Advance Wars Mafia

Tables

[spoiler=Flavour]18 months have passed since Black Hole invaded Omega Land. Back then Commander Rachel of Orange Star led the allied nations - consisting of Orange Star, Blue Moon, Yellow Comet and Green Earth - in a counterattack against Black Hole. After repelling the Black Hole army, Hawke and Lash defected from Black Hole, helping the allies fight back, until the last minute - after the mysterious Von Bolt was defeated, his chair, imbued with near limitless power, was stolen by Hawke. Whether he escaped with it, and what happened to Von Bolt and the rest of the Black Hole army, remained a mystery... until a letter arrive.

Orange Star HQ

Nell: Sami, thank you for coming so quickly. I want you to read this.

Sami: This letter? That... that's Black Hole's insignia!

Nell: Mmm. Go get Commanders Andy, Max and Jake immediately. And get my sister... er, that is, get Commander Rachel on live too.

Sami: Right away, Commander!

-----------

Minutes later...

Andy: Hey, what gives, I was having a nice nap!

Jake: Hah, Andy, you know you're on duty, right?

Andy: ...

Max: That's Andy for ya!

Sami: That's enough, you three. Listen up, this is important.

Max: Let me guess. Black Hole is attacking again?

Nell: Not quite, Max. We recieved this letter from them. It certainly seems... unusual.

Rachel: We recieved the same letter here in Omega Land. We've dispatched intel forces to the location it mentions.

Nell: Good work. I don't think there's a single one of us who doesn't suspect it's a trap.

Jake: Yeah, I guess we just wait and see what they're up to now then?

Max: Waiting isn't really my style, but... I suppose it's what we'll have to do.

Sami: Commander Nell, I'm going to contact Eagle... er, Green Earth, and see if they've received this letter too.

Nell: That's a good idea, Sami. Get to it.

Sami: Yes, commander!

-----------

Green Earth HQ

Eagle: ...And that's what the letter says. Is that the same as yours? ... Okay, have you dispatched troops to investigate, then? ... Well then, there's nothing left to do but wait. It must be a trap. Black Hole would never propose a ceasefire, especially before the combat has even started! ... Yes. Goodbye, Sami, see you soon. ... I love you too.

Drake: So Orange Star got that letter too?

Eagle: Oh, Drake! You were listening then? Well, it's not like there was anything sensitive in there. Anyway, all we need to do is wait for intel to get back to us.

Drake: I suppose I need to inform Jess and Javier what's going on.

Jess: No need, Drake. We've just arrived.

Eagle: Red! Hmpf, were you waiting outside, listening in again?

Jess: Again? You're just paranoid, flyboy. Need I remind you that you're the one who suggested BOMBING that letter before even opening it?

Eagle: That...

Drake: Shiver me timbers, you too! Eagle, since you and Sami got married you've been so aggressive towards Jess, why not just leave her alone for once?

Javier: Ah, Drake speaks like a true gentleman! Leave dame Jess alone, she is, after all, an invaluable member of our millitary, is she not?

Jess: Thank you Javier. And you, Drake

Eagle: All right, I'm sorry, Jess. Now, we should head out to that island the letter mentions.

Jess: Already? Er, isn't that intel's job?

Eagle: Oh, fine, you want to just sit around? Why not just take a risk one in a while, Red?

Drake: By shanty Pete's beard, won't you two stop for just five minutes?

-----------

Yellow Comet, at Emperor Kanbei's house

Kanbei: Sonja! What was that noise? Is the enemy here?

Sonja: Ugh, father, that was the post. Calm down, and let me check what... that's from Black Hole. This might be bad.

Kanbei: What does it say? I'm going to ready the army!

Sonja: No, that won't be necessary. Let me deal with this. It's... a non-millitary challenge. This is for you. These are for commanders Grimm and Sensei. I'll go and deliver them now.

Kanbei: Hmm... ah, I see. Once we get to this... facility, I need to get everyone to vote for me? Kanbei shall be victorious again!

Sonja: ...Father doesn't understand the seriousness of this. I'll contact the other nations and see what they're doing. As for me, this is a direct challenge from Lash, but I don't know what she means... how do i predict who 'we' will vote for?

-----------

Yellow Comet HQ

Sensei: Hm, oh, is it a letter?

Sonja: ...Yes, Sensei, I told you that twice already.

Sensei: Oh, did you? Hey, is that a letter?

Sonja: Grimm, would you take care of him, I think he's getting senile again?

Grimm: Haha, of course! Now, what's this letter about? ... What? That good for nothing commander has been saying that about me? I'll be sure to show them what it means to mess with Lightning Grimm!

Sensei: Oh, that's nice, Grimm. Now, what's this letter about? Something about my pension? ... Oh, I just need to stay alive? Well, I've been doing that for 90 years already, I can handle another week or so!

-----------

Blue Moon HQ

Colin: And that's what the letter said, s-sir! Orange Star and Green Earth have confirmed they're, uh... uh, investigating, sir!

Sasha: Calm down, Colin, it's a simple instruction. Now, what are we going to do?

Olaf: We can't afford for everyone to go, leaving the country undefended. Even if it turns out not to be a trap, one of us will be enough. I'll be going.

Grit: You, beardy? Surely I should go, or the young'ns?

Olaf: Imbecile! I'm the most suited to this task. Although we have the siblings here... Hmpf! You can come along then.

Grit: Right you are, commander... wait, going already? Not going to say g'bye to everyone?

Colin: And they're gone... um, Sasha? Why was Olaf so keen to go?

Sasha: Only two things can motivate commander Olaf like that... one is saving Blue Moon, and the other is snow. I think that island must be snowy...

-----------

An Unknown location

Grunt: Commander Kindle, we have confirmation that the Orange Star intel teams have found no traps or anything unusual on the island.

Kindle: Ahahaha! So diligent, but so naive. What are the allies commanders doing?

Grunt: Uhh... every commander is on their way from Orange Star, Green Earth, and Yellow Comet. Blue Moon appears to only be sending commander Olaf... but he has a hidden emergency signal to contact home.

Koal: We should be sure to let him keep it. We need him to bring in the other commanders.

Jugger: Project Phoenix status confirmed. Project was a success, but target enraged. Request permission to use lethal force.

Kindle: Request Denied. We'll just release him along with the rest of us. It will be a bloodbath! Ahahaha!

???: Kindle... is everything on schedule?

Kindle: Who dares address me like... oh! My apologies, my lord Yes, they allied morons will be arriving in just a few hours. Lord Von Bolt, are you sure this plan will work?

Von Bolt: Hhhhh... of course it will. Last time, they beat us by working together... knowing each other's strengths... this time, they do not have that element. They will be eradicated.

Lash: Tee hee hee! Fish tank is right! We're going to make them go SPLAT!

-----------

Orange Star Transport Copter

Andy: Is that the location? That's it, right?

Max: Of course it is, twerp!

Nell: Max! Yes, we'll be arriving soon, Andy. Have we got visual on the Black Hole COs?

Rachel: Negative, commander, but we can see the Yellow Comet and Green Earth COs.

Jake: What about Blue Comet, they there yet?

Rachel: Commander Olaf and Grit appear to be there. There aren't any others...

Sami: We'll be landing soon. Buckle up, everyone!

-----------

The landing bay on an unknown island

Eagle: Sami!

Sami: Eagle... and everyone else. It's so nice to see you all again. Have any of you heard from the Black Hole COs?

???: You have now! Hee hee

Jake: Aw, she's not...

Jess: Lash! You and Hawke are back with them?

Lash: Huh? Hawke disappeared, stupid, and I'm OBVIOUSLY here with them. Anyway, we've got a special surprise for you this time. Activate!

Drake: Barnacles! It's a trap!

Lash: Well, duh.

Sonja: I knew... it...

Flak: Huh, they're all unconsious already?

Koal: Lashes force field has proved effective. Flak, carry them all down into the prison.

Flak: All of 'em? Why me?

Jugger: Flak strength analysed. Flak is strongest person. Flak must carry them.

Flak: ...

-----------

Inside a prison, somewhere on the island

Kindle: Rise and shine! Time for you all to... die!

Koal: You trusted your intelligence forces... did you really think that was sensible?

Lash: Time for my new invention to go to work! In just under a minute, everyone here will be transformed. You'll all have a new alias and we'll all be blended in with you! Can you work out who's your ally and who isn't? Hee hee!

Jugger: Chameleon beam ready. Firing Chameleon beam in 5... 4... 3... 2... 1...

???: Whuh?

???: Woah!

???: Check your name tags!

???: What kind of name is...

???: Everyone looks the same!

Von Bolt: Brilliant, isn't it? Hhhh... you worked together for so long, relying on... hhh.... teamwork and friendship, but with that taken away, can you still win? Hhh... I am.... neutral in this conflict. I gain nothing... Hhh... whoever wins... but I wish to see you all suffer! Tonight... nobody will die. But tomorrow... Hhh... you will decide between you to kill someone. Can you do it? Hhh... so starts the game... Hhh... of Mafia...

(The above is in spoiler tags simple because it's big, and could get in the way if you're trying to check stuff on page 1)

I am obviously moderating this game, and Lightning is Co-modding.

Rules:

Be active: This is a pretty important rule for fun games. Ideally, everyone is making 5-10+ posts per day, although that's impossible for a some people and others want to play, and not be completely inundated by the game, so really I'd ask everyone to aim to be making at least 1 post with useful content per day, preferably ~3. If you don't post for over 72 hours without giving me prior notice you'll be away, you'll likely be replaced. I'll remind people if they seem inactive after about 36 hours.

No PMs or external communication: This is a no PMs game. Hence, all discussion should be in the topic. Some roles (e.g. the Mafia and Cult) obviously get to talk to one another via PM, but unless your role permits it, you aren't allowed.

Do not quote your role PM: This is a slightly unusual one, but there's a reason. Not everyone knows much about Advance Wars, and not everyone wants to spend a long time making a fake role PM just to blend in. You can explain, in your own words, what your role does, but please do not quote or paraphrase any flavour text that came with your role.

Do not talk to dead players, even if you are dead: Dead players may want to, or may be asked to, fill in for other players. Therefore, please don't communicate about the game with dead players or anything like that.

Replacement players: Anyone who is not in the game can PM me to ask to be a substitute. If anyone drops out or is kicked out for any reason, then a substitute will fill in. Anyone in the game who has died, and has no outstanding additional information, may also fill in for someone (by this, I mean things like, a mafioso couldn't fill in until the mafia was dead, or a cop couldn't ever etc. This probably means only townies and a few other roles will be able to fill in.)

You may talk at night: Do I need to add anything to this?

Expect the unexpected: There's a number of normal roles in the game including townies, but there's also some unusual roles, and some roles that have unexpected powers or abilities. Don't take everything for granted.

There are five factions in this game. One of these is the town. The other four are some of the list below:

Neutral factions:

• Fool: Wins if he gets lynched. Can visit people at night, but has no effect.
  • Lyncher: Has a target who is pro-town or neutral, who he must get lynched. If his target dies, wins by surviving.
  • Survivor: Wins by surviving to the end of the game. May have abilities to help survival.
  • Warlock: Wins by correctly predicting who gets lynched twice. Must be alive to win.

Anti-town factions:

• Mafia: Can kill every night, and may have various abilities. Wins by achieving parity
  • Cult: Can convert people into the cult, and may have other abilities. Wins by achieving parity
  • Killer: Must kill every night, but may have other abilities. Wins by being in the final 2

The town wins if it kills all anti-town factions. If a neutral player wins, they're considered to have won first, unless they win the same night the game ends, in which case it is a joint win. The game ends when the town or an anti-town team wins.

Night 1 will be a passive night: There will be no kills, but other night actions, including mafia abilities etc., may be used. However, in return, day 1 is must lynch. After that, the game will proceed like normal and no lynch will be an option.

Alive:

Fayt - Drake

Ninji - Cultist

SlayerX - Cultist

Core - Rachel

Proto - Townie

WoMC - Townie

Snike - Grit

Dracohon - Cultist

Killed:

ALS - Nell - Shot, Day 1

Ether - Andy - Unspecified death, Night 2

Yossarian - Kanbei - Unspecified death - Night 2

Psychout50 - townie - Hung, Day 2

Pride - Olaf - Unspecified death, Night 3

Cheezperson - Eagle - Slit throat, Night 3

Raymond - Cultist (Sami) - Stabbed in the chest, Night 3

Levity - Sonja - Escaped, Day 3

JB25 - Sturm - Bludgeoned, Day 4

Substitues:

Balcerzak

Ether

Psychout50

Edited by I Eat Tables

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[spoiler=Revealed Roles]

[spoiler=ALS]

Dear ALS,

You are Nell, the lucky commander

nell.jpg

You are the commander in chief of the Orange Star army. You tend to be quite strict on new recruits, but that's only because you want the best from them. You became commander of the Orange Star army partly through your own skill, but also partly because you always seem to get lucky. Because you are so lucky, your investigations always seem to be fruitful.

Abilities:

Talking: This is your most important ability. During the day and night, you may talk to other players. Use this amazing ability to ask questions, work things out, discuss who you suspect and who you trust.

Voting: During the day phase, you may place a vote for someone in the form ##vote: [user]. Similarly, you can remove or change your vote in the form ##Unvote: [user]. This format makes it easy for me, yourself and others to find the votes, by searching for the ## string.

Investigate: Each night phase, you may try to find something out about the game, in the form: 'Night X: Find out about [something]. Always getting lucky, you will then discover something useful about the something you mentioned. You may not use this to investigate a user, or anything overly specific - if the something is too specific, you will be told to pick again.

Notebook: After each investigation, your reports are written in a notebook. If you are killed, this notebook will be revealed to the town.

You are allied with the town.

"Don't hate me just because I'm lucky!"

Night 1: I need to know what we're up against. I'm going to investigate what the mafia can do here.

Day 1: Last night yielded an interesting result. I discovered that there is no mafia faction.

Night 2:

[spoiler=Ether]

Dear Ether,

You are Andy, the incredible mechanic.

andy.jpg

Andy was the hero of the war in Macro Land and in Cosmo Land. While he seems too stupid to be a real commanding officer, he's proved himself capable many times, and in fact displays no real weakness on the battlefield. His CO Power, Hyper Repair, involves repairing all of his units, which somehow also heals infantry. Go figure.

Abilities:

Talking: This is your most important ability. During the day and night, you may talk to other players. Use this amazing ability to ask questions, work things out, discuss who you suspect and who you trust.

Voting: During the day phase, you may place a vote for someone in the form ##vote: [user]. Similarly, you can remove or change your vote in the form ##Unvote: [user]. This format makes it easy for me, yourself and others to find the votes, by searching for the ## string.

Hyper Repair: During the night phase, you may reply to this PM saying 'Night X: Hyper Repairing user X'. If User X is targeted to be killed that night, you will work your magic and repair them, keeping them alive. You may not hyper repair yourself.

"What's an airport?"

[spoiler=Yossarian]

Dear Yossarian,

You are Kanbei, Yellow Comet Emperor

kanbei.jpg

You are the most impressive commander in the world. Your units are the best trained and most powerful of anybodies, boasting superior attack and defence all around. Sure, the extra training costs a little more, but when you're the best, it's worth it. You tend to walk into traps and rush off on impulse a little easily, and as such Black Hole has tricked you into trying to collect as many votes as possible.

Abilities:

Visit: Each night, you may send me a PM saying 'Night X: Visiting [user]'. You will then visit that person. Visiting them doesn't do anything, but maybe someone will find you suspicious?

Lynched and win: If you get lynched, you win. If you die any other way, or survive without being lynched, you lose.

You are allied with the fool

"Ohhoho, look what I have found: A base for Kanbei's troops! I shall deploy a mountain of troops!"

[spoiler=psychout50]

Dear Psychout50,

You are generic Orange Star Officer, townie.

You were born in Orange Star. You joined the millitary, and have worked your way up to being a commanding officer. Nell asked you to come along just in case you were needed, and now you're here.

Abilities:

"..."

[spoiler=Pride]

Dear Pride,

You are Olaf, Snow loving commander.

awdsolaf_thumb.jpg

You love Blue Moon, and you love the snow. You love Blue Moon so much that you'd do anything for her, including turning on your former allies. You also happen to be surprisingly deceptive and can get other commanders to join you, which you use to grow Blue Moon's might. Because of your love of snow, your command in snow is top notch, and you have no real weakness except rain.

Abilities:

Recruitment: Every night that Blue Moon has 3 or fewer people in it, you may reply to this PM saying 'Night X: Recruiting [user]'. This user will then join Blue Moon, dropping their previous role. You may discuss with the rest of Blue Moon who to recruit, but you have the final say.

Kill: Every night, if Blue Moon has 4 members, you may reply to this PM saying 'Night X: killing [user]'. This user will then be killed. You may discuss with the rest of Blue Moon who to kill, but you have the final say.

Mass Suicide: If you are killed, and Grit has been killed as well, then the rest of the Blue Moon commanders will commit suicide. This means you will lose the game.

Lights: At any point during a day phase, you may reply to this PM saying 'Keeping the lights on during Night X'. On that night, all lights will be kept on and everyone who has a night action will have the person they visit (but not what they did) publicly displayed. It will be publicly announced at the start of the night that the lights are being kept on. The cult may choose to fake who they visit: At the night after the lights are switched on, they may reply here saying 'Night X: claiming to visit [user]'. They may claim to visit nobody. It will also be publicly announced that the cult will be able to fake visits, and the Mafia and Serial Killer can also fake who they kill.

You are allied with the cult.

"Feel the fury of Winter!"

[spoiler=cheezperson]

Dear cheezperson,

You are Eagle, air forces commander

eagle.jpg

You love flying. You've always wanted to be a pilot, so you became one. Then you became a commander, who commanded planes. You can be a little blunt in conversation, and are very protective of Sami, who you recently married. Your speed is also second to none - you've been known to somehow make people move twice as fast as normal with no downsides.

Abilities:

Guardian: If Sami is ever killed, for any reason - be it voting, a night kill, or something else, you will die in her place. This action is involuntary, as it is a part of your chivalrous nature towards your wife.

As of Night 3, you will no longer protect Sami if she is killed.

"Impressive. You had almost overtaken me. Almost!"

[spoiler=Raymond]

Dear Raymond,

You are generic Blue Moon Officer, a cultist.

Blue Moon came to you offering a deal, which you took. You've foregone all of your previous powers and allegiances to side with Blue Moon.

Abilities:

Mass Suicide: If both Olaf and Grit are killed, then you and any other cult members will commit mass suicide. You will then lose.

You are allied with the cult.

"..."

[spoiler=Levity]

Dear EmeraldFox Bizz,

You are Sonja, command genius

sonja.jpg

You are a complete genius. While you suffer from occasional bad luck, you can outpredict and manipulate just about everyone. By doing so, you have the impressive ability to conceal information from the enemy, as well as reducing their effective defences, making you a foe to be reckoned with. Unfortunately, your impulsive father tends to prevent your impressive strategies taking place.

Abilities:

Prediction: Each night, you may predict who the town will lynch by replying here and saying 'Night X: Predicting a lynch of [user]'. If you guess correctly twice, you win. You may not predict a no lynch or your own lynch - you must be alive to win.

You are allied with the Warlock.

"Number of enemies... location of enemy troops... got it! This is so easy!"

[spoiler=JB25]

Dear Sync,

You are Sturm, bringer of destruction

aw2sturm_thumb.jpg

You are an invader from another world. You came to Earth with the goal of taking over, but you were stopped by a meddling youngster named Andy. You tried again, this time with a base and army, but once again, you were stopped, by the combined forces of Orange Star, Blue Moon, Yellow Comet and Green Earth, and at the last minute your second in command stabbed you in the back, killing you. Now you've been revived, and you're out for blood.

Abilities:

Kill: Each night, you must kill one person. You must reply to this PM saying 'Night X: Killing [user]. User will then be killed. Your kill is faster than many others in the game.

Protection: You are immune to being killed at night. In addition, you will know who has visited you during the night. This protection is automatic.

You are allied with the Serial Killer.

"Their troops... they are all amassed right there. Bwahaha, they've played right into my hands!"

Edited by I Eat Tables

Not all of them are in the game. Only four non-town teams are in the game. We've aimed to try and give the town and each anti-town team the same chance of winning - neutrals are harder to say, since they can depend a bit on what the town and other roles do, but they've got a decent chance.

So let me get this straight.

There are 4 different groups, and the mafia.

The groups aren't against each other, but the mafia is against everyone?

So in the end GreenEarth and BlueMoon could beat the mafia hypothetically?

I think Cult and Mafia can get a joint win. As well as SK, fool, Lyncher, and Survivor. Am I right, Tables?

FYI, Survivor Joints with anyone if they live.

Any anti-town group can joint win with any other. All neutrals can joint win with any anti-town person/group and depending on the circumstances, with the town. Basically, if it's possible for their win conditions to be achieved simultaneously, they can joint win.

And there are 5 different groups: The town, 1-3 anti town groups and 1-3 Neutrals.

There are plenty of roles in the game. There's some number of townies, and everything else is currently unknown. I added a comment on that in the first post, actually.

Everyone vote for Ulki tomarrow.

;_; I did nothing to win last game, it was just very confusing, and my companions used it, along with the help of the Raymond... ;_;

*Southern Belle Voice*

Why, whoever did put that there? I know a kindly old fellow like you sir, would neva accuse me of betraying...

*50's Mobster Voice*

Look here, see! We's gonna be taken you out now that yous guys are onto us.

-----------------------------------------

I just think Ulki is annoying dangerous.....

Then.....I'm holding a grudge for the last time you won?

I don't know. You're an easy lynch and we have to start somewhere.

Might as get the weaker people out first....

... :mellow:

Might as get the weaker people out first....

Yeah that sounds more like Ulki.