Lord of Azure Flame: Chapter 13: Stabby Stabby Stabby!

Snowy_One

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Now." said Petros, and Ruby drew circles around the demons.

Suddenly, all 4 of them appeared in the center of camp! Morgan was somewhat surprised, but rather prepared for such things, whipped out Midnight and fired it at the earth demon!

The large globe of darkness barely chipped the man.

"Damn!" said Morgan. "Resistant to magic!"

"Smart girl" said Petros, connecting a rocky fist to her chest. A sickening crunch could be heard as Morgan crumpled to the ground unconscious.

Helios

"I wouldnt have to do so if you didnt go and kick me!" Then Helios heard a crunch. He let go of the headmaster and headed outside. He looked in horror as he saw Morgan fall.

----------------------

Ruby

"Petros you damn fool, shes a crimson weapon wielder." She brandished her blade and charged at the closest person who just happened to be Cess.

Edited by Kai

OOC: Pre battle.

Alferis woke up with a long yawn. He was not haunted by any dreams last night. Next to him, Reika's sleeping bag was empty. Must've gotten up he thought. He pulled out hardtack from his pack and chewed on it. It wasn't good, but it could be worse. When he finished he walked out of the tent and stretched, grabbing his shirt and his axes. He walked to the field to practice. He was wondering where Esphyr was. He liked her. She was kind to him and he was hoping to spar with her. Maybe she was training there as well.

He found Damian and Esphyr hugging on the ground, hugging and kissing.

Reika

Heinz. He's up to something. I'm going to follow him and see what he's up too. Now if only I knew where he was.

Edited by Dark Sage

Spotting Kelas talking to the fire mage, Heinz walked over to the nomad quickly. Doubt he's talking to her about anything important. "Excuse me, do you have an extra bit by any chance?" he asked, nodding over to where the horses were standing. "My horse has been shaking its head since yesterday, and when I looked it over recently I noticed the bit was missing. You seem to be the horse expert around here, do you know what happened?" He questioned. Perhaps Naelia or another thief could have taken it, but bits are pretty worthless... It was gone before we arrived in town though, so I don't think the hobos stole it.

Before the nomad could reply though, four figures appeared in camp and Morgan was taken out by one of them, her dark magic seemingly not affecting the man. Him, Shanice, that woman who stabbed me, and another one... Heinz took out his knives and threw two of them straight at the man who had taken Morgan out. Let's hope he's not quite as fast as that other one was before.

Edit: Fixed location of where Heinz was to be more vague. You can assume he's somewhere near the middle of camp, just not right on top of where the demons are.

Edited by the_whistler

Before the shaman had a chance to intercept Ruby cut him down. (No he is not dead) Her attention shifted to the thief throwing knifes. "Your a little fast arent ya?" She said as she brought down her blade on him.

Edited by Kai

Tessa smiled and nodded as Charlotte continued to explain. Somewhere in the line of conversation she had apparently slightly lost track of something, though the general sense of things was still there, when the cleric had brought up 'scandalous behaviour' and 'making the first move', it didn't entirely seem to fit in with the picture as she had understood it.

"Well... we'll see what I can do then, I suppose," she answered noncommitally, before attempting to deflect the situation. "And how about you? If you had thought I was trying to attract and impress someone, is that then the goal for you too?" She tilted her head a bit, and watched curiously, waiting for Charlotte to answer.

Quickly, the Headmaster yanked her foot away and down to the ground as she too rushed outside. However, upon spotting the demons, she understood what was happening. "Get some melee on them!" she called out as she fanned her wings. She was useless against, them possibly even harmful to the party, but she knew what to do still. For now, it involved fleeing.

---

"Damian! What the heck happened?!" exclaimed Esphyr, rolling out from under him as she heard the noise of Morgan's fall as well.

Edited by Snowy_One

"Er...I was going to ask if you wanted to spar, though I hope I'm not interrupting anything," he said, staring awkwardly.

Reika

Demons were attacking the camp. She saw Morgan fall to one of them. Seeing Heinz out of the demon's sight, she hid among them, watching as the demons attacked. She didn't give a damn about them though she hoped they didn't find her.

She crept up next to him but unfortunately, one of the demons put a sword through him.

"Calamity," she whispered, preparing to block any attacks thrown at her.

Edited by Dark Sage

Everyone

Shanice: THE TIME HAS COME!!!

As soon as they'd arrived, Shanice leaped into the air and unsheathed both of his daggers! At the top of his jump, he'd soared to over forty feet! Viveka rushed from the tent holding a spear in her hand, and Lucille and Jasmine were right behind her! All three of them threw their spears at him, but with three deflecting swings, they were all parried! As he came down, he put his hands together forming an ice ball that he quickly threw at the knights! They scattered as it exploded into an icy mist!

Shanice landed on that very spot and looked over to the knights who were trying to get back on their feet.

Shanice: I won't stop ... no matter what you do ... no matter what you try ... I won't be defeated today. You're all going to be severed and killed. Count on it!!

Cess:

Cess dropped the javelin with the fish. He ran over to Morrey, and mounted. The others were fighting, but it wouldn't last long. Morgan had been the first to go down, but he put her on the horse, and went to get Damian and Esphyr.

--------------

Pary:

"Can't you people see I'm having breakfast here?" Pary finished his cup of tea, before setting the cup down. He walked calmly out of the camp, while the others had the demons taken care of. He walked over to the river, where he could see Damian and Esphyr from the bank. He headed towards them.

Alferis ran into Cess and Pary. Cess seemed frantic.

"What's going on? I heard fighting near the camp? Do you guys know anything?"

"Shit," he grunted. "Damian! Esphyr! This is right up your alley!" he yelled as he tried to get up. He was fighting unconsciousness, trying to protect the mages and get back to camp.

Edited by Dark Sage

Pary:

"I believe you're wrong madame." Pary had his cursed staff in his hands already, as well as his other staves on his back. He quickly focused the energy, and long strands of energy could be seen seeping out of the demon. She quickly fell to the ground, and Pary walked around her to Damian and Esphyr. "Oh yes, demons are attacking."

--------------

Cess:

"That's one way to deal with it. But Morgan got hurt. And Shanice and that other one are back at camp. Only there's a new one this time."

OOC: And you thought I forgot about the curse staff. :awesome:

Edited by psychout50

Like lightning, Esphyr had her sword at the ready. With a swift stride in her step, she hurried back to the main camp, just in time to catch the antics of the demons. She didn't need to wait for orders. She knew what to do. With a loud cry, she charged at the first one she saw; Ruby.

---

Meanwhile, the headmaster had made her escape. It wasn't anything perminate though. She just needed to get the right materials if she were to join the fight. Namely, a small load of bricks, plucked off the roof of a nearby town.

Ruby chanted a spell that casted Hellfire on Cess and Pary knocking them back. Then Ruby heard a cry and then saw Espyr charging at her. With no time to dodge she spun around and parried the blow with her blade. "Impressive little girl, i will enjoy watching Shanice sever you from your sword."

OOC: I call bs on Ruby hitting Cess and Heinz and taking out both of them in one post. Fast attacker or not, Heinz is a thief, and I would've had him avoid the attack if Sage hadn't posted before me. Counting it as non-catastrophic, Heinz can still move. Actually, who the heck was attacked besides Heinz if Cess is still running around freely?

Before Heinz had a chance to see if the knives had hit their mark, another one of the attackers had gotten past the other shaman, Cess and attacked Heinz, stabbing a sword into his side. He stiffened and took out another knife with his left hand, throwing it straight into his chest and embedding itself into the man's ribs. Hobbling backwards, Heinz pulled himself free from the man's sword. Looks like this one moves pretty quick, Heinz mulled. Seeing the others approaching out of the corner of his eye, Heinz edged toward the side of the camp, putting more distance between himself and the demons.

Everyone

Viveka: So you're that ice demon everyone's so worked up over. I'm not impressed.

Shanice: Tch. Like I give a damn! I'm not here to impress you, lady! I'M HERE TO TEAR OUT YOUR DAMN SPINE AND SHOW IT TO YA!!!

He immediately lunged at her, but suddenly, he was struck, by a crimson weapon, and sent to the ground!

Viveka: *gasp* General!

Conrad: I'm not impressed either. Stand up so I can finish you off.

Shanice shot Conrad a look of sheer rage from his position on the ground, and then span around in circles to get to his feet from a handstand!

Viveka: Lucille! Jasmine! Get the pegasi! We'll take him on full force!

Lucille and Jasmine: Right!

The two rushed off, but Viveka stayed near Conrad! Shanice rose to his feet, and then quickly took the form of a sniper! They didn't even have time to react before he sent three arrows speeding toward them!

Conrad: Down!!

Both of them ducked as the tent was holed!

Shanice: Dammit! Hold still!!

Megae rushed through the camp slashing the tents down searching for someone she could cleave in one swing! She found Chase!

Megae: Urgh! Red ...

Chase: Ack! It's you!

Chase quickly summoned the crimson bow and fired a perfect shot at her! She had just enough time to deflect the arrow with her sword before trying to rush passed him! Elsewhere, the commotion was building up, and Levski and Irina were finally aware of the danger! They both mounted up quickly and prepared to fight!

"Gah." Alferis turned forward and raised his axe. While the demon was distracted, he threw the axe at her, praying that would be enough.

Reika

As Heinz ran from the trees, she saw the demons chase only after him. She stayed out of sight, continuing to watch.

OOC: Retcon every single Ruby attack except the ones on Esphyr and Alferis.

As the axe came into range, she swung her sword and broke. "Silly Bandit, now your going to die!" "HELLSETY!" Ruby turned around to see a barrage of razor wind aimed right at her. She couldnt dodge in time.

"You mean, this sword?!" said Esphyr, shooting her right arm past Ruby's block. "SWORD OF BLOODY WRATH!" she called out. As if by magic, the blade suddenly shot forth in all it's crimson glory, separate from Esphyr's usual blade, as it stabbed towards Ruby's head.

Ruby was hit by Helios. It scarred her face. "You son of a bitch She said making Helios her target. Then Esphyr aimed her sword at Ruby's neck. No time. Then Petros appeared and pushed Ruby out the way. He was hit. He looked at Esphyr. "Is that the best you can do?"