are at different times between FE7 and 6, and I don't think the tale numbers are chronological. New Raven tale could just be late enough to make things work

wow. the last two pages made me lose faith in the human race a bit. but okay.

well seeing that v4.0 pulled a minecraft, does anyone know where i can download the beta for zealot's story or is it a private beta for private beta testers? Facepalm_emote_gif.gif

prepare to watch Raven hunting the assassin Alastor in the Western Isles.

look forward to seeing Geitz wandering through the Western Isles.
Western Isles

YESH! I'd totally make a map(s) for this, becuase I'm absolutely in love with the WI tilesets.

I just feel like all the canon that is EN got thrown out the window, for some reason. Like I already accepted everything that happened in EN to be factual, straight from Nintendo. XD

too bad, at least we get more new tailstales, right? :D

I just feel like all the canon that is EN got thrown out the window, for some reason. Like I already accepted everything that happened in EN to be factual, straight from Nintendo. XD

too bad, at least we get more new tailstales, right? :D

The only change is moving Raven's chapter to the Western Isles. Really, it makes sense. We already have Eliwood's and Hector's chapters happening in Lycia, and as of yet none of the chapters take place in the Western Isles. With Pent's chapter happening in Valor, Douglas' in Etruria, Lyn's in Sacae, Zealot's in Ilia, and Zephiel's presumably in Bern, moving Raven covers every nation in Elibe.

The only change is moving Raven's chapter to the Western Isles. Really, it makes sense. We already have Eliwood's and Hector's chapters happening in Lycia, and as of yet none of the chapters take place in the Western Isles. With Pent's chapter happening in Valor, Douglas' in Etruria, Lyn's in Sacae, Zealot's in Ilia, and Zephiel's presumably in Bern, moving Raven covers every nation in Elibe.

... Huh. It does, doesn't it? I guess this really was a good thing :3

Awesome. Maybe Geese will make a cameo by chance?

I'm going to risk the warn here and wonder what it was that Nayr might have responded with XD

Now to avoid being off topic, does this mean we can get loli!Echidna?

Why would you taunt everybody with awesome that is probably never going to happen, although Geese being recruited in the WI would give a decent excuse for Geitz to show up with him.

Edited by Mikethfc

I kinda feel like it would make more sense to have Geitz where Fargus currently is. :

If she's in her 30s in FE6 as per general consensus, she wouldn't be anywhere near a loli in the EN timeframe. Hell, she could barely be younger than Nino. (Ok, I guess she could squeeze into the loli range then...)

Edit: Actually, you know what... come to think of it, if Pent's tale has Klein and Clarine as newborns, then it must be fairly early on in the 7-6 time gap. So that might mean Nino's sprite is a bit too aged...

Well Louise was already pregnant with Klein during FE7. And most, if not all of the tales take place at least five years after FE7 ends. So mentioning Klein as a newborn is probably an easily fixable error on Arch's part.

No love for the Nabata Desert, eh?

Wait, Karel's tale has a desert section, isn't it? Can it count even if it's just a small segment of the whole chapter...? lol

Except Klein isn't really mentioned as a "newborn." Pent even remarks that Klein, now five years old, shows no signs of magical ability. Nevertheless, I just did a script revision to mention Klein's age (5) which firmly solidifies Pent's place in the timeline and explicitly states the gap between the two siblings In FE6 Klein is 19, making Clarine 14, which seems to be about accurate.

Except Klein isn't really mentioned as a "newborn." Pent even remarks that Klein, now five years old, shows no signs of magical ability. Nevertheless, I just did a script revision to mention Klein's age (5) which firmly solidifies Pent's place in the timeline and explicitly states the gap between the two siblings In FE6 Klein is 19, making Clarine 14, which seems to be about accurate.

Ahhh, ok ok ok. In 3.7, the whole thing with their current ages is approximately clear as mud in Pent and Douglas' dialogue. I totally couldn't follow that part. Thanks very much for revising it :)

It would have helped if I didn't derp and think that Klein and Clarine were supposed to be fraternal twins. It looks like the exact age gap isn't stated anywhere, but that seems like a more than justifiable choice, as long as we're making things up to fill the gaps...

The only change is moving Raven's chapter to the Western Isles. Really, it makes sense.... moving Raven covers every nation in Elibe.

... But why would he go all the way out there to avenge House Cornwell?

Edited by zahlman

wow. the last two pages made me lose faith in the human race a bit. but okay.

well seeing that v4.0 pulled a minecraft, does anyone know where i can download the beta for zealot's story or is it a private beta for private beta testers? Facepalm_emote_gif.gif

It's downloadable a few pages back, you just have to look for it.

... But why would he go all the way out there to avenge House Cornwell?

He's a pissed off guy, and pissed off people are pretty committed.

Edited by deranger

Well, as I was hammering out the details for Raven's new tale I decided that EN's going to undergo a bit of a shuffle.

orderingshuffle.png

In the old version, Tale 1, Tale 2, and Tale 3 were all sources of disrupt in Lycia which culminated into the civil war in Hector's tale (Tale 5). Since Raven's Tale no longer works with that, it's been bumped up in the ordering (now Tale 5). Lyn's Tale bumped up to Tale 2, and Hector's Tale is now the third tale. What I have planned for Raven's tale is quite huge, I feel like keeping it in the first tier of tales somewhat usurps the other two. Raven's new tale could very well be two parts; I'm still deciding exactly how everything's going to go, but it's shaping up to be epic.

One thing to keep in mind, while I'd definitely place the actual hack as higher priority, you should update the screenshot rotation thingy in your signature at some point, if only to remove Nayr's elements from it, like Thorben talking to his assassin about Hector telling Raven the truth.

Something I thought of that could be fit into Raven's Tale. FE7's canon has Lucius opening up an orphanage in Araphen, though to my knowledge, nothing in his supports seems to give his reasons for it. FE6 has the Western Isles to be a pretty poor place for a majority of the populace to live in. Perhaps you could have Lucius show his reasons for opening the orphanage after seeing the kinds of lives that people live on the Western Isles or something to that effect, Arch?

I just don't think he fits. I'd expect him to stay with his best friends Dan and Rebecca so he can help restore Dan's memory and help out with the reconstruction of Pherae. Suddenly going off to help Raven with his revenge doesn't seem like it's in character for him.

I mean just look at the people's motivations in Tale 2:

Raven: Wants to get revenge obviously.

Lucius: In love with Raven.

Priscilla: She's Raven's sister.

Geitz: A wanderer. He fits anywhere.

Heath: In love with Priscilla.

With Wil, he says that he's doing it to help a friend, but Dan also needs help and he's childhood friends with him. Why would he pick Raven over Dan?

Also looking at his performance in the tale, Wil's offense is balls. The only enemies he can double are the soldiers, the Steel Axe/Lance Paladins, the Great Knights, and the Mage Knight (which requires an Iron Bow), and he doesn't ORKO them anyway. That's pretty pathetic, not being able to ORKO loldiers. With a Steel Bow, he 3HKOs the Nomad Troopers, 5-6HKOs the Halberdiers, 3HKOs the soldiers, 3HKOs the Paladins, and 2HKOs the Mages, but doesn't double. With a Cleave Bow, he does ORKO the Great Knights, but against the Generals, he 3HKOs the Generals and doesn't double. Keep in mind that Wil is a Sniper, so has no enemy phase. Defensively, Wil is better. 3HKOd by Halberdiers and 29-31 ATK generals, 6HKO'd by the Steel Bow Nomad Troopers, 4HKOd by the soldiers, 4-5HKOd by the mages, and 3HKOd by the Mage Knight. His avoid is somewhat unreliable though.

Basically he's not that bad at taking hits, but it's inefficient to let him get attacked on the enemy phase, and his Player Phase isn't very good. So not only do we have a character who seems out of place in this tale but he also sucks in it.

Since we're moving the tale to the Western Isles though, Wil's offense there might improve if he's kept since he'll probably face different enemies.

He already gets a killer bow and various other tweaks in the latest patch, and he didn't leave Dan and Rebecca. He was in the Caelin knights prior to joining Raven, and meets up with Dan and Rebecca after the events of tale old two/ new six. Though, the tales do not necessarily have to be played in that order.

Well I did download this version:

Download Latest Version (v3.6)

So in the new beta of v4 that's been handed out to some people, I guess Wil has gotten the Killer Bow. Who knows, maybe he's been improved enough to make his player phase actually remarkable instead of "lol". I wouldn't know since I wasn't given the latest beta.

I didn't know that the tales played in a different order than 1 then 2, then 3, etc. I guess it makes a little more sense, but it still doesn't seem like Wil should be in the tale.

Well, Dark Sage, Wil actually has been removed from the cast of Raven's Tale. Wil joined up with Raven after leaving the Caelin Knights to help out his friend. While Raven wouldn't say "baaw, I really want to avenge Cornwell but it's really far away," Wil probably would because he isn't as invested in Raven's conflict as the others. Wil is confined to Tale 1x now, unless I write him in elsewhere (which could be entirely possible). Raven's tale is getting a new cast member, and Geitz will likely take over Wil's role, acting as a psuedo archer.

The beta is also available to everybody, Dark Sage, but it's terribly outdated. I might upload a new one later with a few more bugfixes before we start the radical overhaul.

Edited by Arch