[OUTDATED] Elibian Nights

Arch

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IDK if this is addressed in the beta (i.e. I'm talking about 3.7 here), but to be honest I feel like the writing in Pent's tales needs a bit of work. It's not clear why Jaffar has switched over to the red team again, and Nino doesn't seem to be quite in her usual character (maybe that's deliberate because she's supposed to be older now? But she still seems to speak too formally IMO), and while the Canas/Nino dialogue seems intended to clarify the whole situation with Niime leading into FE6, it still didn't really seem to make everything click for me. Also, I found the way Pent and Douglas talk about the kids at the beginning of the gaiden to be overall fairly confusing. Maybe just because I'm not familiar enough with their FE6 backstory... but I don't really understand why Pent seems so willing to speculate on Klein and Clarine's future abilities. Did Athos teach him a thing or two about how to see the future? ;)

Re Hector's story: I think I noticed a few oddities about the text, but damned if I can remember them. What exactly are you supposed to do with Erik? Only Serra seems to be able to talk to him, and that doesn't accomplish anything. He also seems to have a small chance of pwning himself on Orun's units. As far as the map design goes, it seems like you're forced to move slowly at the start, and then have an eternity of peaceful terrain to cross after defeating the reinforcements from the south. It takes even longer to detour and recruit Fargus, who then isn't particularly useful :/ (...And WTF is he doing in this chapter anyway?)

How do you unlock Pent's sidequest?

Have Renault go to the alter area (stand in front of the sword). It will trigger an event and when you go to the tale select Douglas should be there.

You know Arch. You make placing blame on me look like an artform.

First there was the whole scapegoating for why the original tales were bad. Now you're twisting the past and changing details to make me responsible for the old tale 7 too.

I'm gonna clarify a few things.

First, that sprite was a complete recolor of Orson. Not a splice. Plus you have no right to throw stones at me for that seeing as you have a plain recolor of Kyle's beta sprite as a character in EN.

Second, you didn't ask me for a Zealot sprite. I didn't even know he was gonna be in the chapter till I saw Dei's.

Third, the reason I had the idea for "Zealot's dad"(from the start, btw) is because in FE6 Zealot is only in his thirties. Meaning in the timeframe it was tale was going to be in at the time he would be a teenager.

It almost never comes up anymore that I helped get this project going. If I hadn't pitched those ideas you love to bash so much, your project would have died as an abandoned crappy BSFE remake and you'd have never thought of it. These days I'm still a convenient place for you to shift any negativity towards.

And btw, it's a little hard to be accommodating when I'm intentionally pushed out in favor of others. For the last two years and several projects by you(Kyle And Forde Are Dead, Arc of Justice, FE4 Advance, and Elibian Nights) I've been a very accommodating person. I just picked a backstabbing user as a client.

Edited by Nayr

And btw, it's a little hard to be accommodating when I'm intentionally pushed out in favor of others. For the last two years and several projects by you(Kyle And Forde Are Dead, Arc of Justice, FE4 Advance, and Elibian Nights) I've been a very accommodating person. I just picked a backstabbing user as a client.

Lol, you act like he wouldn't do the same to any of us. If AK made a Sain, he'd shove mine out in seconds, and I wouldn't have any problem with that. I'm pretty sure no one would have any problems if their sprite was replaced with something of better quality. You're the only one who gets butt hurt about it, get over it :P

Just because you make a bunch of things for someone, doesn't mean that they have to take everything they give you. Arch has a quality standard, and you're just not up to it ' x'

It almost never comes up anymore that I helped get this project going. If I hadn't pitched those ideas you love to bash so much, your project would have died as an abandoned crappy BSFE remake and you'd have never thought of it. These days I'm still a convenient place for you to shift any negativity towards.

Lolwut

48c1e46a9aaca42e4160ec4.png

Edited by seph1212

It was a funny anecdote in the creation of Tale 7, nothing more. If you don't want to be recalled for funny anecdotes, don't do stupid and laughable things. I asked you for Zealot, you came back to me with "well, let's have Zealot's dad." Which, ya know, wouldn't have been too bad if Zealot's dad wasn't an outright recolor of Orson. That's all there is to it. Recolor of beta!Kyle appears for all of two seconds, so don't you try using that as some justification to make such silliness more acceptable.

Also, you came up with the idea, and I never said you didn't. I don't think I should be required to put in every update, "Nayr came up with the idea for Elibian BSFE chapters." You got that credit, that's all you deserve and that's all you get. I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't go around claiming all credit for this project, its popularity and its quality. If it were up to you, the hack would be a clusterfuck of sub-par graphics, uninteresting plots, and poorly-coded gameplay. I put 100s of hours into this project, I've scrapped entire chapters, rewritten things from scratch; I've sacrificed hours of work, and all in the name of "quality." Providing a quality product is my standard, clearly not yours'. It's one of the key reasons this hack is what it is. Anyone can come up with some game where Elibian characters show up and people fangasm. This project has quality behind it, and that's no thanks to you.

To everyone else, I'm sorry that these nasty dealings have to unfold publicly. My preference would've been to keep the issue privately contained, but Nayr chose otherwise and I felt a need to respond publicly in-turn to set the record straight. He is, after all, attempting to assassinate my character and claim credit for my entire project, and that simply shall not stand.

Edited by Arch

I'm sorry that these nasty dealings have to unfold publicly. My preference would've been to keep the issue privately contained, but Nayr chose otherwise and I felt a need to respond publicly in-turn to set the record straight. He is, after all, attempting to assassinate my character and claim credit for my entire project, and that simply shall not stand.

capital X capital D

Edited by Celice

Celice, internetz r srs bzness dood :P:.

Moving on, I'm working on 4.0 some more today. There's a big chunk of graphics that are being worked on, and still plenty of little bugs to go iron out. Sorry guys, I keep trying to get stuff done but college and life see to it that I either get distracted or don't have time to do much. I'll keep things updated as we get closer to the actual release.

In other news, we came in 3rd place for the Misc. Category at the Nintendo Community Fangames Convention! Thanks to everyone who showed their support for te project. 3rd place in a category isn't too shabby for a project submitted 15 minutes before the deadline, hahah.

To everyone else, I'm sorry that these nasty dealings have to unfold publicly. My preference would've been to keep the issue privately contained, but Nayr chose otherwise and I felt a need to respond publicly in-turn to set the record straight. He is, after all, attempting to assassinate my character and claim credit for my entire project, and that simply shall not stand.

I'm not trying to claim credit for your entire project. But some recognition for what I have done with no scapegoating, fault placing, or general bashing would be nice. You have to admit, when you all but say that I was stupid and incompetent and how much better Dei is, that's pretty insulting.

Do you know how much character assassination I've received ever since you started pushing me out. It seems like every time you announce a change you have to throw blame to me for the old version. Hell, you might as well put "If you didn't like anything, blame Nayr" at the end of the credits when it's done. Seriously, when people I've never met are rude to me the first time I speak to them, something is wrong. And right now pretty much of the negativity towards me comes from you and your project.

But if that's how you want to play it, fine. Take out every sprite, map, and idea that I've contributed from Elibian Nights and replace them with new things(even the things you've had quality controlled without even telling me). Then remove me from the credits and this subject will just fade into oblivion and we'll be good! If all I am is "sub-par" then this should be no problem for you.

Edited by Nayr

Do you know how much character assassination I've received ever since you started pushing me out. It seems like every time you announce a change you have to throw blame to me for the old version. Hell, you might as well put "If you didn't like anything, blame Nayr" at the end of the credits when it's done. Seriously, when people I've never met are rude to me the first time I speak to them, something is wrong. And right now pretty much of the negativity towards me comes from you and your project.

That negativity actually comes from your lack of willingness to listen to people, constant excuses for problems in your sprites, and not wanting to change obviously wrong things ' x'

Sure, some of it comes from EN, but most of it comes from you. Of course, you won't accept that, so, who cares :P

But if that's how you want to play it, fine. Take out every sprite, map, and idea that I've contributed from Elibian Nights and replace them with new things(even the things you've had quality controlled without even telling me). Then remove me from the credits and this subject will just fade into oblivion and we'll be good! If all I am is "sub-par" then this should be no problem for you.

Lol~

Fine. Continue throwing your tantrum in public. We could, ya know, settle things privately, but apparently you'd rather make an ass out of yourself and continue to dramawhore my project's topic.

Maps and mugs? Fine, consider them gone. Provide a public list of every idea of yours' still intact that I haven't edited myself. Removing your graphics and maps is easy enough, but I'd seriously like to see what you lay credit to hat is intellectually entirely yours' (and if you say anything like "the entire concept," I'm just gonna laugh).

Edited by Arch

*raeg*

tiem for work

Is it really a good idea to be doing all of this? Maybe there's something I'm not getting, but I think it would best to sort this out in a more of a manner where almost everyone is happy, like a situation where Nayr is credited for his contributions and not bashed around for certain things and Arch keeps the maps and portraits that have already been donated. Again, I might not understand the full extent of this argument, since I didn't get what was going on on the page 73 anyways. Hopefully this won't end on some rage-induced argument and will end on a positive resolution.

Is it really a good idea to be doing all of this? Maybe there's something I'm not getting, but I think it would best to sort this out in a more of a manner where almost everyone is happy, like a situation where Nayr is credited for his contributions and not bashed around for certain things and Arch keeps the maps and portraits that have already been donated. Again, I might not understand the full extent of this argument, since I didn't get what was going on on the page 73 anyways. Hopefully this won't end on some rage-induced argument and will end on a positive resolution.

Thanks, I needed a laugh xD

We're already working on replacing everything, which isn't much, so there's no problem there. And Arch has stated that he doesn't really want Nayr's work anymore. Not much you can do there, but I'm sure there's another topic elsewhere on the forums that could use your wishful thinking.

Edited by seph1212

No one really knows what happened on that page, Nayr seemed to blow up out of nowhere. Regardless, there will be no 'happy ending', sorry. It's apparent that Arch doesn't need Nayr and neither Nayr Arch. It's most likely for the best that the two go their separate ways. Arch back to finishing up EN and Nayr... I have no idea, he really does need a hobby.

If he wants out, he can get out. It's really no skin off my back at all.

All I've ever done to the guy is tell a true anecdote about the creation of Tale 7 and talk about how I wasn't happy with the Tale 1 created based on his outline. If he's gonna blow everything out of proportion I don't see how this can end positively. Thank you for the input, but I've got enough headaches as it is without Nayr harassing my topic. It's best to just burn the bridge and be done at this point.

3 maps and 5 mugs to be replaced. I'll live.

Fine. Continue throwing your tantrum in public. We could, ya know, settle things privately, but apparently you'd rather make an ass out of yourself and continue to dramawhore my project's topic.

Maps and mugs? Fine, consider them gone. Provide a public list of every idea of yours' still intact that I haven't edited myself. Removing your graphics and maps is easy enough, but I'd seriously like to see what you lay credit to hat is intellectually entirely yours' (and if you say anything like "the entire concept," I'm just gonna laugh).

Well let's see. Off hand.

~~~~

The bandits assaulting Pherae castle in tale 1.

Ninian being Eliwood's wife.

Marquess Araphen being responsible for the destruction of House Cornwell, and Raven going after him for it.

Also Geitz being in Raven's party was my idea.

Not to mention the names of the bosses. Werner, Kaleva, and Karman were mine.

~~~~

True you added a lot of details. But at the core, Tales 1 and 2 are rooted from my original pitch.

Those few details are hardly "the entire concept", but still came from me.

I don't want to do this privately because it really solves nothing. You would just say whatever you had to to calm me down. The last time we spoke in private you just badmouthed Seph because you know I don't like the guy. That's just the kind of person you are. When I was the only who would work for you, you had endless love for anything I made for you, but once you found better. All the respect disappeared and you instantly adopted all of their elitism and hate. You have no loyalty or respect.

Also, I don't want any of the replacements even remotely resembling the ones I submitted. And after this. Any mention of me where EN is concerned, be it credit, blame, or even the tiniest use of my name vanishes. It should be as if I was never involved at all.

Alright, I guess it's all for the best then. It was really just that I had seen so many topics with arguments like this one that I felt someone should try to resolve the conflict before it goes absolutely insane. It's understandable that sometimes conflicts have to end like this, let's hope something like this doesn't happen too often or even at all again. Good luck with replacing the 3 maps and 5 portraits.

Ninian being Eliwood's wife.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAH!!

HAAAHAHAHAHA.

All the respect disappeared and you instantly adopted all of their elitism and hate. You have no loyalty or respect.

You keep acting like you're a special case. He'd take out any of my mugs for a better version, he'd take out any of Dei's mugs for a better version, even AK's for a better version. You're not unique, quit acting like it.

And after this. Any mention of me where EN is concerned, be it credit, blame, or even the tiniest use of my name vanishes. It should be as if I was never involved at all.

Like it should have been :3