[OUTDATED] Elibian Nights

Arch

That's great. I'm very happy that Wil's confined to 1x. I'm curious on what the new character will be in your new version, so I'll be eagerly awaiting the new version of Tale 2.

I'm glad you decided to move the tale to the Isles. The Western Isles was my favorite section of FE6 and it had a lot of really good characters there. I wonder if Bartre or Karla will be in the new version of the tale (IIRC, Bartre is from the Isles and since he and Karla are an item, it wouldn't be farfetched for them to maybe be there).

Edited by Dark Sage

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The beta is also available to everybody, Dark Sage, but it's terribly outdated. I might upload a new one later with a few more bugfixes before we start the radical overhaul.

Please do, I would love to play Karel's Tale.

Please do, I would love to play Karel's Tale.

Not only that, but it stops others from playing Lucius Tale as well, since I'm pretty sure you have to finish Karel's to activate Lucius. I was able to play Lucius with a save from the previous Elibian Nights, but a new game of the beta I wasn't able to.

Anyways, Raven's tale sounds like it could be a big one. Can't wait.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19964863/EN%20v4ish.ups

Here we are, I present to you all "Elibian Nights v4.0ish." I didn't get a chance to fix 100% of the reported glitches from before, but all of the critical ones should be gone. Please report any bugs you find (hopefully there are far fewer than the last release). This is the closest thing to a full v4 release as we're probably going to get. I'll fix any critical bugs, and minor ones will be fixed at my leisure (which could mean they don't get fixed until the next full release, I am in college after all and don't have much time for leisurely hacking).

With that, I suppose I begin work on Elibian Nights v5.

Played for a small bit, the only problem that I see currently from what I've played is the trade glitch still in there, from Lyn's tutorial in the original game. This wouldn't really bother me, but it really limits Legault's tale as those you rescue are pretty much useless since I can't trade them items.

Edited by Taku

Found a description boo-boo.

FireEmblem.png

Jan hides his/her true identity well.

Also, you don't get any experience from any units except like the Hero and Wyvern Lords.

As for trading, I could trade just fine.

If Jan dies in pt.1 then he doesn't appear on the map when him and Legault talk, kinda funny looking. Part two is peppered with typos as well.

Opal's and Nando's talk event does not work.

Zephiel's King description needs to be changed also.

Edited by kittE

One thing that's been bugging me, though I wouldn't blame in the slightest for not answering...

[spoiler=Because why the hell not, it's worth a shot]I've been looking at the Achievement with Damas ("Dastards: They're not his men yet, but with haste they must be met"). I'm trying to figure out how to unlock this one (purely for testing purposes, I assure you >.>), and I figure, screw it. I'll come out and ask. How DO you get that one? I ASSUME it's in 1x, due to the Onslow hint. Do you need to kill every enemy in a certain time frame or something? Maybe let Onslow live? (It's certainly not killing him quickly - he died on my first player phase following his arrival thanks to a crit from Rebecca)

This is gonna bug me till I figure it out.

Also, while I'm asking, do you know if there are any achievements listed in this version that aren't obtainable, so I don't waste my time trying futilely to figure them out?

Zealot's Tale is broken.. keeps resetting the game for me.

Which kinda sucks seeing now i'm stuck at "Ilia's Young Commander" with no way back... :(

Edited by Swinger

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19964863/EN%20v4ish.ups

Here we are, I present to you all "Elibian Nights v4.0ish." I didn't get a chance to fix 100% of the reported glitches from before, but all of the critical ones should be gone. Please report any bugs you find (hopefully there are far fewer than the last release). This is the closest thing to a full v4 release as we're probably going to get. I'll fix any critical bugs, and minor ones will be fixed at my leisure (which could mean they don't get fixed until the next full release, I am in college after all and don't have much time for leisurely hacking).

With that, I suppose I begin work on Elibian Nights v5.

I love you. I'm going to start playing now!

In the old version, Tale 1, Tale 2, and Tale 3 were all sources of disrupt in Lycia which culminated into the civil war in Hector's tale (Tale 5). Since Raven's Tale no longer works with that, it's been bumped up in the ordering (now Tale 5). Lyn's Tale bumped up to Tale 2, and Hector's Tale is now the third tale. What I have planned for Raven's tale is quite huge, I feel like keeping it in the first tier of tales somewhat usurps the other two. Raven's new tale could very well be two parts; I'm still deciding exactly how everything's going to go, but it's shaping up to be epic.

Spiffy. Having the three Lord tales together at the start is also a nice touch imo. I like having Wil in Ch1 pt 2, so he, Dan and Rebecca can all have a reunion.

Something I thought of that could be fit into Raven's Tale. FE7's canon has Lucius opening up an orphanage in Araphen, though to my knowledge, nothing in his supports seems to give his reasons for it. FE6 has the Western Isles to be a pretty poor place for a majority of the populace to live in. Perhaps you could have Lucius show his reasons for opening the orphanage after seeing the kinds of lives that people live on the Western Isles or something to that effect, Arch?

Ooh, this has potential.

BTW, as long as we're doing a tale in the Western Isles, can we please have The Frontier and For The Commanders imported from FE6 for PP/EP music? Awesome tracks IMO. (Within the Magnificent Nature is also awesome, but I can see the logic for keeping Lyn's music for her tale...)

"Oh, I'd love to avenge House Cornwell given that it's my personal obsession, but it's just too far" doesn't sound like Raven to me.

Bluh, I didn't communicate that well at all. What I meant was, why is going way out there useful to the goal? Is Thorben (or whatever replacement), like, hiding or something?

----

Also, I am playing the 4.0ish update so hard starting in a few seconds.

EDIT: ZOMGWTF I got credit for something I am totally in squeeing school girl mōdo right now.

Also, using combat preparations music for the tale select is a very nice touch. On my first attempt, I tried playing around with the achievement and bonus content screens a bunch, and then selected to play Hector's tale, and it froze on a black screen :( after a reset it worked fine though. With text speed set to max, the villager comments in the opening scene for Hector's tale just flash and are basically unreadable, and seem to have oddly long pauses in between them. It might not be possible to do anything meaningful about that, though.

Edited by zahlman

Bluh, I didn't communicate that well at all. What I meant was, why is going way out there useful to the goal? Is Thorben (or whatever replacement), like, hiding or something?

I'm not sure Throben's still the culprit in the new plot.

And I miss Wil the good dependable archer already.

Yeah, Thorben being the one responsible was one of the elements Nayr demanded be removed when exploded into angry, which is the reason Raven's not Tale 2 anymore, among other things.

Which does remind me though, considering that... I assume Arch has already taken it into account, but Dawson's speech will need to change at the start of Hector's tale too. Since, you know, Marquess Araphen's not getting assassinated anymore, and that was one of his key points.

Yeah, guys, in accordance with Nayr's claim to that idea, Thorben is no longer the culprit in the assassination of Marquess Cornwell. Raven is instead pursuing Alastor, the previous mini-boss of Tale 2 (Alastor got promoted to main boss, basically); a renowned assassin currently under the employ of Lord Arcard in the Western Isles, the man Raven believes is his father's killer.

Marquess Araphen can always be killed off in a different way to keep his impact in the civil war.

This opinion/suggestion is a freebie since Arch kept his word and adhered to my requests.

Thou dost give thy creative mind a bit too much reverence. I had the idea to write in his assassination almost instantaneously as I started writing the new story, so don't worry, I'm one step ahead of you there.

I'm having trouble with the King of Hearts achievement in Hector's Tale.

I've got the card, and I've found the secret shop. I save-stated, then SOLD the card, and didn't get the achievement. I'm now trying just sitting on the space, but that doesn't seem to be doing anything either. Unless it requires a specific character, I think the achievement may be broken.

Any mention of me where EN is concerned, be it credit, blame, or even the tiniest use of my name vanishes. It should be as if I was never involved at all.

This thread is about EN. If you don't want your name at all connected with it, don't post here

Leave this place, and Nayr return

This thread is about EN. If you don't want your name at all connected with it, don't post here

Leave this place, and Nayr return

No need to continue this. It's over. Drop it!

I enjoyed Tale 7! I also liked how even if you completed the tale requirements, but didn't do it exactly, it wouldn't actually complete the tale. Nice touch!