Information topic (spoilers)

Thanks very much Sirius. and no worries Ninji x]

I'm using DeSmuME, but do you just need to start a game to be able to play them?

EDIT: Nevermind.

Edited by Kelsper

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just hacked the army data for that episode. I tried hacking and selecting the episodes as the next chapter, but it forces me to download them or something. Maybe there's a better way of doing it, but I'm in no hurry to play them especially when I haven't even gotten past Prologue 2 yet.

Anyway, only the first three episodes are on the ROM, so there's no way of knowing what the last three are going to be. Well, maybe I should check the dialogue data.

Where in the menu can we play/download the BS chapters? I don't go into anything other then the main game, and I don't want to navigate the menu and accidentally delete my save.

2vn50jq.jpg2ymvqep.jpg

Left screen: Download chapters.

Right screen: BSFE chapters.

The option at the bottom right is the clear all data. Just avoid that and you're safe.

Do BS episodes change anything on main quest?

Don't think so.. Think of them as trial maps from FE6/FE9.

Edited by Sirius

I can't seem to get it to work - both options are blanked out. I tried to convert the save, and I think I done it right.. but :\.

You might've downloaded the wrong save or using a different ROM than what I used and IIRC, that save only had the download chapters not the BSFE.

http://www.mediafire...gckk2z026k9rgiz

This one has both. Just place it in the "Battery" folder of No$GBA 2.6a and rename it to be the same as your rom with the extension as .sav

Edited by Sirius

You might've downloaded the wrong save or using a different ROM than what I used and IIRC, that save only had the download chapters not the BSFE.

Turns out I forgot to put the save in the Battery folder. Works perfectly now, thanks. So I take it you so far have only been able to download Episode 1?

EDIT: Managed to get it work on DeSmume, by saving as an action replay .duc file.

Edited by Kelsper

Turns out I forgot to put the save in the Battery folder. Works perfectly now, thanks. So I take it you so far have only been able to download Episode 1?

Yeah, I've been going to the option that downloaded the first episode to see if anything else shows up but haven't gotten anything. VASM says that only 3 episodes are downloaded so I'm checking to see if the other 3 may be downloaded by doing the BSFE maps but I haven't gotten them off that either. Gonna try to score 500 points or more on the last 2 BSFE maps to see if that changes anything.

Left screen: Download chapters.

Right screen: BSFE chapters.

Alright, thanks bro.

Interestingly enough, the download option is blacked out, and I have 4 episodes ready to play. Nyna and the escape from the castle, Minerva and Hardin, Lena and Rickard in the thiefs den with all the treasure, and Camus fighting with the Sable Order. What chapters are left?

Edited by Wolt

Man, "My Unit" is an absolute stud. He has 3 conversations with Malleisa, Catria and Cecil, as well as 2 with Sheeda, Palla and Linde. And I'm just at Chapter 10! This seems to be entirely based on deploying units, because these are all the units I've been using so far. But they're not nearly as limited as FE6-9, as there doesn't seem to be a limit to how much you can get on a single playthrough. I can't figure out the bonuses they give, though, even if I check the stats before and after the convo I can't seem to notice any changes.

I've also gotten several convos between canon characters, namely Marth/Sheeda, Palla/Catria and Rody/Luke, but I take My Unit can converse with pretty much anyone?

To add to the recruitment list:

You can also recruit Jeorge by talking to him with Marth

Can anybody who's made it to the end report when the last moment you can swap your party around is? I'm on chapter 22, which was the last time you got to see the unit select screen in FE3, but who knows for the remake. I definitely don't want to miss any characters, and that includes the final chapter ones. I was expecting deployment to be 15 like it was in FE3, thus allowing me to deploy a team of 11 plus the 4 recruiters, but then they went and reduced the size on me.

Can anybody who's made it to the end report when the last moment you can swap your party around is? I'm on chapter 22, which was the last time you got to see the unit select screen in FE3, but who knows for the remake. I definitely don't want to miss any characters, and that includes the final chapter ones. I was expecting deployment to be 15 like it was in FE3, thus allowing me to deploy a team of 11 plus the 4 recruiters, but then they went and reduced the size on me.

Medeus' map

Edited by Sirius

Has anyone gotten the rainbow potion in game yet? That beast has 77 uses on it so I think they probably would have taken it out of the main game.

Basically the rainbow potion is the ultimate potion. Gives the player +2 to every stat except hp for a chapter.

http://serenesforest.net/fe12/item.html

Has anyone gotten the rainbow potion in game yet? That beast has 77 uses on it so I think they probably would have taken it out of the main game.

Basically the rainbow potion is the ultimate potion. Gives the player +2 to every stat except hp for a chapter.

http://serenesforest.net/fe12/item.html

I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out as being a "cheatcode only" item.

So the three-part final chapter from the SNES game is now three separate chapters?

Yes.

For Lunatic mode, it seems that the gold you start with on Chapter 1 might depend on how many units survived the prologue. I had 3 dead and ended up with 7000G while someone else lost 8 and started with 2000G.

Yes.

For Lunatic mode, it seems that the gold you start with on Chapter 1 might depend on how many units survived the prologue. I had 3 dead and ended up with 7000G while someone else lost 8 and started with 2000G.

That would explain why I had 0 Gold starting out on Lunatic Casual :P

Just got to chapter 15 on maniac mode, as of now all enemies have silver weapons(magic users have bolganone). Also, enemy killer and throwable weapons are forged.

Another thing I noticed was that enemy horseman are wielding swords now, I remember them just using bows in Shadow Dragon.

Unrelated to the above but I was browsing the character relationship chart and saw Beck on the Akaneia/Archanea section, I think that confirms that he is from Akaneia and not a soldier of grust which is listed in the Shadow Dragon section.

Edited by Axefighter Barst