Anime Suggestions?

I've read about three chapters of Spice and Wolf before OneManga decided to be dumb and remove it. The one thing I liked a lot about it was that the protagonist wasn't a teenage cockslob. He also looks like Kyle Hyde, which is a bonus.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read about three chapters of Spice and Wolf before OneManga decided to be dumb and remove it. The one thing I liked a lot about it was that the protagonist wasn't a teenage cockslob. He also looks like Kyle Hyde, which is a bonus.

A-hem...

It isn't OM being dumb. Manga licensers have been after a lot of scanlation sites, OM being one of them.

I only like cool mecha animes, like gaogaigar or gaiking

Get the fuck out of here.

That show is animated brilliance, you INGRATE.

I thought it was an alright series. Everyone just likes to watch Horo doing more cute things, let's be honest.

Cruel Angel's Thesis is fucking awesome. It's like the definitive nineties anime music.

Also, has anyone here seen Evangelion 2.0 yet? Fucking amazing. Loved every minute of it, ten times better than the first film.

Edited by Esau of Isaac

Also, has anyone here seen Evangelion 2.0 yet? Fucking amazing. Loved every minute of it, ten times better than the first film.

Definitely. I want to learn more about the new chick they've added.

Also, I'm so thankful for the rebuild. Honestly, I hated the way Evangelion originally played out, especially the ending. Am I the only one who didn't seem to remember Asuka and the bitchboy having any sort of relationship before it? It was just something odd they threw in, to me.

Anyway, for suggestions? I just finished watching the Valkyria Chornicles Anime. Alright, but I've seen better.

Samurai Champloo is good as well.

I'd recommend Big O,but it's ending was the epitome of Deus Ex Machina endings in the worst way.

Kara no Kyoukai's Animated movies are also top notch. It's more on the serious side, but they throw humor in there as well from time to time. Anyway, it's one of the few OVAs that is almost completely true to the source.

Edited by Furby

All of you bitches watch Durarara!!

Also, if you haven't, watch Clannad, and Clannad After Story. I would do something like suggest Haruhi, but people who haven't seen Haruhi don't exist.

Definitely. I want to learn more about the new chick they've added.

Yeah. I thought that Mari's presence was really weird. She didn't really do much.

Someone else thought that she might have something to do with Asuka, what with her more forthcoming behavior and honesty with her feelings towards Shinji.

Also, I'm so thankful for the rebuild. Honestly, I hated the way Evangelion originally played out, especially the ending. Am I the only one who didn't seem to remember Asuka and the bitchboy having any sort of relationship before it? It was just something odd they threw in, to me.

It was alright in the original anime, I thought. I just didn't like that they never confirmed them getting together.

Though I'm confident that after Third Impact, the two of them became a close couple.

Expected/10

Honestly. He lauds that anime a lot. >__>

While you guys are at it, I'm interersted in getting some recomendations for things I normally wouldn't just pick up on my own but are still good. Generally, I'm a major science fiction nut, which for the most part I've got covered, but also some drama as well, but I could always use some good suggestions there too. I'm especially interested if anyone has any good Mecha suggestions: the whole genera is basically a mystery to me which I can't make heads or tails of.

You can also get a pretty good idea of the way my tastes run from my MAL.

Edited by Le Communard

Well you guys are at it, I'm interersted in getting some recomendations for things I normally wouldn't just pick up on my own but are still good. Generally, I'm a major science fiction nut, which for the most part I've got covered, but also some drama as well, but I could always use some good suggestions there too. I'm especially interested if anyone has any good Mecha suggestions: the whole genera is basically a mystery to me which I can't make heads or tails of.

My first thought for sci-fi was GitS, but you have all of that covered. I'm no sci-fi nut myself so I can't be of much help there. If you want good mecha, try Gurren Lagann or Eureka Seven.

While you guys are at it, I'm interersted in getting some recomendations for things I normally wouldn't just pick up on my own but are still good. Generally, I'm a major science fiction nut, which for the most part I've got covered, but also some drama as well, but I could always use some good suggestions there too. I'm especially interested if anyone has any good Mecha suggestions: the whole genera is basically a mystery to me which I can't make heads or tails of.

Ohmanlookathowhighourcompatibilityisbaby.

You should try getting into Gundam sometime. Some of them are pretty good, like 08th MS Team and Stardust Memory.

You should try getting into Gundam sometime. Some of them are pretty good, like 08th MS Team and Stardust Memory.

I've considered that before, but the problem really is I can't figure it out. It's just such a huge franchise with all the ins and outs that come with that sort of thing (conflicting timelines, remakes, movie adaptations, and whatnot), I've never known where to start.

I've considered that before, but the problem really is I can't figure it out. It's just such a huge franchise with all the ins and outs that come with that sort of thing (conflicting timelines, remakes, movie adaptations, and whatnot), I've never known where to start.

You don't really need to watch any of them in really any order. Most of the series have their own timelines. The original (with Amuro Ray) follows a timeline known as UC, or Universal Century, but it's somewhat incoherent and there are contradictions about when it even takes place.

But if you want to "get" the overall feeling of Gundam, I guess it would be good to check out the original Mobile Suit Gundam. Try it sometime, it's a great series.

Yeah. I thought that Mari's presence was really weird. She didn't really do much.

Someone else thought that she might have something to do with Asuka, what with her more forthcoming behavior and honesty with her feelings towards Shinji.

I hadn't given it much thought, but given what happened to Asuka in 2.0, Mari might end up replacing her as the one who goes through the coma that was to happen later. Idealy, though, she'll be a new story line. 4.0 is going to be a whole new thing, and since Mari is the first thing we've seen that's entirely new, she might play a huge part.

It was alright in the original anime, I thought. I just didn't like that they never confirmed them getting together.

Though I'm confident that after Third Impact, the two of them became a close couple.

You know, in the original anime, I don't remember them getting together in the slightest. I watched the whole thing, and that made the ending movie that replaced episode 25 and 26 feel really off (As well as the 50 other things I didn't like about it- I felt there was so much off with how they ended it that it threw the whole series out of wack for me.). Anyway, they seem to be changing that, given that they've ALREADY answered some questions that were unanswered in the original, IIRC.

You don't really need to watch any of them in really any order. Most of the series have their own timelines. The original (with Amuro Ray) follows a timeline known as UC, or Universal Century, but it's somewhat incoherent and there are contradictions about when it even takes place.

But if you want to "get" the overall feeling of Gundam, I guess it would be good to check out the original Mobile Suit Gundam. Try it sometime, it's a great series.

It's on my list, although I have a few things to work through first. I hope to get to it by the end of the summer, though.

This is a double shame. Not only is failing to read the forum description (which says specifically that double-posting rules do not apply here) not worthy of a warn, but I'd actually get warned myself if I insulted your utter obliviousness.

i get fucked for ANYTHING here and at smashboards, so...

Sorry, but Cruel Angel's Thesis wins here.

Sucks.

that means i'll love it :)