[OUTDATED] Elibian Nights

Arch

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After finishing Zealot's tale, I go to Chapter 10 and all these messed up graphics show up. Is it supposed to be this way?

If you read more than the first post, you'd have your answer. That version is out of date, and the issue is already resolved. Arch is saving a lot of changes for the next major release.

If you read more than the first post, you'd have your answer. That version is out of date, and the issue is already resolved. Arch is saving a lot of changes for the next major release.

But I did read more than the first post! :( In fact, I looked through ~10 pages and found others with the same problem but no response. Also, I'm using the patch in this post, which is the most recent as far as I can tell.

However, I still sorry I offended you so personally as to have you lash out at me. You see, I read as much as I could before posting my problem but couldn't find the answer D: I am excitedly waiting for the next version, however!

But I did read more than the first post! :( In fact, I looked through ~10 pages and found others with the same problem but no response. Also, I'm using the patch in this post, which is the most recent as far as I can tell.

So I just downloaded the latest patch, the v4.0ish beta. I noticed two glaring problems for me that I don't think anyone else is having much trouble with. First is in Karel's tale. When I get to the 2nd map after beating the boss, it immediately freezes and makes a screeching noise. The other is Zealot's Tale. It goes to the name of his tale, and then back to the title screen. Tried resetting and restarting the chapter. Heck I even restarted the emulator, which is VBA for Windows by the way. Nothing worked. Any tips to fix this? Or will I just have to wait for the next patch?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19964863/EN%20v4ish%20Update.ups

I released this update to "v4ish" a while back to fix the Zealot problem (and a few others, if I recall correctly). Absent-mindedly, I never updated the main post's link with the update :facepalm:. Glad to hear you're enjoying the hack, though! Sorry for the inconvenience.

It's back on page 95. Read a little more of peoples' posts, next time. And if that one's not working, you should try repatching the rom. It worked for everyone else who downloaded it. Mess around.

Edited by seph1212

If you had read my post, you would've noticed that I am using the newest patch and that my problem is not the restarting bug. I am able to play through Zealot's tale, but once I kill Tybalt, the game advances to Chapter 10 with a messed up tileset and endless Enemy Phase.

I also want to say that I downloaded the newest patch, repatched the file, and played through the chapters again but I'm still encountering the same problem.

It's back on page 95. Read a little more of peoples' posts, next time. And if that one's not working, you should try repatching the rom. It worked for everyone else who downloaded it. Mess around.

page 95

While you have a point, in all fairness I can't really blame the guy for not reading everything.

He's remarkably smart and adorable. Can we keep him?

not just because thisis my mental image of him

Trade glitch found. It was after I had defeated all the enemies in Ch 1x. I traded earlier that chapter without issue. Trade was between Dorcas and Dan. I have a save state if you want.

It seems like once it comes it won't go away. I played Rath's tale after playing Merlinus's and got the trade glitch, but when I started from an earlier tale select, I did not get it.

Also, Rath's tale is the best thing ever.

I like the excuse of why there will be no tale about Lyn's revenge on the banditsdevelopment of Lyn's character. It's kinda similar to the V2Raven's.

Edited by deranger

Bit of an update today, no screenshots, but I figured that, since so many people have been playing Tale 7 lately, now might be a good time to update the blog with an article about Sykes. Who the hell is Sykes, and where in the canon does he come from? Read the article and learn the obscure origin of Sykes.

I read and enjoyed the article :3 Also, just liked the FB page, and I noticed your generic morph update a little ways down. I was curious, did you use a different character slot with a different palette for each class? Or did you fiddle with the animations so you could use one palette for them all?

Some of the animations are already structured in a way that the palettes can be shared between certain classes with similarly-structured palettes. There are a few sets of classes with similar palettes, so I could just use one palette for that set, rather than one per class (which is great for saving character slots). Some classes didn't have adaptable palettes, so they had to take up an individual class slot, but implementing generic palettes was pretty manageable.

I don't have those exact lists saved, though. Sorry about that.

Edited by Arch

Ahhh, Kitty of Time just PMed me the lists :)

But thanks, I was thinking for a while of editing allll the animations so they matched up to one palette and then today I realized that's stupid, just use a few different palettes :P So when I saw yours, I was curious; I'm thinking of doing the same kind of thing, I always liked how FE9 had different palettes (I specifically remember when you have to rescue the apostle from Daein's ship invasion, they were like, bright orange XP) Anyway, thanks, that helps a lot! :D

gah now another person is copying my idea, just awesome

i mean, glad I could help

I should warn you that I'm going to use the same idea in a hack of mine temporarily but it was actually taken from one of my friend's hacks... and to be fair I've already "stolen" his idea and used it in ANOTHER hack, so yeah, but I didn't steal the idea from you, so that's my point.

Also I knew about Sykes (I forgot how but at some point I got interested and discovered him I think, it was probably him being in EN + curiosity or something) but the article was interesting nonetheless. You should release more spoilerish articles once the hack's totally done since you won't have to worry too much about spoiling what hasn't been finalized yet, mmhhmm. And actually I mean "I think it would me cool if", not "you should", since only you can really know what you should or shouldn't do. why don't I just fix my previous sentence instead of correcting myself, idk

I should warn you that I'm going to use the same idea in a hack of mine temporarily but it was actually taken from one of my friend's hacks... and to be fair I've already "stolen" his idea and used it in ANOTHER hack, so yeah, but I didn't steal the idea from you, so that's my point.[/s]

>taking strikethrough text seriously

tbh we all stole the idea from FE9 anyway

Found a horrible bug in tale 1 pt2 where it becomes your turn but all the character sprites are invisible. Then the game becomes unplayable and screams at you. There also was a problem in the first chapter. If you let Eliwood die, he has no death quote and his overworld sprite doesn't appear again.

But otherwise, I squeed like hell. I miss new FE7 content ever since I finally completed a playthrough with all of the gaiden chapters last summer. And this is just brilliant.

http://dl.dropbox.co...sh%20Update.ups

I released this update to "v4ish" a while back to fix the Zealot problem (and a few others, if I recall correctly). Absent-mindedly, I never updated the main post's link with the update :facepalm:. Glad to hear you're enjoying the hack, though! Sorry for the inconvenience.

Well now that I've gotten off my lazy butt and checked back here, I'm gonna try this out. I'm super excited though. I seriously can't wait for the final version, I mean seriously, this hack is AMAZING.