Lord of Azure Flame: Chapter 13: Stabby Stabby Stabby!

Snowy_One

"Well, time to kill her now that she's weak I suppose." said Morgan, taking out Midnight and attempting to blast the thief who was clutching her stomach.

Charlotte got up from her bedroll when she smelled food. She was so tired she had forgotten she was hungry. On the way, she ran into Kitty! She sneezed, then patted the cat on the head.

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cess:

"What'd she do to my hair? I can't see it. And I was going to barter with her with the diamonds." Cess took out his tome, mimicing Morgan.

------------------

Pary:

Charlotte had walked into the campsite, along with a horse. "Here sister." Pary gave her a bowl of stew and a biscuit, before helping himself to some beans and rice. "There's plenty, and some beans and rice if you want."

He looked around. The others still hadn't come back where with that thief. "I wonder if the others are okay. They haven't returned yet."

"Thank you Sir Pary" said Charlotte, eating the food. "It is...pretty good" she said truthfully. Not on the level of Chef Pierre, but then again they were outdoors with limited equipment and she was hungry.

"It was only a single thief, right? They can probably handle it." Charlotte said with a shrug.

"Well,if that's all then,we'll be going to eat,I suppose." Damian said,as the headmaster seemed to be finished speaking.Opening the flap of the tent,he reminded Aiya,who had been staring off into space for the last minute.

"Aiya,you coming?"

"Huh?Oh!Uh,yeah,sorry." She said bashfully,and got up to follow him.

Reaching the campfire,the pair noticed that several people were eating already,including Pary himself.

"So,what did you end up making?" Damian asked him.

Pary:

"Stew and biscuits. But if you don't want that, there's some rice and beans over there." He got two bowls, and handed them to Damian.

The horse from earlier was walking closer to the group. "Who's horse is that?"

Edited by psychout50

"I see." Moving to the pot,he filled both bowls with stew,and handed one to Aiya,while she retrieved two biscuits,handing him one.

Sitting down next to one another on a log near the fire,they began to eat.

"Y'know,this is pretty good,actually...where did you learn to cook,Pary?" Damian asked him.

Pary:

"It's the sort of thing you'd learn in a convent. I know quite a few dishes. If I had the proper equipment and ingredients, I could make things like roast beef, cabbage rolls, dumplings, curry, fish stew, all sorts of things. Just ask me what you'd like to eat next time we stop in town."

"I see.I'm actually a bit of a chef myself...well,my teacher was never overly fond of my food,but everyone else seemed to like it...maybe it's because he was a chef for the Jerdonian Royal family before he came to work for my father..." Damian replied,offhandedly.

"Everyone? Hey!" Arrin understood that most people didn't really like Helios, but still, he was possibly wounded... Arrin tried in vain to pick him up and drag him over to one of the healers. Meanwhile, the unfamiliar horse-- possibly Helios'?-- was nibbling at Arrin's pockets. "Hey!"

"Well of course the Jerdonian Royal Family would only hire the best chefs, so his standards are very high. Or so I've heard!" Charlotte added hastily afterwards, catching a glance from Derek.

Edited by -Cynthia-

"I figured something like that was involved.I'd like to think I've improved since then,but I haven't met anyone else with his sort of palette.I suppose if I ever met a Jerdonian royal,they could tell me,but the chances of any of them still being alive are low...even now I hear only the princess managed to slip away...I guess I'll never know unless she is alive,and I meet her someday..." Damian continued,starting to ramble.

Hearring Arrin yell,Aiya went to see what was going on,and found him trying to move Helios.

"I'll get him,hold on." She said,lifting the wind mage up from where Arrin found him.

"That sure would be something, wouldn't it? The princess just traveling around, trying not to get skewered by Septimians." Charlotte laughed very loudly and nervously.

"Oh look, Helios is injured!" said Charlotte, relieved to change the subject. She took out her staff and prepared to use it on the figure Aiya was grabbing.

Pary:

"Well, I'm good, but not good enough for royalty."

Watching Aiya drag Helios towards him, Pary went to his tent, and grabbed his Mend staff. He walked back over to the group. "Where is he hurt? He has bruising on his chest, and maybe a cracked rib or two. How did this happen?"

Pary took the staff, and focused it over Helios's chest. The energy seeped into his chest, fixing the bone, and rubbing away the bruises.

"it would be something,wouldn't it?" Damian replied to Charlotte.Her reaction to the statement was...odd.Still,it wasn't a concern for the moment,as Helios was being brought closer to the campfire,unconscious.

Making a passing comment before Charlotte ran off to tend to him,Damian continued; "It would be almost like those bard's tales you kept talking about when you first began traveling with us,wouldn't it?"

With a quick motion of her hand, a vial of water slid out of Naelia's pants. How she had managed to store it in such a place was a mystery in of itself, but what she did with it was not. Swiftly, she rammed the bottle into Kiev's mouth, shattering it against his fangs, as she kicked his head to the side and into the path of the twin spells as she herself rolled out.

Damned pregnancy she muttered under her breath as she tried to get back up on her feet.

Pary seemed to be tending to Helios, so Charlotte turned her attention back towards Damian.

"It certainly would. I imagine she would have adopted some sort of disguise, so that Septimian spies did not recognize her, she was probably sent to a small backwater village. Or something, maybe if she wasn't already dead." Charlotte's face began to glow pink.

"A disguise would likely be appropriate.I know in Halton,we are instructed that if we ever are in a situation where we are guarding the emperor's daughter,and need to leave her somewhere for whatever reason,we are to have her blend in at a church,and pose as a cleric somewhere where an invading force would never think to look...of course,she is no longer in need of protection,so it doesn't really matter." Damian said,wondering why Charlotte's face was steadily growing more pink.

"I imagine the emperor's daughter would have a tough time masquerading as a cleric really. I mean think of living your whole life in the palace and then being expected to scrub floors and treat random wounds and other very non-princessy things. It would be quite the sight I imagine." Charlotte's eyes shifted and she gave out another loud, awkward laugh.

"The emperor had her learn such things to increase her own potential safety.But,alas,it isn't worth much now.The emperor's daughter has earned herself a place as a Sergeant in the military,she entered the military academy during my last year,in fact." Damian said,before noticing Charlotte was still acting...off...

"Charlotte...are you feeling okay?Do you have a fever or something?" Damian asked,now becoming concerned,as he placed his hand on her forehead to check her temperature.